The online racing simulator
Flags on shift + F
(23 posts, started )
#1 - ajp71
Flags on shift + F
I don't like racing with clutter all over my screen, unfortunatley the penalty of racing with everything cleared is that it will not show flags, could we have ideally a small yellow/blue flag in one of the corners of the screen, and importantly, that does not pop up right in your face.
#2 - herki
not exactly what i would like to have: usually screenshots are made in shift+f mode - so the flags wouldn't look to good there.
just wait for the s2 final, where hopefully the funny orange men around the track will wave the real flags for you
#3 - Lible
I am 90% sure, that this wont happen with S2, but, i am 99% sure that this wil happen with S3.
#4 - herki
why should that not happen in s2 - you just have to make a small flag waving animation. the code for blue and yellow flag is already in as you can see by the messages. so i hope it's in the s2 final
I wonder how n00b-lamers can see the animated (blue) flag when they can't even see the text now...
#6 - ajp71
Blue and yellow flags, as well as chat should be optional in shift + F mode, but I think there are more people like me who really don't want to see overlays like they are forced to atm, I'd far rather have no information additional to the car dash + a pit board. Look at GPL, there isn't a single overlay and most people aren't complaining.
Personally I'd like to see the "blue flag" message not reduced to an animated little trackside flag, but the text doubled in size, flashing, alternating with the text "LET HIGHER POSITIONED CARS PAST", making a dinging sound on every flash and with a Crazy Frog song playing in the background.

Then people might pay more attention to it.
Quote from STROBE :Personally I'd like to see the "blue flag" message not reduced to an animated little trackside flag, but the text doubled in size, flashing, alternating with the text "LET HIGHER POSITIONED CARS PAST", making a dinging sound on every flash and with a Crazy Frog song playing in the background.

Then people might pay more attention to it.

Great idea!
I've asked for this too in the past, the ideal and real solution would be to have the marshals to weave the flags. But if this is not possible, an option to show/hide the falg text in the SHIFT+F mode.

And a pitboard would be great too
IMO the only thing that should show and not be able to be turned off is the flags. I can do fine without positions and chat messages, but the flags should always be there, Shift+F or not.
Quote from X-Ter :IMO the only thing that should show and not be able to be turned off is the flags. I can do fine without positions and chat messages, but the flags should always be there, Shift+F or not.

I agree

I'd also like to see an end to these server enforced messages in the middle of the screen they pop up in front of you when your racing to tell you 'Drive cleanly' or 'Track sitters will be banned' and I have caused several crashes as a result of these bloody annoying messages. Likewise flags should not be in the middle of your line of sight, people who don't obey flags are not going to be changed by how blindingly obvious they are but those that do are more likely to have an off as a result of them poping up in the middle of their view.
Quote from X-Ter :IMO the only thing that should show and not be able to be turned off is the flags. I can do fine without positions and chat messages, but the flags should always be there, Shift+F or not.

That would be a proble to those people who make great racing videos. Why not put it as an option?
Quote from Eldanor :That would be a proble to those people who make great racing videos. Why not put it as an option?

Who ever makes videos from a live multiplayer race? It could be optional in replays.
Quote from ajp71 :Who ever makes videos from a live multiplayer race? It could be optional in replays.

Ok, good solution, not to display them if you are in replay mode

But I wonder how much effort is needed for the marshals to weave the flags... I hope we get this in the Final version
Quote from Eldanor :Ok, good solution, not to display them if you are in replay mode

But I wonder how much effort is needed for the marshals to weave the flags... I hope we get this in the Final version

Well, what if these is an incident where somebody has to watch the replay to see if a person got a flag or not, and to see if the accident really was their fault?
Good point then make it a global option as I said before

But I think we should forget about this because I'm sure the marshalls will do it sooner o later (I hope sooner)
#17 - DR3W
Ya it kinda gets in the whay cus im alwas looking ahead and it get right there. It would be better got sa beeping sound or even a sound that said( BLUE FLAP ) or it pop up in the little text chat on top left corner but a few font sizes biger!
Quote from xapexcivicx :Well, what if these is an incident where somebody has to watch the replay to see if a person got a flag or not, and to see if the accident really was their fault?

Basically it won't like IRL it is a drivers responsibility to be aware of potential dangers when he is driving.

and please we do not need a beep sound, thank god they can be deleted atm.
Please add flags to shift-f-view.
already implented in patch V...
Quote from Eldanor :That would be a proble to those people who make great racing videos. Why not put it as an option?

Delete the strings from the language file?
Thanks! I forgot about that.
Quote from Lible :I am 90% sure, that this wont happen with S2, but, i am 99% sure that this wil happen with S3.

Thankfully you were wrong

Flags on shift + F
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG