The online racing simulator
2 wheel questions........
(5 posts, started )
first i would like to ask does the g25 center itself automaticaly? my old steering wheel you could leave it turned left or right and it wouldn't spring back to the center which i prefer does the g25 do the same?

secondly i am looking for a new steering wheel to buy but i dont want to spend alot of money on a wheel like a g25 if possible, is there any other good quality steering wheels with clutch pedals or simmilar knob gear changer as the g25?
The only simmilar wheel i found was this: http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPF- ... ack-Pro-Clutch-Edition-PC for £80 but the pedals look a little flimsy....and i dont know what the make is like.... never heard of them before.

any1 help plz....
#2 - intgr
The G25 automatically calibrates and centers the wheel when you attach it, and tries to keep it centered when no game is using the wheel.

However, when you're in the game, playing or browsing in the menus, there is no centering force by default (though the Logitech Profiler lets you add one).
#3 - Jakg
Why spend lots of money on a wheel that won't return to centre? FFB will do this because a real car's wheels would - if you don't want the wheel to return to centre then it's pretty pointless spending more than £50 on a wheel because you'll turn FFB off.

You can pick up some ACT Labs pedals and shifters, but they aren't cheap. In short - if you want a clutch and shifter, get a G25.
#4 - intgr
Yeah, when driving around; however, a rear car's wheel doesn't automatically turn when standing still. Some force-feedback wheels have a constant centering force regardless whether you're moving or standing still.

I figured this is what MIDWINTER is talking about?
ye thanks for the advice i can noly pray for a g25 will keep searching for cheaper options thanks

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG