The online racing simulator
Mafia 2 is Official + screens
(171 posts, started )
Hi guys

I don't know about you, but I remember Mafia 1 as one of the best games in feel and story. And today, Mafia 2 was officially announced on the Games convention in Leipzig. The devs are still the same, the publisher is still the same, so no f*cked up game with a name that sells, but a true sequel to the Mafia game.

I never tought that there was going to be a Mafia 2

Screens and official site :
http://www.2kgames.com/mafia2/
Holy cow! I loved Mafia "1" and now Mafia 2 bad that I have a crap pc... Enjoy It for me.

The screenshots looks very good.
Mafia 1 was one the greatest games ever.

(Please let there be no console versions of Mafia 2. They're the kiss of death for games. Yes, I'm looking at you two Bioshit and Fallout 3...)
Quote from spankmeyer :Mafia 1 was one the greatest games ever.

(Please let there be no console versions of Mafia 2. They're the kiss of death for games. Yes, I'm looking at you two Bioshit and Fallout 3...)

There are console versions, but I have my full confidence in Illusion Softworks tough.
#5 - ajp71
Hmm I suppose I should catch up with the times never got round to trying Mafia. Is the Xbox version worth trying or is it best on PC?
Quote from ajp71 :Hmm I suppose I should catch up with the times never got round to trying Mafia. Is the Xbox version worth trying or is it best on PC?

I played the PC version and it was absolutely beautiful, no idea on xbox.
Mafia 1 was and is one of the greatest games ever.

The screenies look awesome. Too bad that there is no way my computer can handle it. Also it looks like the sequel is set in the 50´s now. The cars look more modern.
omgomgomgomgmafia2omgomg
Great news. I only hope it lives up to the original which is one of my all time faves.
The original was great, the theme and being a cool old style crook awesome, and the cars and driving wasn't that bad either. Looking forward for this one!
Quote from spankmeyer :(Please let there be no console versions of Mafia 2. They're the kiss of death for games. Yes, I'm looking at you two Bioshit and Fallout 3...)

and here's a news I heard - MAFIA 2 will proudly be released for PC, XBOX2, and PS3!
and not chopped down ported to consoles like Mafia...
it is made with consoles in mind
(payed Resident Evil 4 on PC? play it, we need to build up that weak nerve system of yours )
#13 - DeKo
brilliant, i played mafia 1 on a mates pc and it was brilliant, never got round to buying it for myself.
I've bought the original PC game off ebay for £3.50 inc. P+P and have downloaded the demo which I'm playing atm, in the first cut scene one of the guys is spikey to say the least (as in all the polygon points have got scrambled up) and then when I get to the garage I have a great big triangle above my head (caused by a shaddow glitch I think), bizarely Alt + Tabing out and back in again corrects these graphic glitches anybody else had these?
There's a demo?
wow what a great news,thats a lovely game
I played the first one and enjoyed it to a point.

Graphics and game-play were nothing to shout about, but I was playing it on the PS2
OMG

I think I just peed my pants

I've been waiting for this day for so loooong.

Now I have a need to play through Mafia once more (now with a DFP, should be fun )
Mafia 2!

Suh-WEET!

Great screens. It definitely looks like the early 1950s, or at least the very late '40s by the look of the cars and clothes. Better upgrade my rig *sigh* bye-bye money ...
Quote from ajp71 :I've bought the original PC game off ebay for £3.50 inc. P+P and have downloaded the demo which I'm playing atm, in the first cut scene one of the guys is spikey to say the least (as in all the polygon points have got scrambled up) and then when I get to the garage I have a great big triangle above my head (caused by a shaddow glitch I think), bizarely Alt + Tabing out and back in again corrects these graphic glitches anybody else had these?

Yeah I had the same, Paulie looked like he came from a horror game
I had different glitches...
all the sounds outside the bar (and outside the cutscenes)
were playing in Fast Forward mode...god those sirens were awfuly squeaky
Quote from spankmeyer :Mafia 1 was one the greatest games ever.

Unfortunately the days of PC exclusive games are all but over. Thanks to piracy, the comparatively low PC user base compared to consoles, and the cost of producing games these days all big titles are going multi-platform.
Mafia 1 was the best game I've ever played with. And as I see, it will be a No.1 game again Can't wait releasing it
The original Mafia was amazing. Of course at launch I couldn't run the damn thing because on my PC it got like 4FPS A few months later I tried it again and was amazed. The storyline was great, the voice acting was very convincing and the characters looked realistic (well, their heads anyway - bodies were a bit polygonal).

I have high hopes for this one, but with GTA4 coming out it's going to have a lot to live up to. We've come a long way, so hopefully there'll be a lot to do. And is a multiplayer too much to hope for? Cause that'd be cool.

(171 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG