The online racing simulator
Whoever said Lada's were crap?
(44 posts, started )
I drove that kind of lada 10 years ago (not my car :schwitz. I cannot remember that the gear map would have been in any way unusual.

I do remember that the only thing that worked flawlesly was the horn
#27 - JTbo
Quote from Aquilifer :I drove that kind of lada 10 years ago (not my car :schwitz. I cannot remember that the gear map would have been in any way unusual.

I do remember that the only thing that worked flawlesly was the horn

It is not unusual in standard versions, but those rallye versions quite many has this special H-pattern that I have not seen any other car.
I think its a work of art ('cept for the orange bits) and i would love to know how it performs on track

wow. that engine can fit?. great >=] note to self: 2 litre engine or biggest that can fit + Lada and/or datsun with 4wd conversion= track pwnage.
Crap, that thing made me throw up in my mouth!
That thing's done in great taste IMO, except for the lambo doors. It should be faster than most cars with that monster twin turbo engine (which definitely looks like a nissan). Thumbs up from me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTDwY3IPIlY

On board in rally lada, note weird H-pattern with gears and proffessional co-driver

Haha,if u guys would understand that,everybody would laugh ur asses off lol, codriver was like at the start:" hmm where the hell we are now?! wich turn was that? "

I grow up on ladas in hungary,i love em! here in usa ppl r just would laugh on it
#32 - JTbo
Quote from e2mustang :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTDwY3IPIlY

On board in rally lada, note weird H-pattern with gears and proffessional co-driver

Haha,if u guys would understand that,everybody would laugh ur asses off lol, codriver was like at the start:" hmm where the hell we are now?! wich turn was that? "

I grow up on ladas in hungary,i love em! here in usa ppl r just would laugh on it

Was funny at some point when driver says something to co-driver and co-driver got bit of defensive, too bad I don't understand what they talk, I really like from racing clips from Hungary, specially Ladas as even they might not have state of the art equipment or training, they are at least trying very hard, what is missing from some other car sports
Quote from JTbo :Was funny at some point when driver says something to co-driver and co-driver got bit of defensive, too bad I don't understand what they talk, I really like from racing clips from Hungary, specially Ladas as even they might not have state of the art equipment or training, they are at least trying very hard, what is missing from some other car sports

Actually they were talking in german at that point, dunno what they were talking about tbh
Quote from OneCrazyDiamond : It should be faster than most cars with that monster twin turbo engine

that's still a twinturbo layout... less then 600 bhp for sure...
there are nissans with single turbo conversions running extremely high pressures getting up to 900+BHP on Nissan's ATTESA-ETS 4 wheel drive system (which works miracles on the track) so I guess that any serious Skyline GT-R (the original owner of that engine) could beat the Lada...furthermore, Nissan's wheelbase is longer, and wider, which gives a better, more predictable reactions...
#35 - JTbo
Quote from squidhead :Nissan's wheelbase is longer, and wider, which gives a better, more predictable reactions...

Or less agile and slower on narrow twisty sections, there is also negative side on that characteristics too
Quote from RevengeR :Actually they were talking in german at that point, dunno what they were talking about tbh

if its german they have a really unintelligible accent
Quote from squidhead :that's still a twinturbo layout... less then 600 bhp for sure...
there are nissans with single turbo conversions running extremely high pressures getting up to 900+BHP on Nissan's ATTESA-ETS 4 wheel drive system (which works miracles on the track) so I guess that any serious Skyline GT-R (the original owner of that engine) could beat the Lada...furthermore, Nissan's wheelbase is longer, and wider, which gives a better, more predictable reactions...

Notice I said "most", not all. How many 900+BHP Skylines do you see running around anyway? Not that many. My point was just that that car will be quite fast due to its power-to-weight ratio (which will be higher than most skylines), and it *should* handle quite nicely as well because it doesn't weigh anything at all.
Quote from Shotglass :if its german they have a really unintelligible accent

Well, sounds like german at least Gotta be some baloney then, the co-driver was making jokes all along.

The first few sentences:

Dude, you will toast this barrack so much, we will shit ourselves.
5 left, we travelled 200 kms for this. And we are gone, where are we? 150 3 right into wide?

Too bad the whole feeling isnt really translateable, its priceless
what he said
I dunno. I think think the car looks pretty cool for what it is. I especially liked what they did to the front clip and grille.
Quote from Blackout :In some show I saw ages ago, might have been Top Gear because it was on BBC world, they took someones Lada and went for Lotus to tune it. It came out nice I think. Can anyone remember seeing something like that?

i remember seeing that was black with erm chrome inserts in the doors i think if i remember correctly. they gave it a complete overhaul
Scroll back to post #18 to see that lotus lada
nice one
#44 - JTbo
Another nice Lada rallying video

Has small part of in car night rallying and short section of suspension cam, it does present quite well speed and overall feeling of rallying, imo.

Whoever said Lada's were crap?
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG