The online racing simulator
Quote from Rick. :Glad to find out the points work that way. Which means all I have to do is shed my stinky speed and I'm good, easier said than done!

And I really have to get a wheel, analog sticks aren't as much fun (I was an act labs user but alas it's no go on my vista box).

this is probably the largest reason you wont score highly in points, the joypad is just too hard to match a wheels performance. When my arms get tired from the wheel I plug in my joypad and try to play LFS but really, its near impossible to score any decent points. Sure I get a few points or get some lucky races or two but having both controllers, and using both, I can definately say that is 90% the reason why the wheel guys zoom off into the sunset.
Quote from richy :When you guys get your silver and higher licenses I hope to see you on server 2 where the real action is at (and points).

I dont think so. There is much action on server 1.

Im Platinum and I almost exclusively drive on Race1 because I absolutely hate the GTRs and absolutely love the close racing with XFG and XRG.

I wont sacrifice my fun just for a few points.
Quote from zeugnimod :I wont sacrifice my fun just for a few points.

That's 'cause you're already Platinum, you don't need the points

But you're right, there's definitely some good action to be had on Race1 as well, if you like the XFG/XRG
Quote from zeugnimod :I dont think so. There is much action on server 1.

Im Platinum and I almost exclusively drive on Race1 because I absolutely hate the GTRs and absolutely love the close racing with XFG and XRG.

I wont sacrifice my fun just for a few points.

I like to think that we will see all the good guys who can win / complete races and stay clean are let loose in the big cars to try and do the same thing as on server 1. I agree that the GTRs are more spaced out and harder to drive in a race like we get with XFG and XRG but I fear this is more due to not giving it a try.

I think if we all spent a lot of time at server 2, got used to the cars and tracks, then we could really get some close and fun racing going. But saying that i'm not so sure it will ever be possible due to the speeds that these cars go at. The GT2's are much better though, Ive had some really good battles with 3 or 4 cars for laps at a time, bumper to bumper.
Well, I've just come from Race1, XFG/XRG at Blacwood Reversed and it was great fun, and pretty clean all round from what I could see. Had some great close battles as well

Even winning races with a decent laptime gets me no points, I'm there purely for the fun factor.
i must admit last night i was on there and thanks to everyone at ukct i improve alot and started to really enjoy it
Quote from james12s :i must admit last night i was on there and thanks to everyone at ukct i improve alot and started to really enjoy it

UKCT FTW =P
ok UKCT
There could be servers for each car/class. For example: An XFG/XRG server for bronze, another for silver, so on. Maybe this would group drivers with similar skills, even if it wears the races a bit thin.
Quote : There could be servers for each car/class. For example: An XFG/XRG server for bronze, another for silver, so on. Maybe this would group drivers with similar skills, even if it wears the races a bit thin.

I am posting this link in place of the several extremely sarcastic replies I didn't have the courage to post: http://raceauthority.com/servers.asp
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic at all, Becky. What I meant is having more than one server for the same car (in the above example, the XFG and XRG). Or maybe I didn't understand your post.
Quote from mtrein :I wasn't trying to be sarcastic at all, Becky. What I meant is having more than one server for the same car

Whilst in theory it sounds like a fairly reasonable idea, I don't think there's enough drivers to populate the servers like that. You'd end up with 10 man grids all the time, if you were lucky.
Quote from The Moose :Whilst in theory it sounds like a fairly reasonable idea, I don't think there's enough drivers to populate the servers like that. You'd end up with 10 man grids all the time, if you were lucky.

I agree. That's the main problem I raised up on another post. Maybe two servers for the XFG would be okay?

Anyway, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic or anything, just offering a suggestion, really.
Oh I see

*removes foot from mouth*

I thought you meant to setup more race servers with different licence access levels and I was like "wtf - thats what we do".

Unfortunately the userbase is not large enough to populate all the servers we have at the moment.
Quote from Becky Rose :Oh I see

*removes foot from mouth*

I thought you meant to setup more race servers with different licence access levels and I was like "wtf - thats what we do".

Unfortunately the userbase is not large enough to populate all the servers we have at the moment.

Yes, my post wasn't clear enough. Sorry about that
you know, it's too bad this sim is in the category of amazed users discovering it instead of it being well known!

I sure would like to see the product be "boxed" on a retail shelf, it would help the popularity enormously. Plus it would have to be a bit cheaper to get no so serious simmers to try it.

Then if that's done, for sure you need servers for different levels, because with retail boxing you'll get crazy driving.
Quote from Rick. :you know, it's too bad this sim is in the category of amazed users discovering it instead of it being well known!

I sure would like to see the product be "boxed" on a retail shelf, it would help the popularity enormously. Plus it would have to be a bit cheaper to get no so serious simmers to try it.

Then if that's done, for sure you need servers for different levels, because with retail boxing you'll get crazy driving.

Bit OT, but I thought they were thinking maybe of doing this when S3 is finalized.
Well to me the quality of the current s2 is pretty good and would sell well if they didn't overprice it. It sure impresses!
In fairness Rick, S2 is not overpriced, you just live in a country with a war driven over stressed economy thats been shot to pieces. That's not really the fault of a lone programmer in Twickenham.
Quote from Becky Rose :In fairness Rick, S2 is not overpriced, you just live in a country with a war driven over stressed economy thats been shot to pieces. That's not really the fault of a lone programmer in Twickenham.

I don't know about that, but for uk/euro is this a typical game price? In the US it would be a bit pricey for what it is, that's all.
S2 is a little over half the cost of a shop shelf computer game here in the UK.

Say hello to Mr Bush for me.
Quote from Becky Rose :S2 is a little over half the cost of a shop shelf computer game here in the UK.

Say hello to Mr Bush for me.

it came to $52 here which is more than a top release like bioshock etc, but since it's a niche that's why I figured it would have to cost less to sell.

I don't think Mr Bush drives sims. He's not even into reading email.
I'd suggest that's because of your weak dollar at the moment. Usually it's us that get stung with gadgets/computer equipment costing roughly twice the price that you pay in the States. Not nice is it ?
I'm also finding very hard to earn points. I've been at 16% to silver for 4 months and its driving me crazy. if i finish a race in 3rd I might, might just get 1 point. with out setting fastest laps I cant earn points.
Quote from Swiss_Tony :I'd suggest that's because of your weak dollar at the moment. Usually it's us that get stung with gadgets/computer equipment costing roughly twice the price that you pay in the States. Not nice is it ?

I think you guys are missing my point. Products sell at differing levels all the time. If you want to sell a product worldwide you have to be price competitive a the local currency no matter what it is, or you don't compete.

So if s2 could be sold everywhere competitively priced and boxed it would be great to see the number of racers online go up. I'm just a big fan of it and want to see it become more know as it deserves to be.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG