The online racing simulator
GFC Looking for new blood
(32 posts, started )
At the last round of the GFC we were down to only 20 runners on the grid - although everyone seemed to enjoy the race. So we are looking for new guys and the next round should be very exciting - South City Long Reverse.

If you were planning to wait until season 2 to enter I strongly recommend you get some experience now. This format is very different from single formula racing.

Hope to see some new signees.
#2 - ajp71
Defiantly hope to be there, probably can't put my entry in until I can confirm
Quote from ajp71 :Defiantly hope to be there, probably can't put my entry in until I can confirm

We'd all be glad to see you back mate.
#4 - evans
I was actually looking forward to last nights race, until connection trouble hit me just before the race. I managed to connect at about 20:30 GMT, where I saw you guys were just starting. Missed it by about 30 seconds or so
But! But...! but August 26th is American LeMans at Mosport! Everybody should be driving-flying-swimming-biking-crawling to Canada and watching that.

20 GMT works out to 4pm Sunday EST here in Canada. That is actually perfect for me. I have been in one league (GPL), but the times in most leagues never seem to jibe with my work schedule. Ima gonna think on this for awhile
'Ate a clock Sundee? Can I drive the FO8?
Quote from Rooble :'Ate a clock Sundee? Can I drive the FO8?

That's 10.00pm in Germany.

Please drive the FOX
Ooops nevermind this post, cant do that date.
#9 - GabbO
I'm terribly sorry, i could not take part, cause i had no wheel to drive with . Damn..
Hopefully i can manage next time
I'm sorry too Gentle, with the kids on summer hols I just have not been able to make the last couple of races, so hopefully I may be back in september entries allowing.
Shouldn't all these GFC threads be in the Leagues & Events section? Or even in the GFC section in the Leagues & Events section?
Quote from banshee56 :Shouldn't all these GFC threads be in the Leagues & Events section? Or even in the GFC section in the Leagues & Events section?

It'd be such a shame to see this league go to waste, its an fantastic league and an very well organised one I'll give you that.

But with this in the General Discussion, it'd attract more members who would be interested in participating in an league.
I believe the point was that if other LFS leagues have to play-by-the-rules as far as posting league event information, promotions, etc. in the league section, then all leagues should have to do it too. Doesn't really matter if its GFC, CTRA, LOTA, OLFSL, BOTT, etc.

Quote from BigDave2967 :But with this in the General Discussion, it'd attract more members who would be interested in participating in an league.

#16 - Gunn
Quote from Hollywood :I believe the point was that if other LFS leagues have to play-by-the-rules as far as posting league event information, promotions, etc. in the league section, then all leagues should have to do it too. Doesn't really matter if its GFC, CTRA, LOTA, OLFSL, BOTT, etc.

Actually, we try to be deliberately lenient in this regard.
Quote from MRSisson :But! But...! but August 26th is American LeMans at Mosport! Everybody should be driving-flying-swimming-biking-crawling to Canada and watching that.

20 GMT works out to 4pm Sunday EST here in Canada. That is actually perfect for me. I have been in one league (GPL), but the times in most leagues never seem to jibe with my work schedule. Ima gonna think on this for awhile

Wish there was coverage of American Le Mans here in the UK. I'm a Le Mans freak and went 5 years in a row until things conspired to stop me.

Hope you can join up mate. This league isn't so much about speed as it is about awareness and consistency so not too much practice is required before races. All the skills are learned during the actual races.
Quote from Rooble :'Ate a clock Sundee? Can I drive the FO8?

You can drive either car mate - be good to have you aboard.
Quote from Gunn :Actually, we try to be deliberately lenient in this regard.

Gunn, would you please explain the reasoning behind this statement? Just looking for clarification. Sorry for offtopic posts.
Quote from Hollywood :I believe the point was that if other LFS leagues have to play-by-the-rules as far as posting league event information, promotions, etc. in the league section, then all leagues should have to do it too. Doesn't really matter if its GFC, CTRA, LOTA, OLFSL, BOTT, etc.

I withdraw my last post in style. Very good point there.
I would love to race in the GFC I will sign up later
#22 - Sudo
I'd love to race, but I'm still really slow. GF, I'm having some issues with registering for your site, PM'd you about it. Does anyone have a good set for this race? I'm horrible at making a set, and the WR ones I don't really like.
Quote from Gentlefoot :At the last round of the GFC we were down to only 20 runners on the grid - although everyone seemed to enjoy the race. So we are looking for new guys and the next round should be very exciting - South City Long Reverse.

If you were planning to wait until season 2 to enter I strongly recommend you get some experience now. This format is very different from single formula racing.

Hope to see some new signees.

If you are looking for new blood, you could also introduce yourself. What is GFC?? Why would I join?
Quote from PLAYLIFE :If you are looking for new blood, you could also introduce yourself. What is GFC?? Why would I join?

Have a look at the site and all will become clear.
I've just watched this replay http://gentlefoot.com/LFS/GFC5Race.mpr

and I thought this just shows what the GFC is all about. Clean good natured racing throughout the grid.

And .define.'s performance is atonishing! When you look at the stats
http://gentlefoot.com/LFS/forum/viewtopic.php?t=207

you see he didn't cause a single yellow the whole 75 laps even with all those FO8s passing him and with the lap times he does. Remarkable driving skills I'm sure you'll agree.

(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG