The online racing simulator
Steering Channels
(5 posts, started )
#1 - Kurb
Steering Channels
Right, I was thinking about this after being in a 10 lap race. I had lap times a few seconds slower than the top 3. When I asked what they used to steer their cars, they all said Gaming Wheel. So what I thought was if there were a server or two which you could only enter if you had a certain kind of equipment.

Meaning if you used a mouse, you could get into the mouse server/host but you couldn't if you were using wheel or keyboard. Makes it fair on us who use different methods.

I'm not sure how it would work, but just a suggestion.
I know there are very fast people who use kb, mouse and gamepad and IIRC the WR for XRT round BL1 was a kb user (I may be wrong though).
For me personally, owning a g25, I would like this so there would be someway to make people use manual clutch, h shifter not throttle help. The stcc started it but the server was never that popular so it seems it had been dropped.
#3 - Gunn
I'd love to see the mother of all mouser battles. This would make it possible. :mouse: :mouse: :mouse: :mouse: :mouse: :mouse:
When I first got my G25, I knew there were a few people struggling to get used to the manual clutch and shifter, so I ran a server for a couple of days called something like "G25 Manual Clutch and Shifter" hoping that anyone with the same setup would come in and race in a relaxed, no-pressure atmosphere where missed gear changes etc didn`t result in getting kicked for a T1 pileup.

It didn`t really work, as most people that joined were using mice. I`d have liked a way to filter it at the time so that only certain controls were accepted.

I wouldn`t think at the moment though that it`s a priority for the devs to implement into the game but I`m pretty sure that servers could filter out a certain type of controller using some sort of 3rd party insim or custom application.
I remember that server

I was there for a while with my g25

Steering Channels
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG