The online racing simulator
Crackers buying S2.
(27 posts, closed, started )
Crackers buying S2.
I was just wondering what happens when someone who's been banned permantly from the forum for cracking buys S2?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I did search and couldn't find anything about this.
What would the devs have to gain from treating them any different from the rest of us that paid?
They have S2 licensed under their name, I've seen it happen.
Yeah...the topic title is...questionable..What do you have agienst white people buying S2?!?!?!
lol
Haha!

Well I don't really know how you would find out who cracks S2? Plus, I mean maybe its a potential buyer wanting to try out the game, the demo is hardly the tip of the iceburg. I would see it as renting.
^Uhh dude, check out other game demos. How many offer three cars (with full colour and setup options) Two tracks (one hard, one dirt, with different configurations, and different times of day and wind conditions) Not to meantion the online. Basically put, the LFS demo is a damn beefy demo...a little too beefy if you ask me...
~Bryan~
Quote from LineR32 :I was just wondering what happens when someone who's been banned permantly from the forum for cracking buys S2?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I did search and couldn't find anything about this.

Nothing special. The banned forum account is irrelevant because the cracker will use a different username, hence the purchased account will have no trace of any of the user's past with LFS.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Nothing special. The banned forum account is irrelevant because the cracker will use a different username, hence the purchased account will have no trace of any of the user's past with LFS.

That's entirely optional, they can purchase an S2 license for the account that is banned from the forum. Of course that won't automatically un-ban them from here, they'll have to contact the devs in order for that to be rectified (since they wouldn't be able to contact forum mods with creating a second account).

And yes, it has happened.
you have to be pretty special to get caught though... I know some people that tried the demo, then cracked the game and bought the game a few days later.... Nobody knows they cracked the game before they bought it.
Quote from Bob Smith :That's entirely optional, they can purchase an S2 license for the account that is banned from the forum. Of course that won't automatically un-ban them from here, they'll have to contact the devs in order for that to be rectified (since they wouldn't be able to contact forum mods with creating a second account).

And yes, it has happened.

Well yes, but (hypothetically, ofc) if my account had been banned for cracking you bet I wouldn't use the same one to register for the full version..
*Cough*
I believe it was one of the moderator who said "Once someone has cracked the game they will never be trusted again" or something along those lines.

I guess this changes when money is involved.
Is this worth getting cynical about?
I cracked the game.
I bought it.
The demo wasn't satisfying me enough, after playing the cracked version I wanted the game
Quote from Gabkicks :you have to be pretty special to get caught though... I know some people that tried the demo, then cracked the game and bought the game a few days later.... Nobody knows they cracked the game before they bought it.

Well, there are special people around the interweb, and for some reason many of them seem to come here on the official forums posting S2 content admitting they don't have a license. Yes indeed, they have to be pretty special.
i say let them buy s2 then ban them from s2... revoking it wastes there money like they are when cracking s2
Of course alot of people cracked the game before buying it. Or so I've heard...from other people...not me...others!
*Cough..cough...wheeze..*
What, you cracked it as well? Are you proud of it? Or do you just need to see a doctor
No no no , nothing like that, I just have an asthma problem.

No..

Nothing like that.

Not at all.

Nope..

Only for school
Pirating is gay.

C.
if ur solary is canadia then it realy is gay .. but think of someone who gets 100€ per month
I dont use crack but I am addicted to coke. Cherry flavour.
This thread is closed

Crackers buying S2.
(27 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG