The online racing simulator
#1 - steve
anyone in the Brainerd, MN area and like drag racing?
Me and buddy are heading out there BIR (I've never been out there yet)this weekend, leaving tomorrow morning actually, just dropped a new motor in the S-10 making over 1000hp and gotta go do some runs and whatnot. Any LFS racers around and wanna meet up and get :drink: and go hunting for cougars? lol
I've got work this weekend

Also, I doubt my 200hp GTI could do much against that S10, and I can't drink for another 4 months, LOL.
#3 - CSU1
Quote from steve :Me and buddy are heading out there BIR (I've never been out there yet)this weekend, leaving tomorrow morning actually, just dropped a new motor in the S-10 making over 1000hp and gotta go do some runs and whatnot. Any LFS racers around and wanna meet up and get :drink: and go hunting for cougars? lol

jesus 1000bhp in a pickup
Is it one of these??

im guessin ya put ballast in the back, yeah?
Quote from CSU1 :

im guessin ya put ballast in the back, yeah?

Thats why VW's and Porsches are the best drag cars
10.2 in a road legal VW Beetle. OH YES.
#5 - steve
nothing in the back except some fat slicks lol, anyways best pass of the weekend was an 8.59 at 160mph with about .4 tenths still in its, not hooking off the line as good as it can be.. here's a pic from lastyear
Attached images
n774560227_857748_6012.jpg
#6 - CSU1
Quote from steve :nothing in the back except some fat slicks lol, anyways best pass of the weekend was an 8.59 at 160mph with about .4 tenths still in its, not hooking off the line as good as it can be.. here's a pic from lastyear

...I obviously never driven one of those being from Ireland we don't exactly have proper drag tracks over here/or cars for that matter....but if it's not hooking off the line so well I'd expect the rear end is wai too light...it just looks wrong.

How much do those fat slicks weigh in the back?...hardly enough ballast I'd imagine?
#7 - steve
Ya theres some traction issues lol, the slicks barely weigh anything, and the rims.. hmm I couldnt tell ya, not much though. But ya its definately fun Just gotta weld a few more bars and braces into the rollcage so the truck can be certified to run under 8.49 though.. Notice how its extended cab, you sit in the back to drive it lol.
#8 - CSU1
i see, the cab is extended at the rear for a central seating location,nice work...

who ran 8.59, you or best pass of the event? and what do they allow the S10 to weigh in at....i'd say you wouldn't want those rims banging around in the back when u is goin a bit wobbly, could be a pain in the arse and make you crash...and welding wheel braces and other such trinketry is cheating
#9 - steve
I didn't, my buddy did. It wasnt an event, more like test and tune days I dont quite recall what the truck weighs, I know it aint that much though. Welding braces and more bars in is cheating? lol nope, it's required to pass the saftey inspection and has to be done to be NHRA certified.
He extended the cab, the engine is mounted in the front, what more ballast do you want CSU1? You have the leverage of the engine being on the front wheels, I imagine it goes vertical when Lanching, so the Engine weight, goes to the back when its most needed anyway I imagine thinking about it though, I agree with the fact it looks wrong, its like the rear wheels will just lift up asif your pulling a constant stoppie

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG