The online racing simulator
Configuring a G25
(11 posts, started )
Configuring a G25
Hello all!

I'm new, so go lightly on me

I have a perfectly working G25 but in LFS S2 it will not let me set up the pedals. I click on the set axis button (or whatever it says) but nothing happens when I press the clutch or brake etc. I am running Windows Vista (shudder) Ultimate on a custom PC. The pedals all work fine in GTR2.

Mark
Thats brilliant, thanks!
Still not fixed It's not recognising any of the gears or the brake and throttle movements.

Any more ideas?
Quote from mark_lar77 :Still not fixed It's not recognising any of the gears or the brake and throttle movements.

Any more ideas?

So when you press a pedal, none of the bars move at all?
Make sure you have installed the Logitech drivers (version 5.00) and that everything on the wheel is plugged in correctly. That means:
* Wheel >>> PC cable (USB)
* Wheel >>> shifter unit cable
* Wheel >>> pedals cable
* And most important make sure you actually plugged in the power

If everything is connected and powered on, the wheel should do its self calibration thingy by spinning from lock to lock. After that everything should work.
Quote from ColdFusionite :So when you press a pedal, none of the bars move at all?

The bars move, but when they should be configured, the brake pedal stays full on (red bar, bottom right) and throttle and clutch do notthing. In a race, it doesn't pick up the shifts at all. Even though all of the shifts are configured correctly.
Quote from AndroidXP :Make sure you have installed the Logitech drivers (version 5.00) and that everything on the wheel is plugged in correctly. That means:
* Wheel >>> PC cable (USB)
* Wheel >>> shifter unit cable
* Wheel >>> pedals cable
* And most important make sure you actually plugged in the power

If everything is connected and powered on, the wheel should do its self calibration thingy by spinning from lock to lock. After that everything should work.

Should I do that whilst the game is running? I normally plug it in in Windows before I launch anything.
I have a G25 on XP and this is what I did to configure it.

Plug in all cables to the wheel.
THEN plug it into the pc(USB) and it'll selfcalibrate(rotating from 100% left to right turn).
Install the driver software either downloaded or from the driver cd. Follow instructions 100%.
Open the Logitech Gaming something and a picture of your G25 will pop up and show you all the buttons on it.
Go to settings and unified settings(don't remember 100% if that's what it's called). And remove the hack on the unified gas and break axis. That'll set the brake and gas pedals to seperate axis'.
Boot up LFS and go to settings. Choose your G25 and find the settings for the brake, speeder, clutch axis. There you can set up all your axis needs
Next is the gear. You'll have to set the gears up as buttons. Under the gear tab thing you'll find all the buttons and when you click ex. 1st gear you'll have to set the stick into first gear. It should recognise it.

That's how I did/do it when I plug my G25 in. Minus installation ofcourse.
Thanks. Will give that a go now.

EDIT: Works!! thats great!

Configuring a G25
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG