The online racing simulator
***Marcus Ambrose to make Cup Debut***
-Breaking News-

Robby Gordon has decided to field two cars in this weekend's Nextel Cup race at Watkins Glen, one for himself and one for Busch series competitor, 30-year-old Australian Marcus Ambrose!

After taking Ambrose out of Saturday's Busch race, and subsequently being disqualified and fined 35,000 dollars, Gordon is showing some signs of brain activity and making a "peace offering".

Kudos to you Mr. Gordon!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar ... amp;prov=st&type=lgns
Can't wait to see how Ambrose will do. We know Montoya is doing fairly well for a rookie so I'd like to see how Ambrose does.
Well, Ambrose was dominating at Quebec before Gordon decided to take him out.

The COT on the road course looks to be a bit more of a beast than the previous gen car. The ringers did well at Sonoma, so I expect it to be similar this weekend. The COT probably has a bit more in common with Ambrose's Aussi Super V8 Touring cars as well.

I hope he does well!
#4 - -wes-
Good move by Robby, will make the race evan more intersting.
He just wants to screw with team orders to make sure Marcos doesn't wind up ahead of him near the end of the race :P

Congrats to Marcos, though. I'd rather see him in the Aussie V8's (and bringing them to Canada! ) though.
Maybe he's trying to convert Ambrose to Robbie's "Secret Guild of Road-Course Wreckers".

More likely, he's trying to put more of a spin (no pun intended) on what he did last weekend to make NASCAR look bad.

I love super touring cars too
Quote from srdsprinter :-Breaking News-

Robby Gordon has decided to field two cars in this weekend's Nextel Cup race at Watkins Glen, one for himself and one for Busch series competitor, 30-year-old Australian Marcus Ambrose!

After taking Ambrose out of Saturday's Busch race, and subsequently being disqualified and fined 35,000 dollars, Gordon is showing some signs of brain activity and making a "peace offering".

Kudos to you Mr. Gordon!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar ... amp;prov=st&type=lgns

.........HUH????!!!!!!!!

That......strange of Robbie Gordon.
Yes, despite frequent reports of seeing him in and out of cars moving around, I've been of the belief his brain has been in a vegetative bake-potatoe state for quite some time.

Anyway, this really is a great gesture of Robbie, and i fully hope Robbie spins Ambrose out of the lead again on Sunday.

Patrick Carpantier will also be attempting to qualify and race in the Nextel Cup event as well!
Quote from srdsprinter :Yes, despite frequent reports of seeing him in and out of cars moving around, I've been of the belief his brain has been in a vegetative bake-potatoe state for quite some time.

Anyway, this really is a great gesture of Robbie, and i fully hope Robbie spins Ambrose out of the lead again on Sunday.

Patrick Carpantier will also be attempting to qualify and race in the Nextel Cup event as well!

I think NASCAR's getting contagious
Quote from MAGGOT :Congrats to Marcos, though. I'd rather see him in the Aussie V8's (and bringing them to Canada! ) though.

I have the same dream.
Although I'm not a fan, I concede Ambrose was a fine driver in V8 Supercars. He dominated the championship which no-one has managed to do since he left.

Quote from kevman_101 :I have the same dream.

I've always thought that V8 supercars woul be a hit if they travelled to the US/Canada. With the Chevy V8s and all. I wonder why they haven't tried it.
I don't know. All I can say is they probably have the best 4-wheel racing on asphalt right now. I would pass out if they started to have a race or 2 in Canada. Those cars would be so cool to see race around Mosport.
You should try and drum up some support and send them some emails. They're slowly putting overseas rounds into the championship (and taking them out again )

But, you never know.
#15 - DeKo
Off-Topic indeed, but is the race on sunday on Speed TV? And if not, anywhere else us not from the US can catch it?
ESPN, not sure if there's international coverage... but it's on ESPN
Quote from srdsprinter :ESPN, not sure if there's international coverage... but it's on ESPN

Yes, but ABC putting NASCAR races on a cable network was a bad idea in NASCAR's view. The ratings were 14% lower than before it was put on ESPN because of the fact that it is a cable network. Not everyone has cable in America you know.
While loosing some viewer % is bad in NASCAR's eyes, believe me, the ESPN deal is NOT a bad deal for NASCAR. ABC/ESPN paid BOATLOADS of money for their 1/3rd of the season, and Money runs NASCAR.
Quote from DeKo :Off-Topic indeed, but is the race on sunday on Speed TV? And if not, anywhere else us not from the US can catch it?

nasn if you have sky. cost £10 a month.
Quote from farcar :You should try and drum up some support and send them some emails. They're slowly putting overseas rounds into the championship (and taking them out again )

But, you never know.

hehehe gona start a country wide petition to bring over the Aussies .

As for ESPN. Might be a good deal, but the coverage SUCKS. I thought it would of been better then NBC's but I was wrong.
#21 - J.B.
Quote from DeKo :Off-Topic indeed, but is the race on sunday on Speed TV? And if not, anywhere else us not from the US can catch it?

Fox on TVU player. (google it)
Quote from h3adbang3r :Yes, but ABC putting NASCAR races on a cable network was a bad idea in NASCAR's view. The ratings were 14% lower than before it was put on ESPN because of the fact that it is a cable network. Not everyone has cable in America you know.

but all of the chase races will be on abc, that was the goal.
Quote from farcar :I've always thought that V8 supercars woul be a hit if they travelled to the US/Canada. With the Chevy V8s and all. I wonder why they haven't tried it.

One of the contributing factors is probably that neither of the cars in the series are available over here. We don't even have ANY Holdens.

Quote from kevman_101 :I don't know. All I can say is they probably have the best 4-wheel racing on asphalt right now. I would pass out if they started to have a race or 2 in Canada. Those cars would be so cool to see race around Mosport.

I'd die of happiness.
Quote from MAGGOT :One of the contributing factors is probably that neither of the cars in the series are available over here. We don't even have ANY Holdens.

Rename them for the US races, as Ford and Chevy and whatever they are, instead of their aussie names.
Quote from MAGGOT :One of the contributing factors is probably that neither of the cars in the series are available over here. We don't even have ANY Holdens.

Yeah, I'd say you're right. Holden are just a branch of GM though, so
as dawedust said, rename them!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG