The online racing simulator
G25 shifter problem...help :(
(12 posts, started )
#1 - Thill
Sorry if this a repost but could not find it anywhere :/

Problem description: I was in middle of a race and all of a sudden my shifter started changing betwen 3rd and 4th gear only , and it dosent matter what position I put it into (even in reverse its still 4th gear). I tried to check if maybe sequential mode activated somehow but nope , tried reinstalling the logitech profiler but that didnt help either. I did not hear any crack or any wierd sounds that would suggest that something mechanical broke all of a sudden and it happened from a second to second without any indication of any problem before that. When I try to reset the buttons on the h-pad in LFS it shows me that its always button 10 and 11 , dosent matter what position i put the shifter in

The wheel is fairly new (well bought some time ago but wasnt used that much as I was on vacation) so I assume it should live a bit more than a few months before it brakes down

For any help I will be very very thankfull . If You need any more info just ask and I'll try to answer as best as I can

PS: LFS is not the only game that happened , just checked Richard Burns rally and its the same so I assume its a general problem
Hi Thill... I had the same effect when the knob to switch between seq. and H-pattern wasnt completly switched to h-pattern... make shure the knob is turned completly to the right... Hope that helps...
#3 - Thill
knob is competly turned to the right , even tried to switch between seq and h-pad a few times thinking maybe that will help but nope :/
look under the wheel if the connection is loose.It happened to me and I checked under the wheel and it was loose.Hope this helps.
#5 - Thill
disconnected the shifter and reconnected it but still the same
Any other ideas ? is there any way to check if the other buttons work at all (if they phisically react ) . To me it looks as if all buttons for some reason were assigned as buton 10 (upper side) and button 11(lower side) , or somehow the seq mode is still active even thou the shifter knob is loose and in h-pad mode. But thats just my assumption:/
Hello,
Thill, i have had the exactly same problem, but i unfixed it.
The first u have to do is that u must set the control knob to the left site (there is now a new green light, so 2 now).
Then u go into the options in the game and go to the controls and u must set the buttons manuel.
I attached a picture, i hope u can work with it
By me are the buttons 8 and 9.
Attached images
picture.JPG
#7 - Thill
@ DJ Timmy - erm I think You missunderstood my problem . I DO NOT have any problems with the sequentiual shifter , that works just fine , the problem is when i change it to h-pad (6 gear + reverse) , it wont let me change into any other gear then gear 3 (any position of the shifter on the upper side) and gear 4 (any position of the shifter on the lower side ) .

So basicly: gear 1 , 3 , 5 is all gear 3.
gear 2 , 4 , 6 and reverse is all gear 4.
Oh, yea, then i missunderstood^^
So for ur problem now i see no resolution...
I just can say call the helpcenter of logitech and/or give it back to get a new one.
#9 - Resu
Hi. I also have a problem like that. at the begging the gears started to jump to neutral when i changed them. Now the shifter just assumes that the 1st 3rd and 6th are all the 1st gear, the reverse is the 2nd gear, and 2nd 4th and 6th are all the 6th gear lol. I already called logitech they said it was no problem, bcause there are a lot of people complaining about that, so they gave me like a code to send with the wheel. So they will trade the will with no problems lol. I have not done that already bcause of 3 major reasons:
1st -> the store where i bought it, pixmania, they are all a bunch of jerks, and they are making the things a lot more difficult then they should be lol.
2nd -> With the new patch i don't won't to let go the g25 ^^, so i'm wainting 4 the college exams to begin :P
3rd -> I think that if i w8 a little bit probably logitech will fix this problem, as they did with the pedals of the MOMO racing stering wheel lol, i'm not sure that will happen,but.... worth to try i guess lol

Hope this helps somehow
my G25's shifter is pretty broke.
Yes it is.
When i put in reverse, it goes in 6, and sometimes it jumps from 2 to 4. Should i open the shifter? The warranty is over...
I have the exact same problem! I was playing LFS, and suddenly the shifter started to fail!
1st, 3rd and 5th position makes it shift to 3rd gear.
2nd, 4th, 6th and reverse position makes it shift to 4th gear.
But if i activate the sequential mode, it works fine.. if I push the stick away from me, it's 1st gear, if I pull it to me, it's 2nd gear. But as I said, in H-pattern, only 3rd and 4th gear works.. :s

I have also restarted the computer, re-plugged the USB cable and the shifter cable, but nothing works.. the problem is there in other games/windows too..

Topic starter, have you fixed the problem now? Or what did you do about it?
#12 - JEP
Sorry about the bump, but i have the same problem with the shifter.

What can i do?

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG