The online racing simulator
My DSL Speeds
(3 posts, started )
My DSL Speeds
Well I Haven't browsed the forums in a long time, and it feels good to be back. I recently moved, and just got my computer setup. I upgraded my modem and just got this configured, and now I need the opinions of other techs around here. For being 350miles away, am I getting a good ping? And do you think my upload speeds are capped via ISP, or is this something on my end thats yielding slower upload rates then I would like? The speed test shown is after numerous tests to make sure of consistancy. Thoughts?
~Bryan~
P.S. I'm paying $40~ a month for advertised 4mbit service.
#2 - Jakg
That looks normal, Upload is always slow on home connections because home users don't really use much upload and they want to push the more expesnive business packages to those who need the upload.

Never been a fang of speedtests ping, Start>Run>CMD>Ping liveforspeed.net ftw!
Well my modem is syncing at 5056KB/800KB...so asuming the 20% loss, I should look at 4000/640, my download speeds seem up to par, but my upload falls short of what my modem is saying, although with my old modem I had 4416/900 sync, and it showed, so there must be a way to free up some upload speeds.
~Bryan~

My DSL Speeds
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG