The online racing simulator
g25 tips
(40 posts, started )
g25 tips
i decided to post a list of g25 tips, i have just gone to post one and it timed out so i havent the time to type it all again so ill only add a couple for now but if you have any post them below and ill add them too the list

tips:

1:dont run the g25 at high ffb for extended periods on tracks were you are constantly turning or tracks with long curves

2:make sure the power jack is fully insurted into the base as it may seem in but the power will not pass properly and the g25 will not work correctly

3:clean your g25 with SILICONE FREE leather cleaner as the silicone in most cleaners makes the leather shinny and slippery

4: the metal on the wheel and shifter scratches easily so be careful

5: spend time setting the wheel up fully to get the most out of it

6:mount the pedals vertically if possible (may not suit everyone), as in the pedals rotating on the top not bottom

7:when changing gears, try to be precise and not SLAM it in, doing this can damage your shifter, and damage the ends of the gates.

- Remove the spacer for the throttle pedal pad (makes heel and toeing a bit easier.

- Only use the top bolt for the throttle pedal, so you can adjust the angle (also aids h&t)

- Get dxtweak to adjust the clutch axis (1st third and last third of the pedal travel shouldn't do anything). More realistic this way and helps a lot against misshifting

- On rscnet there is a thread on how to reduce the clicking sound of the h-shifter. unfortunately i forgot my rscnet password, so I cant search for the link (but this method does work).

another tip from me(frenchy). When changing from sequential to h-gate or vice versa, when turning the knob on the shifter, make sure it is FULLY pressed down. Forcing it when the shifter is'nt fully pressed down may cause damage.

or,
When attaching the wheel or shifter to the desk, make sure not to not over-tighten the clamps as you could do damage to the threads. The clamps grip well so dont over do it!

or,
When your wheel is self-calibrating, do not attempt to stop the wheel. You may either hurt yourself (strong motors O.O') or you may cause damage to the wheel.

or,
A driving tip: When using the paddles, try not to "flick" them, it is rare, but it can sometimes cause the other paddle to flick back, thus putting you in the previous gear, costing you time.

I'd say setup a script so that when you go from Sequential to H-Shifter and vice versa it sets the controls up for you - it pwns just turning the dial and hitting "ALT" + "F1"

Also, the little hex thingys around the gate of the shifter are *not* for show as i discovered when i took every screw out, and then discovered i only needed to take the little bolts out *slaps head*

If you have reduced the steering range in the profiler or on control panel and are using FFB stops, never force the wheel to turn past the FFB stops. You can destroy one of the electric motors by doing so.

contributors:james12s,NitroNitrous,Nathan French 14, mikey G,jakg ,gunn

i hope this helps, some things may seem simple but it suprising how simple things can make a differance and when you have spent alot on a g25 it needs looking after
One tip more:

- If you can, put the pedals on vertical

It is 100% better
another tip: when changing gears, try to be precise and not SLAM it in, doing this can damage your shifter, and damage the ends of the gates.
nice ones guys ill add them now
Mounting the pedals vertically? Wouldn't that be weird to operate?

Or did you mean mounting the pedals so they pivot from the top?
Quote from mikey_G :...Or did you mean mounting the pedals so they pivot from the top?

Yes, this is what I try to say, mounting the pedals base vertically (not 90º exactly)
Something like mines
Attached images
Copia de DSC00717.JPG
well, to be honest, vertical is 90 degrees . Top mounted pedals would be a better description I think.

Anyhow, my tips for the thread:

- Remove the spacer for the throttle pedal pad (makes heel and toeing a bit easier.
- Only use the top bolt for the throttle pedal, so you can adjust the angle (also aids h&t)
- Get dxtweak to adjust the clutch axis (1st third and last third of the pedal travel shouldn't do anything). More realistic this way and helps a lot against misshifting
- On rscnet there is a thread on how to reduce the clicking sound of the h-shifter. unfortunately i forgot my rscnet password, so I cant search for the link (but this method does work).
Quote from mikey_G :...Remove the spacer for the throttle pedal pad (makes heel and toeing a bit easier.....

This can be made with my tip

Quote from mikey_G :- Get dxtweak to adjust the clutch axis (1st third and last third of the pedal travel shouldn't do anything). More realistic this way and helps a lot against misshifting

Really nice tip, I´ll try it
Attached images
Copia de DSC00721.JPG
Can someone explain to me how to set up the pedals vertically like shown in the screenshot. Im confused, because wouldnt the pedals be the other way around? Ie, the pedal to the right, would actually be the clutch?

Thanks

Ash
yes ash, they would, but you just remap the axis in LFS, so that it is all the "correct" way.
But wouldnt it the pressure of the pedals feel wrong then? Because the clutch is heavier than the accelerator isnt it?
the othe option is to open it and switch the red units(springs) and as there is no seal it doesnt void your warranty
Im not really comfortable with the idea of opening it, i havent even ordered it yet lol. But i think ill use them as they come.

Ty anyway
yeah they d imitate a race car better standard tbo and thats how i have them
Just be careful for the screws under the carpet claws, the rest is child's work.
yeah they are simple, i had mine appart to clean it
another tip from me. When changing from sequential to h-gate or vice versa, when turning the knob on the shifter, make sure it is FULLY pressed down. Forcing it when the shifter is'nt fully pressed down may cause damage.

or,
When attaching the wheel or shifter to the desk, make sure not to not over-tighten the clamps as you could do damage to the threads. The clamps grip well so dont over do it!

or,
When your wheel is self-calibrating, do not attempt to stop the wheel. You may either hurt yourself (strong motors O.O') or you may cause damage to the wheel.

or,
A driving tip: When using the paddles, try not to "flick" them, it is rare, but it can sometimes cause the other paddle to flick back, thus putting you in the previous gear, costing you time.
Quote from mikey_G :Just be careful for the screws under the carpet claws, the rest is child's work.

Yeah It was the easier part of the mod.

One tip about this:

- Stick with zeal or something similar the wire inside the pedals base for avoid tweaking the wire with the screws or with the pedal´s movement
added it but also put frnchy in brackets to make more sense
Or you could take them apart all the way and do this:

ah eldarado how i love your cockpit
#22 - Jakg
Quote from Nathan_French_14 : A driving tip: When using the paddles, try not to "flick" them, it is rare, but it can sometimes cause the other paddle to flick back, thus putting you in the previous gear, costing you time.

Both of mine has suffered from this, yet another team mate (Dustin) cannot get this to happen irrespective of what he does.

I'd say setup a script so that when you go from Sequential to H-Shifter and vice versa it sets the controls up for you - it pwns just turning the dial and hitting "ALT" + "F1"

Also, the little hex thingys around the gate of the shifter are *not* for show as i discovered when i took every screw out, and then discovered i only needed to take the little bolts out *slaps head*
Quote from Jakg :Both of mine has suffered from this, yet another team mate (Dustin) cannot get this to happen irrespective of what he does.

Well this is my first G25, and when driving the FO8, i only managed to get it to do it twice in a row, and it has never done it since, no matter how hard i try.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Well this is my first G25, and when driving the FO8, i only managed to get it to do it twice in a row, and it has never done it since, no matter how hard i try.

I have not had this happen yet, but i'm sure it will pick an important race to do it in though when it does
Elderado. I love your cockpit. I suppose the wires and leads are behind?

Anyway, thanks all for help!

g25 tips
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG