The online racing simulator
#1 - VoiD
Line 8 : This Command....
Just curious, maybe it´s a bug (never seen this before).

After leaving pits I get this line: "XRR: line 8 - This command needs a parameter"...
It´s at the end of the attached replay.

BTW: Thx to anyone who is involved in programming/hosting/supporting CTRA. This is just an awesome fockin´ good piece of....
...well I have No words for that!

Edit: erased obsolete replay
wheres the replay?
#3 - VoiD
good question..
Opera says everything is OK...

Edit: Solved!
how strange, luckily I have Opera and can download the replay, looking now.
#5 - VoiD
Thx maid, thats what I call "service"
im using opera and i couldnt see it
Hmm, nothing on the replay, so my guess is it was a message sent directly to your connection. Thing is, X-System doesnt use line numbers so i'm a bit confused. The only thing that is likely to return a line number would be the email system for sending replays or possibly an SQL lookup - which would make line number 9 more realistic at least given the size of X-System .

Thing is, if it was SQL it would have shut down all SQL access and that's still working, and from the replay name I know you wheren't sending an X-System replay, so i've no idea what this error is yet.
#8 - VoiD
Quote from Becky Rose :Hmm....and from the replay name I know you wheren't sending an X-System replay, so i've no idea what this error is yet.

To make things things clear (to a poor user), you meant the better way to send a "bug".mpr is to send it directly through your CTRA-system..? Any chance to send "parameter.mpr" through X-system yet?

Watched it 3 times, nothing special to see here too
No I mean the only things I could think off that would throw a line number error. Line numbers are a BASIC thing, X-System is not written in BASIC. The only parts of it that are are in any way BASIC is the SQL queeries (not exactly BASIC but simple by all account, although ... not multi-line either) and the eMail api (written in php). X-System wont through errors with line numbers, it'll bail out with whatever debug information I tell it to give, which isnt a lot... and line numbers certainly are not a part of that. So i'm not sure on what this error is.
#10 - VoiD
Rejoined CTRA Race2 (AS4r) and got the same error after leaving pits with the XRR with untouched set...
I thought it was cFosSpeed+eMule, but it wasn´t...Even with a "clean" dialup i got this message from now on...
It just worked absolutely fine for me, are you able to get in other cars at all?
#12 - VoiD
Good point ( I´ll try)

EDIT: any car works fine, except the XRR with any setup.

I have NO PROBLEMS AT ALL, just this (never seen before) message after leaving pits.
#13 - SamH
Umm.. line numbers like that crop up in LFS script. Have a look at your file xrr.lfs to see if you're setting buttons in an odd way or something?
#14 - VoiD
Quote from SamH :Umm.. line numbers like that crop up in LFS script.

believe it or not:
it was "throttle blip on downshift" in XRR.lfs. After erasing/uncomment the line (used it on AS3 in my XRR.cfg/lfs) everything is OK....

SamH, you´re THE man!
#15 - SamH
Yeeehaaar! I DO serve a purpose around here! Weeeheeee!! :woohoo:
Glad it's sorted, buddy!
#16 - VoiD
Good job, you deserve an extra point on XTRA-X_LFSforSPEED, theREALthingifuknowwhatimean
#17 - VoiD
2 beers later...

Hmmm, so I need to have 2 (or more) different/tweaked *.lfs-files to race on your servers without getting this message?
It depends, what is in the script right now? I dont see how X-System is incompatable with LFS script, it might be a specific error. I dont know much about LFS script personally so i'll hand over to other people, but X-System doesnt do anything special regarding LFS script.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG