The online racing simulator
InSim help?
(4 posts, started )
InSim help?
Hi all im making a applaction to kinda have fun with and learn on the way . the main thing i wanna ask is.Is it possiable to make things like speedtraps and stuff in a server that im in.with a the insim program running from my own pc...so in a way like outgauge/sim. i do belive i could do it with MCI.info and get the speed according to that.but my dilema is if i start running insims from my LFS will they mess with other servers insim when im in there thanks for help in advance
Yes, you can do speedtraps in InSim. Examining the MCI packet is necessary to do that, but only the MCI packet for the split nodes and starting line node.

If you are running your InSim app locally, no it won't mess up server based InSim apps. The only issue might be button placement.

My suggestion would be either use the LFSLib for .NET or the Java InSim library. .NET is a pretty easy in that you can download a free development studio (VB or C#) from MS and are pretty much ready to start in on things. The author of LFSLib has also posted some simple examples on his blog website to help start you out.

Java its pretty much the same with Eclipse, but Eclipse might not be quite as "user friendly" for newbies.

You could also try playing with luaLFS too. Those are probably the most up-to-date libraries for LFS.

Quote from mcgas001 :Hi all im making a applaction to kinda have fun with and learn on the way . the main th wanna ask is.Is it possiable to make things like speedtraps and stuff in a server that im in.with a the insim program running from my own pc...so in a way like outgauge/sim. i do belive i could do it with MCI.info and get the speed according to that.but my dilema is if i start running insims from my LFS will they mess with other servers insim when im in there thanks for help in advance

yer ive done all the buttons i want so thats no worries it was just i was a bit worried about insim messing with server bassed insims.also i do happen to be using Microsoft Visual C# 2005 express edition with a insim base made by T-Ronx its a good base. he has helped me a lot aswell but anyway....i will have a little play with the MCI's and nodes to see what i can do
Don't worry, you playing around with a client insim app will not affect the servers insim app.

Good luck!

InSim help?
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG