The online racing simulator
Screensaver
(13 posts, started )
#1 - Ant
Screensaver
Screensaver

I had a go at making a Windows screensaver. I noticed that the CMX car models format was available, so I adapted a screensaver I had previously made to read them.

It uses the files from the CMX Viewer S2S, so you will need to point it at that so it had a car and textures to display.
http://www.lfs.net/?page=addons

Sorry in advance for the people who it doesn’t work for.

Enjoy
Attached files
LFS ScreenSaver.zip - 99.6 KB - 366 views
Where does one put the .scr file?
#3 - alxf1
great, can you add a skins directory path setting to it... so it use only the skins I want ;-)
anything for mac?
Gahh, it requires Directx9..

Any chance someone could "downgrade" it?

Oh and VTi, you simply download it, right-click the file, and hit install
Ah, thanks.

Okay now it complains about d3dx9_3.dll not being found?

Edit: Oh, I see DX9 is Direct X 9, so I downloaded the latest update and it works!

Sweet screensaver!!
Nice one, thank you for this tool.

Could u add an option to select 2 or 3 cars to be shown?
#8 - troy
Quote from alxf1 :great, can you add a skins directory path setting to it... so it use only the skins I want ;-)

just copy your skins folder (or just some particular skins) from lfs to the one of the cmx viewer, then it will randomly change cars and skins, you can do the same with the dds folder if you got custom dds modifications by the way.

to the author:
it can look quite nice with all that but even the bare version of it produces huge cpu load for me, not really the thing i want a screensaver to do. would be a really nice thing if you could reduce the load a bit, i never use screensavers normally but i would definatly let that one run as often as possible
Attached images
screen3.PNG
screen2.PNG
screen1.PNG
Realy nice !!

The only problem is when the sky is cloudy the render is quiet dark The mini preview is quiet heavy and make me ram. Otherwise it's perfect
Sorry for the mega bump , but is better that start a new tread

There is a update for this? or some more cool Screensaver?
Quote from Inouva :Sorry for the mega bump , but is better that start a new tread

There is a update for this? or some more cool Screensaver?

i dont know
Maybe PM ANT or add some pictures yourself (dont ask how, i dont know either)
this is very nice!

Screensaver
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG