The online racing simulator
Formula cars and Mouse....dedicated server?
Hi, Currently struggling in a FOX using a mouse, Fv8 even worse, on off throttle seems to be the issue.

1 Is there such a thing as a mouse dedicated server or should i just wait till I get a wheel?

2 Is it possible to compete in formula classes with a mouse

Thanks, L.
#2 - word.
1) I don't think so

2) Well some tracks are easier to drive with a mouse than others. I can do quite good on blackwood (1:08.6) but on Aston club I suck! (1:02.0). This is because on blackwood you only have to be on or off the throttle, but on Aston you have to feather it (not possible with mouse)
It is possible
I do alright on most tracks given a bit of time with the mouse, i'm down to 1.00.52 on as club, its just having the rigt setup and practice and you can be competitive anywhere.
Quote from JRFRACE : its just having the right setup and practice and you can be competitive anywhere.

Jeez...over 6500 laps on AS2 in the FOX, that sure is a lot of practice
in the options u can lower "button control rate" the lower it is the slower it will apply the brakes/gas.
i prefer it on 6 tho, do good with it but for FO8 i lower it sometimes so its easily possible to take turns and acclerate.
my first big-ish race was redline fun run with the FO8 on SO long for 50 laps with the mouse. I managed to get down to 2 seconds off the pace of the leaders who were RC10racer and i cant remember the others but anyway the thing is, it may seem hard at first but practice and practice and mouse driving becomes a lot easier than you think also it's about steering control not throttle input, and knowing when to apply the throttle.
yeah, i remember the times i played in the mouse.. got some good results (lot's of time practicing).

There are some very fast mouse drivers (partyboyu for example). SO don't wau for the wheel, juts practice more
Stoked, just took the plunge on a G25 so soon the mouse will be a memory...

Thanks forthe help though fellas...

L.
You can always start with higher gear and use higher gear in corners ,u will lose some time ,but not as much as u do with oversteers
Bluddy hell just looked at my LFS world laps chart 1333 laps in the bf1 round blackwood :O tells you what i do most of the time lol

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG