The online racing simulator
Scott Speed in NASCAR?
(9 posts, started )
Scott Speed in NASCAR?
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/39665/

Quote from article :Red Bull’s motorsports guru Helmut Marko says that the company would be happy to help Scott Speed kick start a NASCAR career.

As the man who looks after the company’s young drivers, Marko is eager to give Speed a helping hand, after he was dropped following a falling-out with Scuderia Toro Rosso bosses Gerhard Berger and Franz Tost. The former STR driver had some initial discussions with U.S.-based teams last week.

“We are still trying to co-operate with him, but in a different area,” Marko told SPEEDtv.com. “NASCAR is a very special form of racing, and even a guy like Montoya, with all his F1 experience and his Champ Car racing on ovals, can’t just jump in and be competitive.

“So, they will look maybe at some Busch races and if that is going well, put him up to the Nextel Cup.”

Marko said he hoped also to be able to help the other deposed STR driver, Tonio Liuzzi.

“Tonio, we don’t know what his perspectives are, and if we can help somewhere, or in another category, we will have a look at it,” the Austrian added.

At the moment, the Italian is still looking at F1 options that won’t involve any input from Red Bull.

Dude, seriously what the hell is with all the F1 people going into NASCAR.

This is so ironic. If Speed accpets this I'll laugh so hard I might die.

We need Fittipaldi back

BTW any idea who they're going to sack? Or are they going to field a third car? #83 Vickers isn't going too bad, he just need consistency, and I really hope they keep Allmendinger. But Allmendinger needs to perform
Quote from thisnameistaken :Failed F1 drivers have got to go somewhere.

Normally they'd go to another road course series such as Brazilian Stock car, Le Mans, GT, Touring Car, w/e

but NASCAR? I never knew that people were interested in oval racing at all

Maybe they just think it's easier

Quote from thisnameistaken :In what way?

Speed has many altercations with Scuderia Torro Rosso (a Red Bull). In fact those two can be considered enemies and STR sacked both Speed and Liuzzi, and now they want to help them?

NASCAR's Red Bull team might be friendlier though. IDK the exact situation between the two
Busy calendar, high profile in one country at least. Both Montoya and Villeneuve had raced in american series' before F1, and all three of them are from the americas, so why would it be strange that they would want to live and work in the USA?

If Liuzzi moved to NASCAR, that would be a surprise. This isn't.

Quote from lizardfolk :Speed has many altercations with Scuderia Torro Rosso (a Red Bull). In fact those two can be considered enemies and STR sacked both Speed and Liuzzi, and now they want to help them?

Those drivers have been sponsored by Red Bull (brand) in junior categories and so they were placed into a Red Bull F1 team. They didn't get on with the management of that team, but that's no reason for the parent company to drop them. Red Bull / Mateschitz clearly think they're worth having on their roster for marketing reasons, even if they're not particularly special drivers.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Busy calendar, high profile in one country at least. Both Montoya and Villeneuve had raced in american series' before F1, and all three of them are from the americas, so why would it be strange that they would want to live and work in the USA?

If Liuzzi moved to NASCAR, that would be a surprise. This isn't.

Ya ok, I'll agree with you there. But who knows, if he cant make his way in anything else, he might join Montoya and Villeneuve
It's not really ironic at all... Red Bull brought him into F1 (remember the red bull US F1 drivers search a couple years ago?). If he stays with them its a sign of appreciation and thanks to them.

NASCAR is alluring to these drivers for its racing. Door-to-door racing you don't find elsewhere.

As for JV, he's got nothing better to do, as I don't think his music career is going anywhere fast...

Jokes aside, he's succeeded at every level he's raced at, and I imagine he wants to see if he can bring that success to NASCAR.
Quote from srdsprinter :It's not really ironic at all... Red Bull brought him into F1 (remember the red bull US F1 drivers search a couple years ago?). If he stays with them its a sign of appreciation and thanks to them.

Very good point. But right now we still dont know if he's interested in NASCAR at this point. (Seeing Speed and Liuzzi would be neat )

Quote from srdsprinter :NASCAR is alluring to these drivers for its racing. Door-to-door racing you don't find elsewhere.

Dont forget the 30 car pack all within 2 seconds of each other

Like I said before, NASCAR is about the competition you get from other cars. Not how hard the track is

Quote from srdsprinter : As for JV, he's got nothing better to do, as I don't think his music career is going anywhere fast...

Jokes aside, he's succeeded at every level he's raced at, and I imagine he wants to see if he can bring that success to NASCAR.

This is true too. I remember him saying he wants to try at the Daytona 500 and probably the Brickyard 400. If he wins that he'll achieve something that no other driver's achieved before.
Quote from srdsprinter :As for JV, he's got nothing better to do, as I don't think his music career is going anywhere fast...

He lucked into a very dominant car at Williams, so he should've only had to beat teammate Frentzen. As it turned out, Ferrari took the championship down to the final race, but pundits (and people within the Williams team) thought that season should've been a walkover.

I liked Villeneuve in F1 - I thought he was entertaining - but I don't rate him as a driver.
A lot of his career has had very "lucky" aspects, coming back from 2 laps down to win the Indy 500, the Williams seat. Right place, right time.

Scott Speed in NASCAR?
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG