The online racing simulator
#1 - amp88
(Preferably) Urgent help required
I got my first 7K1000 in today but I'm not having any joy with it at the moment. I installed the drive, connected the molex power connector and the SATA cable to the board. I booted the machine with the Hitachi boot disk in it to turn the SATA settings to 1.5GB/s (can't use 3.0GB/s with my board), but I can't get to boot from the disc because my raid controller menu comes up before the boot options for the disc. I've tried quickly getting into the SATA menu before the drive is detected (as this detection just makes my system hang) but I'm not quick enough. I've tried disconnecting the SATA cable now (which is why I'm online atm) and booting with the disc, but you can't modify the options for the drive if it's not connected. Anyone got any suggestions or experience with this drive and could possibly help me out, please? I've had a hell of a day and I was looking forward to this drive, but it's gone a bit pear shaped.

Specs:
Athlon 2700+
ASUS A7N8X-D
1024MB Corsair 3200
Radeon 9600 Pro
NEC 3550A DVD-RW
Lite-On LTR-522465 CD-RW
Windows XP Pro
#2 - amp88
Should I try hot plugging in the drive (i.e. connecting it while the system is running)?

edit: Apparently you can't hot plug it using the molex power connector. Please can someone help me out here...?
#3 - Davo
You can have the power plugged in, just hotplug the sata connector. It might just cause the system to crash though. Actually nforce4 boards should be ok. Give it a go. Apart from that I have no idea.
#4 - amp88
Ok, I bit the bullet and hotplugged it. Formatting now, so it appears to be working. Really poor 'solution' to the problem though (it's 4% formatted after 10 minutes).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG