The online racing simulator
A ball? lol.....
(38 posts, started )
A ball? lol.....
Hey guys, i looked into the "suggested improvements" thread and didn't find this there, so excuse me if this was already posted.

So.....i watched that video of those guys in top gear playing football with small toyotas, and man, that looked serious fun. Was wondering if the devs could simply add a movable ball in the autox screen, so we could actually play football in the autox

Crazy, yes, and absolutely not racing-related, but it's car related

And it would be relatively simple to add i believe, and c'mon, it wouldn't hurt racing in any way
i remember someone suggested that idea back in RSC ..cant remember how long ago, i think it was about this time last year, i still think it would be quite fun car polo
#3 - JTbo
We could have several playmodes too, soccer anyone? We just would need goals

That would be also good to learn basics of handling, oversteer/understeer and so on.
Quote from JTbo :We could have several playmodes too, soccer anyone? We just would need goals

That would be also good to learn basics of handling, oversteer/understeer and so on.

Well i named it football, because as far as i know, it's only named soccer in the US. But you got the idea.....

The goals could be those barriers already, and you already can make your own autox layout, so there would be many possibilities.....
#5 - JTbo
But how large this ball would be or could it be better if there is 3 sizes?

5 cars per team, that could end up little paintwork damage ;D
LOL, i saw that video too... would be really nice having some fun with a car soccer game lol... very interesting for me

And... as Vegetal already said, i think it won't change the focus of the game, it's just an additional form of having a little fun sometimes

i can even see a soccer match on LFS
probably the players would laugh everytime.
#7 - JTbo
If there is Team Speak too then that could become some insane party

Like Tag racing, that was sure crazy and fun too
Quote from JTbo :But how large this ball would be or could it be better if there is 3 sizes?

5 cars per team, that could end up little paintwork damage ;D

The ball in the video was more or less as tall as the cars used, maybe a little smaller. Having adjustable size could be nice though
ITS NOT SOCCER!! ITS FOOTBALL!!

anyway as said above someone did suggest it in the old forum and I think it would be a really fun thing to implement into the game.

I remember in S1 you would use a MRT5 as the ball, but now damage is implemented its not as easy to do. Still might be fun though.

Andy.
Again, bloodly good idea
This would be great
Twas my suggestion! Sinbad (I think) won't let me forget it, as it's the most unpurist thing I've ever said.

But it would be fun!
Quote from tristancliffe :Twas my suggestion! Sinbad (I think) won't let me forget it, as it's the most unpurist thing I've ever said.

actually i suggested it before you did but it wasnt in the improvement suggestion section so i was never recognised as being the first ... but at least now you have a proper excuse and can claim that i somehow made you post such an unpure sim suggestion
Would it be hard? I mean it would just be like some sort of tire physics on a textured sphere object! It's a big ball, it can be made out of rubber after all. Heck we could even adjust pressure if we can adjust the size Now THAT would be fun.
I'd certainly host car football events like that
i guess as soon as the colission bugs are fixed it might be rather easy t add a ball ... probably even one that flexes like it should
We could even make a World Cup at June 2006 , hosted at German Server...
Ok ok let me stop dreaming ^^
And the Argentinians could cheat by sticking their sun roof up - "Sun Roof of God".

Did I get the right nationality, as I know diddly squat about kicksphere.
Quote from tristancliffe :And the Argentinians could cheat by sticking their sun roof up - "Sun Roof of God".

Did I get the right nationality, as I know diddly squat about kicksphere.

LOL yes, you did XDDDD
Devs?
#21 - JJ72
the ball will bounce like crazy with the current physics model though. (no shock absorbsion.)
Quote from AndyC :ITS NOT SOCCER!! ITS FOOTBALL!!
Andy.

Ok, i'll humor you here. Football doesn't mean the same thing depending
where you live. I'm sure you are aware of american football. Over here,
your 'football' is called soccer and our football is more akin to rugby,
although with lots of padding and less back climbing . Anyone mixed
up yet ?

I'm all for fun games and stuff, but this community is known for it's
purist views and such 'games' probably won't be appreciated by some
people, just warning you. Put on a purist vest. Then, have fun
Autocross lots would be ideal for such things. Can i be the ball ?
I don't think it'd be hard at all. Just imagine an Auto-X layout to make it possible.

Construct some goals, and put the 'ball' object in the scene... all it would need is to stay 'alive' rather than dissapearing as usual. Would be great fun.
Quote from Fonnybone :Ok, i'll humor you here. Football doesn't mean the same thing depending
where you live. I'm sure you are aware of american football. Over here,
your 'football' is called soccer and our football is more akin to rugby,
although with lots of padding and less back climbing . Anyone mixed
up yet ?

football is called that way because you play it with your feet and not with your hands like that homosexual version of rugby

Quote :I'm all for fun games and stuff, but this community is known for it's
purist views and such 'games' probably won't be appreciated by some
people, just warning you. Put on a purist vest. Then, have fun
Autocross lots would be ideal for such things. Can i be the ball ?

i guess if even tristan is all for the idea we have the purist community on our side ... and you copuld declare it as an experiment to see how well the tyrephysics port to other air filled rubber objects
Are you saying I'm the entire purist part of the community???!!! :P

A ball? lol.....
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG