The online racing simulator
Temperatures
(14 posts, started )
Temperatures-NEW PROBLEM :(
What are some programs that tell me temperatures of my computer, CPU, HD and all. I have SpeedFan but that doesn't tell me the temperatures of my GFX. I tried ATiTool but I don't get GFX temperatures either. I can find it in the Catalyst Control Center but it's annoying having to have 2 programs open just to find a few temperatures. Are there any other programs?
PC Probe
I have an AMD board and stuff and I use PC Probe when I want to see my temps... it shows everything except the GPU temp. It even shows all the voltages.
Depends on your PC specs. Some GPUs don't support temperature monitoring. Everest: Home Edition works wonders. You can download a trial version (just google it) It will give you any information about anything to do with your computer.
~Bryan~
Ok, I tried Everest and saw nothing on my GPU temps again. I guess I'll have to use the ATi CCC to monitor the temps and Speedfan to monitor the rest.
What video card do you have?
Like I said, some GPU's don't support it. What GPU do you have?
~Bryan~
ATi Radeon X1950XT, it's a GeCube model.

Edit, new problem...my screen now is starting to blink. I get random black screens when I play LFS and TDU, and in TDU, I believe the GFX just crashes. Temperature or just a bad card in this case?
Quote from MINIz guy :ATi Radeon X1950XT, it's a GeCube model.

Edit, new problem...my screen now is starting to blink. I get random black screens when I play LFS and TDU, and in TDU, I believe the GFX just crashes. Temperature or just a bad card in this case?

I get exactly the same problems with mine. CSS crashes when i'm playing it for about 20 minutes.

I think it might be overheating - but we can't tell!
Well as soon as it crashes, pop off your case cover and feel around the card, is it hot? Is your heatsink and fan working properly. Worst case senario pop a 80 or 120mm fan under the card to help cool it untill you can get a hold of ATi to get them to replace your card (if it is damaged and overheating)
~Bryan~
Well...the card won't even show an image now...time to RMA it back to Newegg. Makes me want to get a nVidia card now...
^Why not? They have some nice ones out now. the 7950 GT is good, 8600 GTS is a decent DX10 card, but the 8800GTS is better idea if you have the cash. There is also the 7900GS that is decent once it's overclocked.
~Bryan~
Quote from dropin_biking :Well as soon as it crashes, pop off your case cover and feel around the card, is it hot? Is your heatsink and fan working properly. Worst case senario pop a 80 or 120mm fan under the card to help cool it untill you can get a hold of ATi to get them to replace your card (if it is damaged and overheating)
~Bryan~

I want to get hold of ATi (literally) and shake them to unconciousness.

I'm going Nvidia after this.
#13 - J.B.
Quote from dropin_biking :Well as soon as it crashes, pop off your case cover and feel around the card, is it hot?

LOL of course it'll be hot. Modern GPU's run at around 100°C. You need a sensor readout. ATI tray tools can put it in your system tray.
Quote from mcintyrej :I want to get hold of ATi (literally) and shake them to unconciousness.

I'm going Nvidia after this.

How is that X1950 Pro treating you? I was looking into that or a 7900 GS for my new computer, does it handle games nicely?
~Bryan~

Temperatures
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG