The online racing simulator
#1 - LOUiX
my First 1st, did I deserve it?
I am a bit of a noob still and am finishing mostly mid pack when racing on ctra_1 server, with full grids i am usually in the top ten. the trouble is the grids are usually full when I play and even if I am playing well there are always 4 or 5 racers doing laps 2 secs quicker than me .

not that I'm conplaining you understand, nice to hve full grids, just be nice to get a first win under my belt. well I say first win, I did have one but nothing to shout about. It was a 4 person race on ctra_1, we had all just raced and I was third fastest. off the line at the start one guy false started and then the chap who was well faster than me flipped on a curb at the end of lap 1.

anyway, back to the point. came home of a night shift this morning and logged on to ctra_1. the server was quiet and I thought "good time to rack up a win!" did a couple of races on FE green with poor results. Then the track changed to SO town rev. I had a really good race and a really good battle for first. nice clean driving as well!

that is until the end of the last lap . had a bit of a coming together with another driver regretfully.

So if you have time on your hands, check out the replay and tell me: did I just take down my first well deserved win?
or maybe not
Attached files
1st again.mpr - 731.9 KB - 155 views
Good racing, you understeered into him. Racing incident. Your win still stands (imo).
#3 - SamH
That was a really good battle between you both. Credit must also go to takaryo, who I noticed waited for you on lap 1 when he accidentally tail-ended you. It's a shame he finished up on his roof, but I agree with Tristan that it was a racing incident. I dare say if he'd finished up on 4 wheels, you would have waited for him, and then battled with him down to the line.

The problem wasn't either of you, but the behaviour of the barrier. That's life in the big SO City. Otherwise I'm sure it would have been a battle down to the line, and whoever had won would have deserved it.
#4 - LOUiX
Thanks guys, thats enough reassurance for me .

That was the best battle i have had so far over multiple laps. Really good racing. I think I might have a few more morning sessions .
Quote from tristancliffe :Good racing, you understeered into him. Racing incident. Your win still stands (imo).

:iagree::checkered
The replay in whit track is it?
________
EXTREME VAPORIZER
Quote from Inouva :The replay in whit track is it?

South City Town reversed. But if you have no S2 licence, you can't watch the replay.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :omg your avatar rules

Yea, it's great...

...See attachment.

OnTopic...Yea, you deserved it and well done to you sir!

Edit...After a text from Nathan, I have just realised he was talking about Inouva, not wsinda who has no avatar...
Attached images
Sure.jpg
It's difficult to say. You should've held your line but the effect of the error here was exaggerated and unrealistic due to the incomplete collision system. Call me a downer but I'd have to say that you don't "deserve" this win. It's clear that you messed up and accidentally hit takaryo into the wall. Your fault, though you didn't do it on purpose.

That, however, is not saying that you wouldn't have held on for the win had you not bumped him. My guess is that if the race was a few laps longer then you wouldn't have held on for very long.

Doesn't really matter but I just thought I'd give my thoughts.
great race! looks like he wasn't very happy with the result
I don't think you can be blamed for it, it should have been a "normal" contact if it wasn't for the collision system. Anyway, you could be more careful, and he could have waited (is this right?) a little longer, there's no space for two cars in that turn.

Quote from LOUiX :That was the best battle i have had so far over multiple laps. Really good racing. I think I might have a few more morning sessions .

not that I don't like full grid races, but I generally find better races in these "morning sessions"... some breathtaking replays here
Good battle I think. Battles like that will be amazing once the collions with walls is sorted out in LFS. I always love a battle between XFG & XRG

You raced well understanding the differences between XRG and XFG i.e. positioning your car to hinder him going inside you on turns, so much so he was trying to overtake you on the outside of alot of turns.

XRG has better acceleration and straight line speed while XFG has better braking and cornering speed while they both can achieve similar lap times, so it always makes an interesting match up.
Thanks again for your views. I really wish that guy had not flipped. I think I will consider this to be my first "deserved" win. Niether of us were good enough that we never made mistakes offering chances of a pass to the other. I think at our level you could quite rightly call it a "racing incident".

That said I did understeer into him, had i not done that he would not have flipped.
In my defence I think if you watch the replay from his in car view he hit the wall just before I hit him, his car popped up a little and then I hit him. I think that is why the result of a small contact was so dramatic!

At the end of the day it was a really fun race. We both drove with good respect for each other. As has been mentioned he waited on the first lap after spinning me. I backed off and let him through on the 4th lap (I think it was the 4th) after passing under yellow. It was nice to race with someone who you knew would give you some space when the racing was close.

Hope I see him again some time, and if you read this thread takaryo, thanks for the race!
Louix where in Cheshire are you from mate?
Quote from BlueFlame :Louix where in Cheshire are you from mate?

What does a man from Kazakhstan want to know about my specific location in cheshire for ?
Quote from LOUiX :What does a man from Kazakhstan want to know about my specific location in cheshire for ?

Because some people dont always tell the truth on the internet

somthing about Borat?

SD.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG