The online racing simulator
24H of Aston - Qs
Heya,

is the date actual? 14th of january?

I ask, cause we should start making some "PR" for it, so we get a packed server etc. Also it would help, organize everything inside the teams etc.

cheers,

Joe
If its up to me, that date is final. Its not a brilliant date for me, but earlier/later is even worse, and we dont want to postpone it to februari

But as you can see I have an avatar doing some PR work
Now that.. looks like something i wanna do (i assume driver swaps?)
No, no driver swaps this time.
oooh... thats gonna be mental...... i am SO up for that!!!!!

(if i dont get kicked out the room.....) what car will it be?do you know?
lol frank illepall

But agree with vykos.. we really need to know all detais.. to start working for the event...

Max drivers are 6 right frank? even with 6 drivers it will be damm hard
Yes, 6 drivers is the maximum. But I dont think you would want to drive with more then 6... that would be an organisatoric (spelling?) nightmare. And 4 hours devided over 2 days isnt that bad... You just need some nutters who want to drive at night I think I know who's going to be that nutter in my team ... :throwrose
Quote from Frankmd :organisatoric (spelling?)

Organisational

Please don't ask me to spell it in your language.
hehe true...

But we have some nutters that is not a problem illepall
Quote from Frankmd :

But as you can see I have an avatar doing some PR work

maybe you should have a note on the page that teams can still apply for the 24h race - and telling them where
Aston? The original event was planned to take place at Kyoto, which is a far better track than those odd Aston ones (well, mabybe except cadet rev, but thats too short)
The 24h race was always planned for the aston gp track. I think an equal amount of people will like aston more then kyoto for that matter, so we wont swap tracks We already did the 12h at kyoto
Quote from ORION :Aston? The original event was planned to take place at Kyoto, which is a far better track than those odd Aston ones (well, mabybe except cadet rev, but thats too short)

maybe you confuse it with the grc 24h race?
Quote from Frankmd :Yes, 6 drivers is the maximum. But I dont think you would want to drive with more then 6... that would be an organisatoric (spelling?) nightmare. And 4 hours devided over 2 days isnt that bad... You just need some nutters who want to drive at night I think I know who's going to be that nutter in my team ... :throwrose

hehe I did the 24H race in WOSEC (using GTP mod for NR2003) and drove from 12 to 2am and 4 to 6am in the night. Only to wake up and see my teammates had to retire the car...

Anyway, 6 drivers is easily doable. We even had teams planning to do it with 2! None of them finished that way, but that wasn't due to fatigue. 4 drivers would be the ideal amount in my opinion.

I'm probably not going to drive this one, as it costs a full weekend and I'd like to keep it at one 24H a year. But to anyone who hasn't experienced this before, I can fully recommend this. My first 24H, at which we finished 3rd, still stands as my best sim racing experience ever.

Good luck to everyone involved!
Quote from inCogNito :maybe you confuse it with the grc 24h race?

I read somewhere that the GRC guys had no time for their event, and they looked for some ppl to organize this, so I though those were the same. If they'r not, well who cares anyway :P
Just gimme a car and lemme race
We did that WOSEC 24h at LeMans as well. We did the full time and just got our T-shirt and diploma for it. You can only guess how proud our team are for thi!!!
I agree fully with you Crutch ... really something special. We were 5 but could have managed with less without probs. I drove a 4h stint since the one who was going to release me got a calibration problem so I did an extra 2h ... ... was a blast. We are crazy enough to drive at nights, a special nightowl asked to drive the whole night!! ... )

So ... what car is the best to use?
The most used car is the XRR, so I guess it is the best endu car. But you can also try the FZR, who is generally fast and I think easier (no turbo lag)? Then you also got the FXR, which is very good for getting out of sand traps I think you should just get a car that suits the most teammembers best and go with that.
Well if you have any new teams (unknown groups) join the 24h race, I suggest you do some tryouts or something. Because unexpected accidents like we had from the previous Aston race was downright painful.

Get a full grid for this race and it'd be quite a sight to see them all finish. I hope for the best.
hmmm, I'm interested in this. I will think of it.

Franky? What do you think?
Deffinatly Alt... I am in for sure.. I would seriously do it alone (done almost 27 hours on Counter Strike straight before... but maby i was just mental :P) I think that Dadge might be up for some of this too.. i would say try and get 4 of us in on this Alt... good fun
The no driver changes was a joke.

Qualifying will be done in two sessions in the week before the race and we've got a live ticker which also functions for disconnect detection and so on.
I'd like to participate. I'm going to argue some team members into that right today...
well, we had a 12 hour race with 2 players on each car...
3 should be enough for 24 hours...
As it is IRL...
Some guys are discussing possibilities, but the event itself has been properly planned for quite a while now, just look at the URL in Frank's or my avatar.
-
we would join as team (Mafiosi) DELETED by Mafiosi : no sig
join the MoE ???
Hi all Racers!!!

i would say hello to all
in the past i was driving moe in blackwood and
aston historic as guest driver for ocrana 2 team with the FXR.

i would ask ... is it able to join your Masters of Endurance with my own team Team Speed Fighter ? (to the next 24h Event aston)

when YES no prob,
i will do a lot of PR to catch 6 guys limit for the 24 h Event,
all our drivers not only racin LFS also GTL, GTR so i try to catch some guest drivers from other good teams.

in fact i must know .... is it able to join or not, so i start to organise theese special event. i think its better to start early for that

it would be an honor for me to join here

Happy Slides
Karsten 'Mafiosi' Deschler

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG