The online racing simulator
i told you!!!! still more in there
sooo... 20 people now entered in the GP..... surely we can do better than that lads!!!!.

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'!!!
Well use your mighty powers Sir Doodle-a-lot
As far as GVR Team is concerned,most of the guys are on holidays.

I strongly believe that at least 4-6 people would like to participate if they were not on holidays.

Summertime here in Greece means beach,sun and relax time before the hard winter comes!

so not much time in racing LFS is spent.

Good luck everyone for the upcoming event!
That will do me fine around South City
Quote from sosna : Ps:i signed up yesterday with [GVRTD] Tzive but i dont see our names in the list.Is this ok?I mean are we in?

details reminder and tonights password have now been sent.
Any chance of a resend, ive so far received nothing..
thats because your not worthy stoney :P....

resent.
I know franky Thank you for the information resend, I got it eventually. Thank you also for taking the time to host these GP's they never ever go right for me, but it doesnt (normally) stop me finishing.

This time, I dont know. Lots of blocking and shoving. Its just not why I entered.

Regardless, unlucky on the drive through dadge, tho you will win it in the end, you deserve it.
well stoney.. u were right.. was a brillant race the last 10 laps (my net shit itself on lap 51 ) if u get the replay stoney its worth watching... ATC Dadge.... 1st... ATC Gag 2nd.... Who cares for the rest
Quote from franky500 :...ATC Dadge.... 1st... ATC Gag 2nd.... Who cares for the rest

DBP 4th...DBP 6th... I care!
The Race

franky500 remember the third lap
:smash3d:
you were spot on stoney. i did win the race but it was far from easy. the DT actually helped me a bit (clear track). so i was able to set consistant times. i was unable to catch gag or spyshagg, for 30 odd laps they maintained a 11-14 second lead to me. then i pitted and my strategy came into its own. only my right read was changed and i had minimal damage. i passed gag when he pitted (4 seconds ahead of him) and then i had to get the head down and focus on catching spy who tbh did a good job of keeping a half lap lead. during the race ,gag was able to tell me when spy hit walls and barriers so i knew that as long as i didn't hit anything i should catch him. he pulled out of the pits only 2 seconds ahead of me (with cold tyres i think) and seemed to bounce off everything for 1 or 2 laps. this let me catch him up. going into the last corner (hp right) i slipped him a dummy and passed him on the inside and had to defend T1. a few laps of defensive driving and i was able to help gag catch up and eventually make a pass on a what seemed as a burnt out spyshagg. the last few laps were everything a race should be. my tyres (front left) could of blown out at any time from lap 50-60. all in all a great race. i'll rub a bit of my luck on you at the lan m8 (AAAIIIIGGGGGHHHHTTTT!!!)

this one was for Penny
interesting race

not according to my plans because i was planning in racing one set of tires the entire race, quick pit stop at the end, and that was it.
But
i don't know who was behind me the first 5 laps... but there are rules to racing... i mean:
In order to win any corner the opposition has to have at least half a car at my side before the trajectory to the corners begin.

If i am completely in front and i chose a racing line- no one at my sides and at least half a second in front of the other - that racing line is mine. Space must be given to the front guy.
Breaking the proper racing line and go straight to the apex its not called "outbraking". Outbraking must only be used to win the right to the corner (be side by side) before the racing lines are chosen.
But that means nothing if the leader already started his trajectory.

anyway, it was a good race but I wasted my tires by powersteering two times in the first 4 laps because someone braked like crazy to cross my trajectories.
They never cooled down and they ran hot for 15 laps. They made 44 laps instead of 60 and because i suck with cold new tires and hot new tires (they never have time to cool down if new), dadge and gAg caught me pretty easily the last 10 laps.
congrats guys
Its a concept called cooperation, a concept you seem to not have any understanding of. If you hadn't have spent so much energy on making sure you could block EVERYTHING your tyres wouldnt have got so.. hot.

Its actually quicker, and wastes less time to cooperate with others rather than trying to always keep the position.

yes the lead car chooses the line, but that choice cannot be made in a split second and expect the driver behind to react no matter what.

There was a lot of contact between us, and as that was coming from behind, its technically my fault. However you did nothing to cooperate with me. I should have realised from last time, ill remember for the future..

Too right it was for Penny. Good win Dadge.
look, didn't know it was you... i race with tyre temp view.
Quote :Its a concept called cooperation, a concept you seem to not have any understanding of. If you hadn't have spent so much energy on making sure you could block EVERYTHING your tyres wouldnt have got so.. hot.

wrong assessment of events there.

when i was racing the stcc league, lots of guys were penalized because of stunts like those you did to me. I find it nice and challenging the guy behind wants the lead so bad. I didn't get mad and i probably lost the race in those stunts, but apparenty you are because i sticked to the rules that protect the leader.

That what you saw wasn't me blocking.
I only blocked one person the entire race. Dadge and only one time and gAg by accident.
Blocking means i put my self in front of you before reaching the corner.
I never did that. I never abandoned my hotlap racing line because no one won my position before any corner, except dadge and gAg.
Its not cooperation but its called racing.

its all fun until its not, right? bye

edit: we didn't race together for like a year i'm sure the next time we can have fun if not to much time passes until the next race, or we will forget our racing styles and something goes wrong in the race again! really. I go by the book because i havent raced you guys in a year or more. Now i know something about you guys and next time we can have fun by "cooperating". cheers
Quote :could of blown out at any time from lap 50-60.

dadge you raced with one set? ahah crazy bastard, i thought i was the only one with that strategy lol

so it seems it was the winning strategy after all
yeah, my tyre change strategy was spot on for me and i seemed to be able to keep my tyres in good order the whole race.
about you blocking me, i knew you might i was planning you would or my little dummy would never of worked
Bah I was running R4's to make them last the full race too. I did some practice earlier today and was hitting low 1:23's lap after lap on R4's so it seemed a good tactic.

Everything was going pretty well until my PC had a wobbler on lap 26 or something and I had to do a cold reset. Pisser
#71 - need
First of all, thanks for hosting the race Franky
Thought I'd do a quick race report from my point of view
Qualifying went well, gAg took pole with a 1:22:13, and I managed 11th of the 14 qualifiers with a 1:23:27, which is quite a bit better than my usual habbit of being near 2-3 seconds off the pace.
We had a coupld of late arrivals, so Freestyle and Widowmaker joined on to the end of the grid to make it 16 starters.
I didn't have the best of starts, ran a little wide into T1 and The End took the gap and I was down into 12th. The first hairpin at the bottom of the hill saw a bump near the front though, and I wa lucky enough to find a gap and pick up a couple of places to see me up to 10th.
Into lap 2 the hairpin again saw some action ahead of me, and once again I found a gap and I was up to 8th. The End managed to get a run on me later though and I was back down to 9th.
T1 on lap 3 saw B-RAD get the inside line and I was back down to 10th again, once again though the hairpin saw me pick up a place.
Lap 4 saw me reverse the move on B-RAD into T1 and I was up to 8th. Franky made a mistake coming out of the hairpin and I was up to 7th.
Things were beginning to settle down now, with everyone seeming to find their feet, I settled in behind The End and on Lap 8 he slid wide coming down to the hairpin, hit the wall, and I was able to accelerate past on the exit, I was now up to 6th.
Nothing much happened for the next few laps, until Dadge passed me on Lap 11, on Lap 13 Dadge and Sosna had a coming together which allowed me to catch up and pass Sosna which moved me up to 5th.
Once again it was some more solitary laps for now, Dadge was pulling away in front and I was pretty much maintaining the gap to 6th.
My Pit-stop was planned for Lap 30, on Lap 26 I had a 13 1/2 sec lead to B-RAD behind me, by Lap 29 that was down to 10 1/2.
I came in to the pit at the end of Lap 30 for a 26 sec stop. B-RAD pitted at the end of Lap 34 for 17 secs, the gap between us at the end of sector 1 was 0:64 secs with B-RAD in the lead, but I passed him coming out of the hairpin to move back into 4th.
B-RAD doesn't settle for this though and he's right behind me, with the gap fluctuating between .5 and 1 sec untill he gets a run and passes me into T1 on lap 43.
After that he starts to pull away slightly and by the end of Lap 46 the gap is 1.8 secs. He makes a slight mistake on Lap 47 though and it's back down to less than 1 sec.
This see's my best section of the race as I put together 7 laps in a row under 1:24, with my best lap of the race on Lap 50.
B-RAD keeps it all together and I can never quite get close enough to make an attempt at a pass.
On Lap 57 I make a mistake and damage the front right suspension slightly, just enough to make turning left akward, so it was time to ease up a little and take it to the finish line.
All in all, a great race, although maybe I need to rethink my pit stops, those extra 9 secs were pretty expensive
Quote from spyshagg :look, didn't know it was you... i race with tyre temp view.

and that makes it all ok? I race with the same view as you, I can see the race position list, which tells me who is where. EVEN so, why does it make a difference who it is?

Quote from spyshagg : wrong assessment of events there.

when i was racing the stcc league, lots of guys were penalized because of stunts like those you did to me. I find it nice and challenging the guy behind wants the lead so bad. I didn't get mad and i probably lost the race in those stunts, but apparenty you are because i sticked to the rules that protect the leader.

The rules are not there to protect anyone. The rules are there to ensure clean racing, the ability to be able to trust and to race wheel to wheel with another and to not have to worry about them turning in. We didnt even get that far.

Quote from spyshagg :That what you saw wasn't me blocking.

Blocking means i put my self in front of you before reaching the corner.

I never did that. I never abandoned my hotlap racing line because no one won my position before any corner, except dadge and gAg.

Oh right. Firstly you contradict yourself here.. Hotlap and Racing line.. two entirely different things, and if you are thinking that you can win a race and keep tyres safe by driving hotlap lines for 60 laps, then I will come and shake your hand, its simply not the way its done.

Quote from spyshagg :Its not cooperation but its called racing.

Racing without cooperation is effectively wrecking imho.

Quote from spyshagg : its all fun until its not, right? bye

Its a funny comment that, and I always wish to reply when I see it in other threads, its an excuse thats used too much. Lets break it down.

Its all fun until its not... FOR WHO? Am I just not good enough to run at the top end of things? Am I so much of a threat that the lead has to be protected so badly? Do I just not deserve the resepect to race with as another clean driver? Do I have STCC written on my head?

I didnt think so either.

In summary.. doesnt matter.

Quote from spyshagg : edit: we didn't race together for like a year i'm sure the next time we can have fun if not to much time passes until the next race, or we will forget our racing styles and something goes wrong in the race again! really. I go by the book because i havent raced you guys in a year or more. Now i know something about you guys and next time we can have fun by "cooperating". cheers

Nice genric comment to end on, but let me ask the question, why does it matter who you are racing? Does that mean that you wouldnt race by the book with others? Are we special? Are we not worthy? Which is it?

Its a shame, but my feelings pre-race, remembering some of the last time, and im sure I could find threads if I really looked hard enough, seemed to be proved right.

Every time I spend some time practicing, I always end up having better races and more of a fun time in practice. Everyone (exceptions) seems to go into uber competitive mode when the green light comes on.

And so I bid you fair well Spyshagg, enjoy your fun racing.

[And yes Franky, I am Feel free to remove].
From my point of view the whole race was a disaster.Untill lap11 i hold it together but after lap12 some incidents distact my attention and i was way of my pace.My big excuse is the fact that i change my race setup only an hour before start and i wasnt so comfortable with it.A big sorry to Dagde for missing the apex in the hard left after T1!Also B-Rad sorry mate,not intentional,just tons of oversteer!!!

Even though it was fun and full of expierience the whole gig.It was difficult enough to squaeze 16 cars in this combo,but overall i think a clean race.

And Franky thanks for hosting!
i just finished watching the mpr. that was a close finish gag was 0.51 behind me
Was a good race, the last 2 GP's have been a lot of fun and I've really enjoyed them .

Got pole with a nice PB of 1:22.13 and when we started Widdow tries to make you jump start by shouting GO before the green light, Dadge fell for it (dumbass) so he go away really well......lol.....I stayed in 2nd until Dadge pitted at the end of the lap.

Spyshagg got really close going into T1 and along side going down to T2 which just put me under a little too much pressure right at the start a I messed up my braking for T2 and couldn't make the turn, I had to reverse to get going again, DOH! That dropped me down to 8th, but with some mistakes from others I was back into 4th or 5th within a few laps, which was nice.

I was able to keep my tires cool throughout the race by taking it relatively easy through the right turns (nearly all of the turns) and really push hard in the few left hand turns, this meant I was able to run fast by getting a really good last sector.

I caught Skinny and got a nice slip stream going down to T1 and managed to sneak past, but I had to defend at T2 because he got good drive out of T1 and was along side.

I was gaining on Stoney and Spyshagg and managed to get Stoney when he had a moment just before the second split and by now I was under 2 seconds behind Spyshagg and continued to gain until the gap was around 1.2 seconds until I hit the barrier on the exit of the second left just after the second split. This cost me a lot because it meant I wasn't able to push and as hard in the left handers like I had been and Spyshagg started to pull away.

I pitted early, around 31 I think to repair the damage as it was costing me. I changed all my tires so I lost a bit of time and when everyone had pitted I was about 6 - 8 seconds off the leaders, this was around lap 44 or 45 and when Spyshagg and Dadge started fighting for the lead I managed to catch them up pretty quick by lap 50 or 51, Spyshagg hit the barrier just before the second split and I got through, saw him bounce off a few more times and the damage must have slow him and we pulled away.

The last 5 laps I got right behind Dadge and then on lap 59 I got really, really close still couldn't get an overlap but did get the fastest lap of the race, a good slip stream and then a dive on the last lap at T1, couldn't hold it tight enough and he got back along side and by T2 he'd sneaked back in front, I took a really wide entry for T2 looking to get a fast exit and smoke him but he put his car in a great position and blocked me on the apex. I was still right behind but pushed a little too hard at the end of the lap and just lost a 10th or 2 and wasn't close enough for a slip stream.

Was a great race Thanks to eveyone.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG