The online racing simulator
after reinstalling LFS horrible lags.... [solved]
Hy LFS-Users ;-)

I used my LFS for a long time... Patched it when the new patch was anaunced....
Problem was, that i can't make any changes within the F11/F12 Menus within Multiplayergame. So no Breakbalance, pitchange, etc.

First i saved my settings-folder and deleted the LFS S2-Dir. Then I downloaded the actual game from a given Server (ocrana i think) and unzipped it and copied my settings back.

ACTUAL PROBLEM:

But now the game has the horrible lags.... When I drive my car 'Hops' some meters further (maybe Lag recognize by the server) sometimes my fps drop under 10 fps (normally 70-85fps) and its undriveable cause driveinputs (steering, breaking, etc) are not given to the application.

It is only when I drive on multiplayergames - hotlapping or singlemode is optimal.

and on some servers i get long lage like on the image i attached.

Whats my problem? Please help :-)

And by the way: Virusscanner is working, no filesharing is activated!

Hardware: MSI-K8N neo2 + AMD X2 3800+ (speedstep off, no overclocking), nVidia 6800LE (no overclocking), DSL by my Fritzbox from AVM. I havn't changed anything on these devices - no new drivers, no new bios, everything is as it was 2 days ago :-(

SO: Whats my Problem?????

Thx
Andy

PS: Sorry for my english - german is easier for me ;-)
Attached images
lag.jpg
At first try to shut down from the TaskManager in WinXP (press CTRL+ALT+DEL or rightclick on taskbar and select Task Manager). Leave there only necessary processes. You might got a virus which messes your system this way. also try to do favourite test, unzip LFS to a new folder(DON'T copy there your new settings) and try to play(you don't have to unlock in, DEMO will be enough).

By ping try to pingout some server. START->RUN-> cmd, in command stroke type ping www.lfsforum.net (for example). Do this test on some servers and don't do it just once. There is a possibility on connection problem that isn't on your side.

(sorry if you already did this)
Well - Today everything is ok - without doing something....

So it seems that it was a lag on the Inet - maybe my provider .....

So the Problem solved by itselve - hope that i will not be back tomorrow

So thanks - will test your suggestions when the problem hits me randomly...

Andy
The problem was back yesterday evening. Was on the Server from the Krautracing-Team an Tomkey and Björn tried to help me.... no way - we checked nearly everything.

We could not find the problem.

One of the last hints from KR|Tomkey was to look for something in the DirectX-Diagnoseprogram (german.... opening by typing 'dxdiag.exe' on the comandline). I looked at it a while and found nothing.

But before reinstalling WinXP I forced myself to check everything again. And found the solution!

Setting the 'Standardanschlussbeschleunigung to Deaktiviert (Disabled) helped.

So maybe so. has the same Problem - check that setting!

Added a Screenshot to show you the DirectX-Tab where I found it.

PS: Soundcard: Creative Audigy 2 Platinum
Attached images
DirectX.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG