The online racing simulator
Driving Force Pro PROBLEM!
(17 posts, started )
Hi all, I have problem with wheel.
The left green light is on, but the right one is not, and wheel is locked to 180 degrees. I have reinstalled logitech wingman drivers,reconnected,restarted but nothing helps. It started like this: I was doing restart and since my wheel is under the desk when i am not playing, somehow one wire got wrapped around the wheel, making it stuck and not able to do it's "spins" or smth like that, so since that my wheel is doing this. How can i get it back normal?
Its a 3 button combination you need to press on the wheel.

Its something like L3 Start and right paddle.
Umm, i tried pressing those buttons , like L3+start+right paddle , also i tried pressing all down same time , I held those buttons down too, but nothing happened
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Umm, i tried pressing those buttons , like L3+start+right paddle , also i tried pressing all down same time , I held those buttons down too, but nothing happened

Ah, fixed it now. Try this:

Select R3 and Right gear paddle
Umm ok I got it, but it sets it to 900 degrees and when i want to put it 360 degrees, it is still 900 degrees. Also when i restarted i had to do Select R3 right gear paddle again...
Well i guess no LFS for me then
I occasionally have problems when i leave the usb cable in the PC when the wheel's not powered on and it still registers in control panel.

Switch off your PC and unplug the wheel, usb/power cable etc, then boot up without the wheel attached. Check control panel to make sure it's not being registered, then power down PC. Plug the wheel back in and boot up again, see if that works.
This is pissing me off already, heres what I did:
Shut down PC>unplugged all wires>powered on PC and uninstalled logitech wingman drivers>shut down pc again>plugged in all the wires>installed logitech wingman drivers> rebooted> still same crap> tried to ran the Logitech Clear Calibration Utility which said that no calibrations were found. Even though when i installed wingman drivers, when the calibration stage came, it popped that window up, where in small window you could test wheel steering,braking and accelerating, they worked fine, but wheel was still 180 degrees and thats it. What am I missing??

Oh and BTW, i remember you guys, that this BS started then, when during PC startup it everytime rotates itself (normal thing), but it got stuck and it could not do it's rotation.
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :This is pissing me off already, heres what I did:
Shut down PC>unplugged all wires>powered on PC and uninstalled logitech wingman drivers>shut down pc again>plugged in all the wires>installed logitech wingman drivers> rebooted> still same crap> tried to ran the Logitech Clear Calibration Utility which said that no calibrations were found. Even though when i installed wingman drivers, when the calibration stage came, it popped that window up, where in small window you could test wheel steering,braking and accelerating, they worked fine, but wheel was still 180 degrees and thats it. What am I missing??

Oh and BTW, i remember you guys, that this BS started then, when during PC startup it everytime rotates itself (normal thing), but it got stuck and it could not do it's rotation.

Sounds like you've got a faulty one.

Ring up Logitech, they've got great customer service.
But hey, how come it worked for a year fine, and it does this stuff because it didnt got to make it's rotation during PC startup, i mean, there must be some way to fix it, because they can't get faulty like that because of some rotation thingy..
Post didn't help. Sorry.
I had the same issue. What I did was to
  1. unplug everything
  2. uninstall the wingman drivers
  3. reboot the PC
  4. reinstall the wingman drivers
  5. plug the power in to the DFP
  6. plug the USB to the PC
  7. reboot PC
after this the lights worked fine again. I have had to do this twice now.
NO Success.
Ok here what i did, i tried different methods, i list them here.

1. Unplugged everything
2. Uninstalled wingman drivers
3. rebooted PC
4. installed wingman drivers (the setup which you can get at wingmanteam.com ver. 4.60
5. When it came to point where it said to plug in your usb, there i plugged in usb and other wires
6.It started detection and didn't detect anything, until i plugged out the usb and put it back again, then it detected wheel
7. Now the calibration window came, where you can test your steering and pedals, which all worked (wheel had still one light glowing and it worked 180 degrees)
8. It said that controller ready to use
9. i rebooted and still one left green light and 180 degrees, or 900 if i Select+R3+right paddle. changing in control panel>game controllers to any rotation ex. 360, didn't work.

Now the other way, quite similar but this didn't work either:
1. unplugged everything
2. uninstall wingman drivers
3. reboot PC
4. install wingman drivers
5. Now that point where it asked me to plug in the USB, i just rebooted with no cables plugged
6. when i got back to desktop, one time same screen came up again, and other time i tried this same method (yes i tried this 2nd method two times) I got back to desktop and a little popup window at tray told me that drivers are installed and ready to use, which again, same problem

I don't like this at all, am I doing something wrong?
Quote from mcintyrej :Sounds like you've got a faulty one.

Ring up Logitech, they've got great customer service.

Just do it? You'll lose nothing by trying. They'll probably send you a new one if your lucky.
are you going into global device settings or into specific game settings?
Wooohoooo i got it work again! All i had to do, is just to download Logitech gaming software VERSION 5.00 FROM LOGITECH SITE, for Windows Vista! YAY!

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG