The online racing simulator
As gullable as the NASCAR fans are to think the Cup cars are even the slightest bit based on the road-going counterparts, I think everyone will realise that the Holden is not a Chevy whatevertheycallit, and the Falcon is not a Ford Fusion. We don't have anything similar to those cars over hear in terms of design. We probably have something here that shares a chassis, but no similar design. They'd need to use a model that is sold both here and there for it to make sense economically.

Of course, I don't give a toss what they call it; it's great racing! :hyper:
Don't Holden run Commodores? And aren't they the GTO in America? They could simply run them as Pontiac GTO's. Problem solved for Holden . As for the Falcon, I don't know if they have an America counter-part, but rather like the Falcon's model even if I hate Ford :P and I think alot of people would enjoy it.
GTO is no more... again
Not only that, but you can't just rename the Holden to a Pontiac GTO; it would require a re-body as well. Brand identity is a huge thing.
#30 - DeKo
Quote from J.B. :Fox on TVU player. (google it)

allready have TVU player, thats why i was hoping it would be on speed TV. which channel is Fox?
Speed doesn't show NASCAR races live, instead the show hours and hours of crap NASCAR TV, FOX airs most of the races live IIRC. Sometimes SPEED gets the CTS Races live, though; usually when there's a more important race they're covering, just so they can break coverage and piss off all the fans of the important races (like LeMans, Sebring, etc).

That's what happens when a network is owned by FOX. I want Speedvision back
#32 - J.B.
Quote from DeKo :allready have TVU player, thats why i was hoping it would be on speed TV. which channel is Fox?

Try channel 20758 on Sopcast, not TVU.
#33 - J.B.
Quali cancelled because of rain. Start grid by championship positions. That puts Ambrose and German Klaus Graf out.
and Borris is out as welll.....

This really sux... NASCAR was supposed to have rain tires 6 years ago (for road courses).
Quote from srdsprinter :and Borris is out as welll.....

This really sux... NASCAR was supposed to have rain tires 6 years ago (for road courses).

The reason they stopped bringing rain tires to road races is the fact that if your windshield fogged up, you were screwed because there is nothing you can do to get rid of it.
that's the stupid thing about stock car racing :/
LOL. I think I saw it on Nascar.com that the Busch Series had the window defogers like the V8 Supercars have ready to go and rain tires. I think the Cup guys are just scared to get PWND so bad in the rain. Was Busch qual canceled or did they run in the rain?
#38 - th84
ESPN's coverage does indeed suck, but what's the big deal about it being on cable? For the past several years TNT has been doing half (or close) of the races and it is a cable channel too. TNT's coverage was even worse than ESPN's. Although, anything is better than NBC, Darrell Waltrip is enough to make me change the channel. Live races are far better than any channels coverage.

BTW, it was nice of Mr. Gordon to do that, but he is still a prick. I get "courtesy passes" through my job for every Atlanta, Talladega and Daytona race, and back when Mr. Gordon was still driving for RCR I stumbled into his sponsor tent. He did a little interview and autograph session where he pretty much complained the whole time. I have been in a bunch of those tents with diffrent drivers and he was by far the biggest jackass of them all.

FYI, a "courtesy pass" (or whatever else diffrent sponsors may call it) is bascially a pass to get into the infield where the sponsors tents are set up, pit passes, track tours, tickets for your grandstand seats, meet and greet's with various drivers in the tents and a bunch of free food, beer and other goodies. Your only supposed to go in whichever sponors tent that gave you the tickets, but its not to hard to go in several of them.
Quote from h3adbang3r :The reason they stopped bringing rain tires to road races is the fact that if your windshield fogged up, you were screwed because there is nothing you can do to get rid of it.

Well technically qualifying is only two laps around the track. Was the rain that bad?
#40 - th84
Yea, the rain was pretty bad for a while.... but it dont take much when your running on slicks.
Stock cars need windshield wipers -_-
Quote from lizardfolk :Stock cars need windshield wipers -_-

They used to have them at road races, but they stopped for the same reason that they discontinued chances of racing in the rain. Sucks that Marcos didn't make the race.
#43 - J.B.
You can watch the Watkins Glen Busch race live on nascar.com right now. Most of the NEXTEL Cup grid are doing it, including JPM.
#44 - DeKo
I can hear sound when i try and watch the feed, but dont see any video. weird.

Okay, tried it in IE and it works fine.
All i can say is GO Ambrose AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
Boris is back in the cup race driving the 21.

I still can't believe there is a driver named gaylord.
Hooray!! Borris Is IN!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone say Thanks Bill Elliot (giving Borris his car)!
Quote from srdsprinter :Hooray!! Borris Is IN!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone say Thanks Bill Elliot (giving Borris his car)!

Yup and so is Jones, Carpentier, and Fellows Shame Graf didnt get in.

Quote from -wes- :Boris is back in the cup race driving the 21.

I still can't believe there is a driver named gaylord.

LOL Gaylord is a common American name (the baseball pitcher Gaylord Perry)
Said just keeps going foward, this is a good race so far.
Wow.....wow Harvick is a hot head -_-. Truex just ran over Montoya, it wasn't Montoya's fault. Burton had to even pull Harvick away LOL

Edited: LOL, during that red flag a fan RAN ALL THE WAY ACROSS the track ro the stopped cars just to meet Matt Kenseth and ask for a autograph LOL

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG