The online racing simulator
looong time ago (lol) with XFR on Aston National.. OLFSL event.. think it was like 40/45 laps.. anyway, last lap going down to that final chicane..I brake , my left front tyre blew and car slided in gravel. Leader of the race finishes and because I couldn't move I got put into spectator mode for "being idle too long" DNF. ouch.
10 lap race. Thought i had driven 10 laps and gona make a stylish finish by spinnig around and so.

It was lap 9.
Last lap racing on Conedodgers, 2rd place in XRR, last time hitting the chicane, hitting it too hard, rolling the car over, into the small tyres on the left, throwing them all over the place, spinning two other guys (but not in my lap).
I stopped on the roof in the middle of the straight, already seeing the lights...
Was some time ago tho...
The worst way I lost is by thinking you have 4 laps remaining at (6/10) when you get some fuel, that is.
but you have to make the 10th one too...

So... I didn't make it.

Anyways, I saw a guy last week, who thought he was done... He wasn't... so he became 4th instead of 1st... Pretty funny to see though. many people 'lol'd at that time =P.

it was at CD.
I was racing in BL1 with the LX6 in a hour long race. I was in a healthy lead with only few laps to go, but on my pit stop I hit ~81km/h and got a penalty, ended up second :ashamed:
It was just so stupid mistake since I could have easily won if I would have coasted through the pits doing 60km/h.
Oh yea, and forgot the most embarassing one. Hungarian summer cup, 3rd race. SO4R with restricted XFR's. (bit off: try xfr with 30% intake, its pure joy to drive)
Qualified 1st, norbi behind me. First few laps we took over each other, lead changed lap by lap. Everything went well, I just backed up a bit (2-3 secs), cuz I wasnt really faster. Went into pits, had some damage, took me 10 secs. I knew I would beat norbi after pitting, cuz he met the walls a bit more than me. He went into the pits, I was liek 10 secs in front of him, had 7 laps to go.
Easy left, right, then the U turn. Went a bit wide, curbs made my wheel wobble a bit, the wobbling twitched my desk, and the DVI cable slipped out of my monitor Got up like rocket, put it in, i just sat down, and it slipped out again. Finished 2nd 1,5 secs behind. Damn that was hell of a race..
Quote from RevengeR :...curbs made my wheel wobble a bit, the wobbling twitched my desk, and the DVI cable slipped out of my monitor Got up like rocket, put it in, i just sat down, and it slipped out again. Finished 2nd 1,5 secs behind. Damn that was hell of a race..

You must be some kind of a über hardware troubleshooter nerd if you can do that kind of instant-diagnosis during a race.
I was about a corner ahead of someone at Blackwood and decided to spin my car and finish backwards. Spun too soon, backed into the wall BEFORE crossing the S/F, and couldn't get going fast enough to finish first. :banghead:
Quote from spankmeyer :You must be some kind of a über hardware troubleshooter nerd if you can do that kind of instant-diagnosis during a race.

I heard it hit my desk, and I also saw it bending sideways.
Havent had those screws for like years now, still dont have em
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Oh I forgot the classic, I have only done this 3 or 4 times...Celebrating thinking you have won a race, only to find out there was still 1 lap left in the race. We have all done it at least once

That has happened to me too. Shift+f has its downsides
This wasn't a loss from first or anything, but it was still quite embarrassing. I was on CTRA Race 1 the other night on one of the South City tracks. I had entered the race with only a few laps left so I hopped in and just tried to avoid getting in everyone's way. Being a noob on the track, I was unfamiliar with how to race it and had already banged up my XFG quite badly. I was entering the pits lane near 80 mph when AVG antivirus kindly decided at that very moment to download the latest update. LFS minimized and the AVG download window popped up. With a :cry: on my face, I vainly attempted to regain control of the game. By the time I got LFS maximized, my car was stopped sideways on its wheels in the pit lane entrance smashed beyond recognition. I've never seen a car so smashed up in this game. The car was about 2 feet shorter in stature and no longer even had a hatch or a rear window. I attempted to drive the car but no gear worked. I didn't even know the transmission could be broken so badly in this game.

Needless to say, I was a DNF for that race.
I was racing at Aston Club in the FOX on Redline Racings server. I had quite a comfortable lead after starting about 5th. I passed aload of people on the start of the race. On lap 5 out of 8, I was so comfortable, that I let the car slowly go on to the grass at the pit straight, of course my right rear wheel spun and I lost control. Very red faced indeed.
Something funny happened to me today on CLC. On CLC's layout, they have made a little park space where you can drag race along the straight. Anyway, i pulled up in my car (FZ5) and asked someone for a drag. In about a minute, a LX6 pulled up and we both got ready to go. We both placed a wager (650euro) and then someone counted down for us "3,2,1 GO WHEN THIS DISSAPEARS!". when it went, we both launched at the same time. The LX6 got in front a little bit, but he miss-shifted and i slowly started to creep ahead. I got ahead of him, and i was thinking "whoo, 650euro :P" and then as i changed from 5th to 6th, i was a little heavy handed with the shifter, and accidently changed into reverse. The LX6 won, i finished though....backwards.
Serves you right for going on cruise servers
Quote from The General Lee :Serves you right for going on cruise servers

oi! you go on them too. "Moo.Niall connected" "Moo.Niall left the pits (XRT)" "Moo.Niall pitted, Moo.Niall was fined 2000euro." remember that? You pitted about 5 times in a row on the track >.<
Oh yea...that was a one off

The only reason I dont go on there anymore, is becuase I'm scared the bailiffs will kick my ass!
Quote from The General Lee :Oh yea...that was a one off

The only reason I dont go on there anymore, is becuase I'm scared the bailiffs will kick my ass!

haha!
When I was still a demo racer I was going to win my first championship race, about 40 laps at BL GP with the XFG, I don't know why but I pitted one lap before I intended to and forgot that i woudn't have enought fuel to end the race, in the last lap when i hit the second split I ran out of gas and my car stopped in the top of the finnish line hill.

Now in S2 sometimes I'm bored and try to end the race driving in reverse, the problem was that when I changed my setup forgot to tune the reverse ratio and when I did the 180 spin the wheels locked and crashed everyone that was behind me xD
i did the gutsy move of setting 1 song to 4 channels all at <3> while racing on CD1 with the FZR on the last lap in 1st.

never change your radio station at 160+ mphD
Having my dog come running into my room all excited and hitting my feet causing me to crash ---- then being told it was an excuse for losing by some noobs. Happens to me A LOT.

At least the dog didn't eat my pedals.
Back in the demo times, when there was going around alot of drag racing down the BL back straight, me and 3 other guys lined up. As lights went green, we all pushed pedal to the metal and we reached to bridge, where everyone were extremely close, UNTIL one guy SLIGHTLY bumped the guy next him, and the guy who got lightly bumped offcourse started sliding because of the bump, and because drag sets were high and stiff etc, that guy just sideways went off in the air, like air lifted car up and you know what madness that caused: everyone rolled, slided... I wish i had a replay, it was so cool to see during race one guy just lift off into high air just because some bump
Was in first place in the SR Racing servers with FOX AS2 Last lap I was winning and ran out of fuel about 500 feet from the finish line. Although the 2nd place guy had a magnificent lead over the others and gave me a push and took 2nd. That's what I call true sportsmanship One of the nicest guy ever although I forgot his name
So I was going to get my 1st win in the CRTA server so it was the last lap and people started to pre finish chat. I was several e-meters away from the finish line. But smiling too much...

Kevin.was kicked due to spamming
One of the events in the OPS league was XRR on As gp, 27 laps, the longest race in the calendar. Right at the start of the race in T1 I was on the outside, just behind Alles I think. I underestimated the draft effect while braking and caught the sand, spun, and couldn't get out of the sand. And so I finished the race after ~30s. Btw, did I mention that the race was covered on TV

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG