The online racing simulator
Race 07 MP Demo Relased
(117 posts, started )
Gamershell mirror is maxing my line atm, 600kb/sec
#29 - Jakg
If it's using the same engine as GTR2 (which it is) then it will exhibit exactly what GTR2 did, which in my case was lots and lots of uncommunication
The first RACE demo never worked properly for me and the straight conversion to rF wasn't good, a bit better an attempt than GTR but still pretty crap.

Can that visor view thing be removed? It looks really really silly.
http://www.race-game.org/race07/download/demo.htm

Had between 300-400kbps download from this link if anyone is stuggling to find a deent one.

Palyed the game for 45 mins or so, was ok to drive, but easy to get used to and get some half decent times, then it gets boring.

Was on the N! server with quite a few LFS'ers but the worst thing about it was not knowing how to put on names so I know who i'm racing. Was racing with Pecker on TS and I got held up by some car, called him a mofo in TS and after 30 secs or so I realised it was Pecky.

But I can't complain, it's brilliant fun especcially for a free demo.
Silly Visor - but not in BMW (Do touring car drivers still wear open faced helmets? How stupid is that!), Crap handling - brakes far too easy, car behaves very odd trying to steer on the throttle, weird FFB (tried fiddling), cars too strong, Brands is utterly awful (nothing like reality), sound very weak and flat, graphics fake.

However, I did enjoy wrecking the AI and seeing how many wheels would fall off them.

Waste of time downloading (although I was loading our car at the time), waste of time playing. Not even worth downloading the full thing on Torrent. Rubbish.
Quote from SamH :I'm not being mean or anything.. but no-one who ever wore a crash helmet, saw THIS when they looked out.

I didn't expect to see racing cars. Allied forces storming a beach, perhaps.

I downloaded a bit of this demo, then remembered that I've got RACE and it's shit, and that RACE 2007 won't be any different.
Hmm, would it be possible to edit the tire files?

Hope this doesn't have any spy/adware... Going to test it now...

EDIT: f*****g steam, crashing son of *********************************!
EDIT2: and now it updates the damn thing. On my connection it will take... ehm, 5 minutes...!
don't download ISI stuff.. rely on a handfull of rfactor people who are slowly making the 'difficult' physics engine act realish!
Quote from Hyperactive :Hmm, would it be possible to edit the tire files?

Hope this doesn't have any spy/adware... Going to test it now...

EDIT: f*****g steam, crashing son of *********************************!
EDIT2: and now it updates the damn thing. On my connection it will take... ehm, 5 minutes...!

Blimey. I've never ever EVER had Steam crash on me, and if it updated itself tonight (fresh install, as HL2 was deleted a few months ago) I didn't notice.
Tristan i agree with you about teh game, i thought the initial 'feeling' in the ffb was ok for me. With the FWD's is was great. I noticed a small bug at Anderstorp, the names of the corners are wrong. as Gislaved is 2 corners more up the track than it should be, and startkurvan is inn the wrong place.
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :don't download ISI stuff.. rely on a handfull of rfactor people who are slowly making the 'difficult' physics engine act realish!

Well, it was promised that it wouldn't be ISI, as the lizard engine has been said to cover physics too... It doesn't feel changed any bit, unfortunately... Another engine only for graphics afterall...
#39 - JTbo
Quote from SamH :I'm not being mean or anything.. but no-one who ever wore a crash helmet, saw THIS when they looked out.

Last time I checked, my eyes were front of my head, not at back

You need to install steam to play it? Well, then I just trust others valuable opinions stating that it feels same as old crap from spin of doom development

Isn't it bit pervert thing that you pay from product that has content you don't like, but then you download content free that works like a dream?

Wierd, I tried my helmet on and saw that, but not as much of the bottom as the picture.
#42 - JTbo
Quote from thisnameistaken :Apparently it runs better if you install it on less disk space...

OOoops, someone has made small error there, well just a typo, it does not matter, at least it does not give me impression that whole product is as well done, so tires peak at 1.0 degrees of slip, minor error, nobody notices such, just a typo
Quote from tristancliffe :Blimey. I've never ever EVER had Steam crash on me, and if it updated itself tonight (fresh install, as HL2 was deleted a few months ago) I didn't notice.

Well, the steam installer just vanished during the installation and never came back. I managed to install this on 3rd try as on my first I pressed cancel when my old steam account didn't let me in (prolly too old account) and it cancelled the whole installation :doh:.

Race 07 looks pretty and has decent physics for a arcade game. Imho this is, in fact, quite nice arcade game but it has 0% simulation blood in it. The feel is just so wrong, although I must admit that countersteer works to some degree. I could swear that the main target group for this is the console business.

(I managed to hold back csimpok a whole lap (I spun) :tilt
How fast are you supposed to go with the default set? I think my PB is a high 1:36 (BMW, obviously). I've seen people do, what, 1:33s?

Edit: Brand's Hatch.
Surprising. This thread is NOT full of "it sucks, LFS is perfect" replies. Maybe LFS community is finally learning how to behave and be more polite when expressing opinions...
IT SUCKS! LFS IS PERFECT!

Well, I gave it a go, but other than the fact that I got a shitty FPS from the rear of a 20 car grid, where LFS handles the same situation excellently, It was annoying. I still wonder how a freaking F3000 car understeers like that...
#49 - FL!P
Quote from tristancliffe :Waste of time downloading (although I was loading our car at the time), waste of time playing. Not even worth downloading the full thing on Torrent. Rubbish.

Thank you for saving me the trouble of finding all this out myself.
I dont know,but for me it was perfect,runs excellent,my first online race was awesome,i enyed it very well,i tried the f3000,thats sux for sure,but others was very good.I'll race there sometimes

Race 07 MP Demo Relased
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG