The online racing simulator
option for deleting all 'obsolete' replays
I just browsed through my replays and noticed that a lot of them were declared 'obsolete' by LFS.

not very comfy to identify and delete a lot of them within LFS I had to experience...

please, please make an option to physically delete 'obsolete' replays all at once !!!
I can create a program in python to do that. I could just read the headers, and then sort the obsolete replays into different folders, so that you could still keep them. I don't want to though.
do you want me to bribe you?

edit: hopefully it will be a function within lfs sometime...
#4 - Ian.H
Hi rediske..

Maybe LFS Replay Mgr could help? You can group / filter by replay version, select multiple replays and delete the lot in 1 go. Granted, not automagic, but close

Regards,

Ian
#5 - Lible
Deleting would be a bit rough, I'd suggest 2 new buttons at the replay menu: Show obsolete replays YES/NO and Delete all obsolete replays, which after clicking would ask Are you sure?
Quote from Lible :Show obsolete replays YES/NO and Delete all obsolete replays, which after clicking would ask Are you sure?

And then after you click yes, it should say: "Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE you want to delete all obsolete replays? This is your LAST WARNING!"

Quote from wheel4hummer :And then after you click yes, it should say: "Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE...

Surely you mean "OBSOLUTELY"
Quote from Ian.H :Hi rediske..

Maybe LFS Replay Mgr could help? You can group / filter by replay version, select multiple replays and delete the lot in 1 go. Granted, not automagic, but close

Regards,

Ian

nice tool! did the job for me!

but I still hope for something being integrated into LFS some day...
Yeah, I like Ian's replay manager tool, however, and "auto" delete obsolete replays would be nice, maybe something that can be intergrated into LFS replay manager?
Glad it's a useful tool, and yup, would be nice to be integrated at some point into LFS if possible, as an option of course as I know some have multiple installs within the same dir and may wish to watch old replays with an old exe (the reason I added the multiple exe part to the prefs).

I've got a few things to work on for an update (exporting MPR results in other formats than HTML and a bug reported for incorrect laptimes in some circumstances).. so I'll look into adding a feature for auto delete too.. probably something in the prefs where you can define a "minimum version", anything older will be removed, or possibly a menu / toolbar option that'll prompt you with a list of all versions you currently have for replays and let you pick from the list which version to keep, any older will be removed. Either way, it can be done and I'll try and get something sorted.. but any preferences by people on which way they think they'd personally prefer to have it handled.. I'm open to suggestions

Regards,

Ian

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG