The online racing simulator
Analog Gauges v 1.0
(211 posts, started )
Quote from riskredruM :Ok...two last question.
You both are using the last version? Downloaded from LFS-Database or masterblasters website. Cause that problem was in an earlier Version too.
Are you running Vista or XP?

Well im using the version posted in the first post of this thread, i dl's it about a month ago i think.

Yeah XP user. My system might be the cause of the lagging maybe... it is a core2duo though, i need a graphics card. Should be getting one today.
Quote from Stone in Focus :Well im using the version posted in the first post of this thread, i dl's it about a month ago i think.
Yeah XP user. My system might be the cause of the lagging maybe... it is a core2duo though, i need a graphics card. Should be getting one today.

In the new version, I have here, the performance is much better
New in this version:

- Position like this (3/18)
- Lap like this (9/40)
- Splittimes (best Split)
- Laptime (best Lap)
- live Gap seems to need to much recources
- digital fuel and possible laps
Quote from riskredruM :In the new version, I have here, the performance is much better
New in this version:

- Position like this (3/18)
- Lap like this (9/40)
- Splittimes (best Split)
- Laptime (best Lap)
- live Gap seems to need to much recources
- digital fuel and possible laps

so the new version is up on the first page?
Quote from Stone in Focus :so the new version is up on the first page?

No sorry for the misunderstanding.. the new Version is only here on my computer.

When it´s posted it´s the old Version for me
Quote from riskredruM :No sorry for the misunderstanding.. the new Version is only here on my computer.

When it´s posted it´s the old Version for me

Where the heck do we find the color chart code you used @ this gauges ? because i know only Hexadecimal codes... and you used some 8 digit ones that i can't find anywhere...
Quote from Dudles :Where the heck do we find the color chart code you used @ this gauges ? because i know only Hexadecimal codes... and you used some 8 digit ones that i can't find anywhere...

what do you mean like h3g7g3g3? cause that just html colour code.
Quote from Stone in Focus :what do you mean like h3g7g3g3? cause that just html colour code.

i searched Google with ["ffffffff" "color chart"] and didn't found it... since you're saying i'm gonna look again... thanks.

EDIT : HTML color chart has only 6 digits... tried to use it but it didn't work at AnaGauges...

if you know this chart, you could tell me what are the green and red color codes that a mate used in his screenshot posted up in the thread.

Now I Got it... the codes in internet are
Red, Green, Blue, Alpha... but @ AnaGauges the order is different... is ARGB... so my colours were never right... now i managed to do it well... i guess... at least my speedo is green and my gear is red hehehe

Just to show... an attached screenie... not ready yet... have to work on thwe speedo accuracy...
Attached images
imagem.jpg
they look really good. im going to have to look at making my own i think
Quote from Dudles :Where the heck do we find the color chart code you used @ this gauges ? because i know only Hexadecimal codes... and you used some 8 digit ones that i can't find anywhere...

I see you found it. It´s the normal way colors are set in Direct 3d.

Nice work. I hope we can download it when finished.
Quote from Dudles :
Just to show... an attached screenie... not ready yet... have to work on thwe speedo accuracy...

speedo accuracy?

Your 0km/h an 120km/h points are exactly at 0/180°... i think thats enough use this 2 points
Quote from Dudles :

What font type did you use? Is it SF Digital Readout ?

(that is what I use for my F430 gauges)
Quote from screama :speedo accuracy?

Your 0km/h an 120km/h points are exactly at 0/180°... i think thats enough use this 2 points

Not quite... the distance between the 0 and the 10, isn't the same as the distance between the 10 and 20, 20 and 30, and so on... understand me ? dunno how do I fix it without messing with graphics to make the distance be the same...

P.S.: Can you teach me how to measure angles with Photoshop ? somebody here said that it's possible but i can't find how... because if i change the graphics, it will no more be at 0º and 180º

Quote from liveforspeedskins.tk :What font type did you use? Is it SF Digital Readout ?

(that is what I use for my F430 gauges)

No... that's a font a member here done ( don't remember his nickname ). He done S2000 Digits too... but @ S2000 he did only numbers and it's really small... so it didn't worked because it should have "N" and "R" too... i'd like to know how do we do these fonts... and i'll do one myself of S2000...

sorry for my bad english...
solved the Speedo Accuracy... gonna make some minor graphic changes for each car and release it... but i'll say in advance that it's gonna be 180KPH max analog speed no matter the car... except for BF1 that i'm using screema's gauges.
Edit: Ok, i just managed it to work... now... why isn't anything transparent around the gauges and the needles? I use Photoshop. When i save the picture as tga, around the objects appears white. and also in game.
Quote from MonStarr :Edit: Ok, i just managed it to work... now... why isn't anything transparent around the gauges and the needles? I use Photoshop. When i save the picture as tga, around the objects appears white. and also in game.

If you use Photoshop then you surely know the Alpha Channel. There you have to set which parts are transparent.
i use it but i haven't worked with tga files much it's all good now, thanks.
I absolutely love the work that's being done here! It's very in-depth, once you start digging into it, makes me appreciate the efforts that much more.

For those of you FXO fans that like the Honda NSX-R gauge face design ... well, here you are! It's pretty rough and basic, but you've got a speedo in kmh, the tacho [with working shift light!], turbo pressure gauge, and a fuel gauge [with working fuel level warning light!].

I'll be designing a Spoon-style setup soon, with the same gauge marking footprint, so expect that one to be properly labeled. The carbon-fibre type material of the NSX-R gauges made it hard to change things without screwing up the background.

For reference, this is the Spoon Sports cluster design [for EK-chassis Honda Civics]:

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/9321/spooncluster3hu.gif

Enjoy!

-Dave-O
Attached images
gauge1.jpg
gauge2.jpg
Attached files
GaugesFXO.rar - 214.2 KB - 643 views
Nice looking !

Will there be a thread just for hand made gauge / replicas ?

Or is there somebody who could collect all new gauges in a pack?

You could use my Ferrari F430 ( for FZ ) gauge and the Ricer nfs style gauge I'm working on.
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is possible yet, i am also not sure if the developer (great job) is taking feature requests.

But if you are.. would it be possible to put in the below please;

1. Indicator Signals for Dials (Left / Right) the classic arrows (not sure if this is possible)
2. Hazzard Light Signals (The Classic Red Triangle)

Thank you for listening.. please let me know if these are possible and if so any good.
Quote from Sinister747 :

1. Indicator Signals for Dials (Left / Right) the classic arrows (not sure if this is possible)
2. Hazzard Light Signals (The Classic Red Triangle)

Sure that´s possible. Will note it.
At the moment i am writung a configurator for the gauges for easy edit the gauges.ini.
Attached images
AnalogGaugesConf.jpg
wow, that looks NICE! can't wait to be released, keep it up!
Quote from riskredruM :Sure that´s possible. Will note it.
At the moment i am writung a configurator for the gauges for easy edit the gauges.ini.

That looks fantastic! also thanks for taking suggestions onboard
Ok, i need someone to test it.

Here the download. Just unpack where you want and start the AnaGauges Config.exe.
Some functions you can choose ( as split & laptimes ) are not implemented in AnaGauges 1.0. But soon ......

First you will be asked to set LFS folder.
With the save button you can ?.......? save it.
Attached images
configurator.jpg
Attached files
AnaGaugesConfig.zip - 101.9 KB - 840 views
absolutely awesome work, will download when i get home

Analog Gauges v 1.0
(211 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG