The online racing simulator
Ahhh...embarassing. (what's the worst way you've lost)
Barring getting hit by someone else, whats the worst way you've lost?

I was headed for my first win online in an xfg last night. BL GP Rev. I got first with 2 laps to go, coming out of the chicane and onto the pit-stretch. Next lap was perfect, my best lap of the race. Last lap, ok...perfect all the way to the chicane, and 2nd place bobbled in the first turn, putting probably 250ft between us. All i have to do to win is not screw up, i could drive slow and pick the win up now.

Well, the first 2 splits were my fastest of the race...so i decided to push it. I pushed too much. Clipped the right curb into the chicane too hard...and over I went, sliding into the pit entrance upside down and backwards, watching 2nd place drive to the win... gerrr!!!

Fun though... Love this game...
Blowing a tyre into the first corner of the last lap in a 60 lap GP at Blackwood, I had started from the back with no practice and I was in 3rd after driving 57 laps on the tyres. I eventually limped round to the last right turn before the uphill chicane, then another tyre blew and put me in the gravel...DNF.
Coming in for a 2nd or 3rd place finish (I think 3rd) on a 25 lap AS National in the...oh, I forget which car now. TBOs or STD I expect. Ran out of fuel right before the final corner! Managed to coast round at a decent speed but stopped maybe 100-150 yards from the finish line.

There was about an 8 second gap between me and the guy behind, and obviously I just sat there as everyone passed me. I was both gutted and embarrassed.
Quote from rjm1982 :Well, the first 2 splits were my fastest of the race...so i decided to push it. I pushed too much.

That's how I prefer to screw up races.
I was racing a 20 laps BL race some time ago, then I desided to take a showof when I crossed the finish line as 1 man over the finish...
What I didn`t know was that the server did not like when cars slided too much..

"The Very End crashed"
"The Very End towed to pit"

#6 - Osco
running out of fuel (.3%) on last lap, pitstraight, and rolling in neutral just to get 4th place..
I was on third place on my first S2 official race for a Mexican Championship and in the second split of the last lap on BL1 (XFR)... I ran out of fuel and could not finish
Leading a televised GTR class race for 15 of 19 laps and then getting a disconnect through packet loss
was leading a 10 lap fox race on redline 2, had made pit stop and had a good ( 15 sec +) lead due to other people hitting each other after 3 laps and was extending, the fast guys all being far further back after "one of those " first laps.

trouble is about half way through lap 4 i could smell the pizza and it was beginning to smell a bit smokey. hung on till start of lap 9 but couldn't ignore the smoke coming through door from kitchen.

lost race and pizza
loosing a connection on a ctra race, starting at 12th, and then i was 1st, also had fastest lap of the race....and then guess what, (track was FE Club) on the small downhill chicane thing near the end....i rolled it on the last lap! i was in an XRG....and then i dont believe it.... I WAS ON MY WAY TO SOO MANY POINTS!
Quote from tinvek :was leading a 10 lap fox race on redline 2, had made pit stop and had a good ( 15 sec +) lead due to other people hitting each other after 3 laps and was extending, the fast guys all being far further back after "one of those " first laps.

trouble is about half way through lap 4 i could smell the pizza and it was beginning to smell a bit smokey. hung on till start of lap 9 but couldn't ignore the smoke coming through door from kitchen.

lost race and pizza

Lol, lost both race and pizza
Then I would be more sad than emarresed.
i was racing on the oval a while back with the Big GTR's, i was in the XRR. it was 15 laps or so. i knew that i could make it on those tyres on a fast pace, considering i raced smooth. Anyway, i was in second on last lap following 1st about an inche from his bumper. My tyres were red hot. as we came upto the last curve, we came across a back marker who was going at abit of a slow pace. I already saw him and gently moved to the right and slowly started to creep past 1st. Then, he violently swerved in front of me and braked (!??!) so i swung to the right, which took the car into a slide. I managed to keep control of it and maintained my speed so i passed them both and got into first. Then as i straightened up, the rear right tyre popped which spun me, and put me into the pit wall, which then activated that famous pit wall glitch (the one where you go flying 1000ft in the air xd) i hit the wall, went soaring in the air and landed out of bounds DNF
Losing connection on CTRA B&J, was going to arrive 3rd...
lol

Racing SO classic rev with xrg, comfortably leading after 30min or so. As the race was coming to the end, I hit the outside wall breaking to the chicane and - as frenchy described well - I flew too, but landed on 4 wheels. Managed to pit and was really close to the 1st again, only to make the same mistake 2 laps to the finish line ;(
Oh I forgot the classic, I have only done this 3 or 4 times...Celebrating thinking you have won a race, only to find out there was still 1 lap left in the race. We have all done it at least once
I'm waiting for Jack Green to post...
Low fps, or some random screen freezes. No matter how many players are in the server, nor what graphics is LFS running at. Sound starts to pop, LFS shows its running at 80-120 fps, but its more likely 10-20 in-game. Started doing this like 2 days ago, still couldnt find out why.
And the best is that it only does it in dangerous corners, like SO1 chicane, or at starts. Could finish like 2 races out of 10 on CTRA last night, it really drives my crazy.
Oh I forgot one a did a few days ago on CTRA, I was on for a win or a top 3 and I got a shout from downstrairs saying my new puppy was trying to chew a power socket. Needless to say I quickly tried to slow down and get off the track and run downstairs, one neat 360 off the track did the trick. I got downstairs in time to stop the puppy blowing himself up too.
I can't be the only one who's failed on an epic scale at Aston National back in the days.

You know... leading on the last lap... with good margin to 2nd... you take the last chicane super-extra-hyper-cautiously... loosing your rhythm completely and ending up nose-deep in sand in your XRR.

(Only GTR car that gets stuck in sand btw.)
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Oh I forgot the classic, I have only done this 3 or 4 times...Celebrating thinking you have won a race, only to find out there was still 1 lap left in the race. We have all done it at least once

Ah.. tell me about it
I was racing on BL GP with the FOX, in mid-field. There were 3 fast guys way in front, no one close behind, so I did some nice clean laps and managed to beat my PB.

Then suddenly I was 1st -- the others had been taken out by some stupid noob. And when I realised I was on my way to my first FOX win, I lost my rhythm and spun the car.
Back in the good ole days of the 1.1mhz processor and 128mb Gfx card, LFS would crash every while for some random reason, would be helped with turning alot of programes off like MSN messenger and stuff but never cured.

OLFS race, LX6 at Ky Nat, was second for a while then 3rd, then 2nd again, behind the leader by a few secs but the weird kerb glitch on the 2nd last corner after the last split spun my car around but I kept my 2nd place...Just. Had 2 fast guyys hauling up behind me (Jonesy_ and RudiTard0) so I set all pb splits on my 2nd last lap and coming off the oval...boom. Crap crashed and at the time I was more annoyed about setting some crazy pb splits and a good last couple of corners just so I couldn't find out what I got.

Had quite a few LFS crashes but that one was my biggest cost in terms of losing positions.
Quote from spankmeyer :you take the last chicane super-extra-hyper-cautiously... loosing your rhythm completely and ending up nose-deep in sand in your XRR.

I used to psyche myself out quite often, but it would happen in other games such as RBR, too. If you think too hard you lose focus and suddenly you're...well, in the sand (or in a tree in RBR's case ). These days I race online in shorts spurts so I can stay alert the whole time.
Bodily functions.

Need to get me an astronauts toilet for my PC.
I haven't had great exceptionally exciting loses, but I'll throw out a bad start.

I had been running the MRT-5 for about two days and had them ingrained into my brain. Joined a race using the XR-GT, in the line up, light turns green...

Um... have you driven the MRT-5? I assume it's this way for everyone and not just my controls... you have to down shift to get it started.

Know what happens when you're in a XR-GT in Neutral and down shift and hit the gas? :banghead:

Yes, my most embarrassing moment yet.

Alright, let the laughter and noob talk start.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG