The online racing simulator
Fastest lap
(24 posts, started )
#1 - sam93
Fastest lap
What are fastest laps classed as in ctra are they fastest laps for each lap in a race or beating the lap record because this morning i got 3 fastest laps in a race but dont show up on my license and was wondering what fastest laps on the ctra license is classed as.
I would say they are track records....
Quote from nikimere :I would say they are track records....

Nope. They must be fastest lap of the race.

I have 125 fastest laps but only 5 lap records.
#4 - ajp71
I have one of each, although the lap record was a bit of a joke because I can't believe that combo has been run again, I wasn't the fastest car just the fastest in the car I was driving so didn't get fastest lap. The fastest lap is just the fastest lap of the race (out of all the cars) I'm not sure if BnJ laps count though.
If you've had a message saying "fastest lap" then it's likely just the lap record for that race.

If you want to see the overall CTRA lap records for that track, enter $track as a message and it will display the records for all cars for that track.
#6 - SamH
..or check out the lap record charts on the CTRA website

(I'm working on the presentation, btw. I know it sucks :tilt
For stats to be recorded the race must have 4 or more entries, otherwise we give points and track laps & yellows but otherwise consider it an open practice and other stats are not tracked.
Quote from SamH :..or check out the lap record charts on the CTRA website

(I'm working on the presentation, btw. I know it sucks :tilt

Great! And presentation is fine, imho. I take it, track records are only shown if set by a driver who has entered a proper name?
#9 - SamH
Quote from Linsen :Great! And presentation is fine, imho. I take it, track records are only shown if set by a driver who has entered a proper name?

Fraid so! All publicly visible stats on the site require first and last names

[edit] except licence look-ups.. we allow the first and last names to be blank there
I believe the fastest lap statistic on your licence to actually be if you ran the fastest lap of the whole race (for your class/vehicle). I've had plenty of fastest laps during a race, but come the finish line, i've only ended up with a few as someone always beats me.
Fastest Laps are tracked on the B and J also it is only the fastest lap for the race, short 3 or 4 lap races are great for your Licence stats.

SamH there seems to be a problem with the Licence lap record count as I do have 4 but my licence and web page show 3, also on the LR stats pages it has me down in the total LR column as either having 1 or 3 LR total

Nothing seems to add up with it at present needs a little fettling I think
#12 - SamH
Quote from CELTIC100 :Nothing seems to add up with it at present needs a little fettling I think

Yeah, I've noticed it's a little conservative with the truth. It's got me a little baffled at the moment, because the maths is very basic SQL indeed, but the results it gives are a bit puzzling.
Well the licence lookup was coded by me and that says you have 3, and you have 3 listed. I'd go with that because when it comes to disagreements between me and Sam I refuse to accept defeat on principle.
4 within the stats lists, sorry Becky your wrong but then I would go with the largest denominator
are they all with BnJ? then it doesnt count
#16 - SamH
Quote from CELTIC100 :4 within the stats lists, sorry Becky your wrong but then I would go with the largest denominator

Perhaps I should point out, at this point, that we have two Shaun Lees racing on the CTRA system
Thats cool 6 Licences and if one gets banned I can still race

Just looked at it now and if you look at my Tudor Rose LR when you click my name the Licence it links to is Iceman31x, does this mean I'm Platinum as well now (This occurs with numerous racers not just myself)

Sorry Iceman31X you have been Assimilated into the order of [HR]

I'm wondering if Iceman31x equalled my record and the system has glitched and mixed up the info giving this result.

But to tell you the truth it may be part of Team [HR] Master Plan and their now cloning me

[HR] DOMINATION
I have 12 laps record and I should be third in the top 10 lap record holders but it is not so; why?
#19 - Jakg
Have you set your real name up in the CTRA system?
Quote from Jakg :Have you set your real name up in the CTRA system?

Yes, I have tried even so, but no change
#21 - SamH
Yep, Ulisse, you're right. For the first time in (abloodylongtime) I'm going to have to beg some help from another SQL database programmer, because I can't figure out why you're not showing on the first page. You definitely should be in 3rd place.

Please bear with me while I get it figured out.
Yep
#23 - SamH
Fixed

I couldn't get hold of Eddy (the guy I'd normally beat until he gives me a solution) so I kept going until I figured out a workaround. The results now show you in 3rd place
Thanks

Fastest lap
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG