The online racing simulator
Please Help
(16 posts, started )
Please Help
I know you probably just start flaming me for something, but i really want your help, seriously, i will try to be as clever and co-operative as i can.

I have lived with this since i've installed Windows XP (credits to Bill Gates and his employees for this lovely OS).

Basically, yesterday, i installed XP for a second time (i was bored ), and then i ran lfs, and it ran 70fps, easily, with no settings changed or tampered with. But then i have tried LFS today, and it is doing what it did before, after i installed XP.

It has a limit on the fps, it only goes till 30, and it will sometimes go down to 25....or even 10 ....i think there is something wierd going on, has anyone else had this problem?, if so, i would appreciate your help.

Please keep in mind, read my signature if you please. I will try to be as Co-Operative as my brain can handle.

Thank you Very much
Harjun
Quote from harjun :I know you probably just start flaming me for something, but i really want your help, seriously, i will try to be as clever and co-operative as i can.

I have lived with this since i've installed Windows XP (credits to Bill Gates and his employees for this lovely OS).

Basically, yesterday, i installed XP for a second time (i was bored ), and then i ran lfs, and it ran 70fps, easily, with no settings changed or tampered with. But then i have tried LFS today, and it is doing what it did before, after i installed XP.

It has a limit on the fps, it only goes till 30, and it will sometimes go down to 25....or even 10 ....i think there is something wierd going on, has anyone else had this problem?, if so, i would appreciate your help.

Please keep in mind, read my signature if you please. I will try to be as Co-Operative as my brain can handle.

Thank you Very much
Harjun

Sure you havn't got it limited on LFS? Something's going on. 67C Idle, then this? Hmm. Don't know mate, sorry.
Isn't FPS limit set to 30?
no its not, i've put it all on no limit, and i've tried it with different limits, still stays on 30
Quote from harjun :no its not, i've put it all on no limit, and i've tried it with different limits, still stays on 30

Silly thing to say, but do you have your graphics drivers installed? I know Laptop's are a bit picky with their graphics drivers.

Done those the same as you have in the past?

Changed anything else? LOD? Anti-Aliasing?
If he didn't have graphics driver installed, LFS wouldn't start at all
Quote from mcintyrej :Silly thing to say, but do you have your graphics drivers installed? I know Laptop's are a bit picky with their graphics drivers.

Done those the same as you have in the past?

Changed anything else? LOD? Anti-Aliasing?

thank you, i will try to do that, but i'm not quite sure where to download the drivers from , if you could help, it is an ATI Radeon Express 1100, got windows xp on at the moment, could it be that i also have vista installed on one partition, i really want to format that partition, but i don't know how to do it.

Would you also mind removing my quote from your sig? you don't have to, but i would like it if you would

thank you
If you have put vista on a separate partition (you should have), then you can simply format that partition. Make sure that you back up anything you want to keep from the Vista partition before formatting it, or save it to your XP partition.

I think you could have deleted the Vista partition during the install process for XP. Why didn't you just do that?
well i've tried to right click on it...then do format...but yes, i have vista on one partition and xp on the other...so is there a programme which can format it?

back to my original help needed...anyone?
Just right click on the partition in My Computer and select 'format' from the menu.

You may have knackered your laptop by all the overclocking shinanigans, causing the unstable framerates. (highly likely!) Perhaps try getting a 3D Mark Score for your system and compare it to people running a similar spec. It does tests for CPU and graphics so it should show you where your system is underperforming..
i stopped overclocking....and it can't be, because its running at like..29.9-30.1.....it can't be so exact like that....something is definately going on...and i dont like the 30fps
Quote from harjun :Would you also mind removing my quote from your sig? you don't have to, but i would like it if you would

thank you

I would, but I belive the comedy factor is worth it.

Nothing personal!
Quote from harjun :....yesterday, i installed XP for a second time (i was bored )....

Thats where your problem has started.
im just gonna put vista back on...don't care

Please Help
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG