The online racing simulator
Quote from vf1-xj220 :hehe... looks like mike need some reading classes.. i said UNIQUE features...

EVERY other game has real tracks
EVERY other game has real cars
A LOT of games have the SAME physics engine
FEW games have a realistic tyre simulation model
at least 2 games have day-night cycle

damn.. please pay attention to what i say... UNIQUE means that no other simulator or game has...

i forgot the progessive graphic deformation model for damage too but i think forza2 has something like that now

I hope you don't misunderstand me, but you seem to seriously underestimate the strong points of LFS's competition... which is not a good thing in my point of view. For example, the tyre deformation feature you mentioned in another post as being UNIQUE to LFS, already exists (or existed) in games like Virtual Grand Prix on the Mac, as well as Richard Burns Rallye and X Motor Racing on the PC.

Now don't get me wrong, I happen to be one of the founding members of the GVRteam, which practically is the absolute and only point of reference of LFS in Greece, which means I love, promote and advertise the sim. But this doesn't mean that LFS 's competition is worthless. On the contrary, LFS lacks crucial features already availabe in the competition (unique or not shouldn't and doesn't really matter) some of which would really boost LFS's popularity (real-life tracks for example or changable weather or a more detailed damage model).

The above is not me complaining for the devs, it is just me trying to show that some of your arguing so far (presented as "facts") are not so... valid as you may think
I think that S3 should be a bit more expensive. I've spent hundreds of happy hours on this sim so far for less than the price of a night out, so in value terms it is ridiculously cheap.

On the other hand, a new S3 player will already have to pay £36.00, so any increase on the S3 portion might put off new players or they may just go to S2 and we are left with a split community.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :I think that S3 should be a bit more expensive. I've spent hundreds of happy hours on this sim so far for less than the price of a night out, so in value terms it is ridiculously cheap.

On the other hand, a new S3 player will already have to pay £36.00, so any increase on the S3 portion might put off new players or they may just go to S2 and we are left with a split community.

I agree totally with that, i think an S2 license holder paying £24 for S3 but a new license holder buying for £36, what we get is very cheap, this would ofcourse bring out the vocal 5% who say that theyve been cheated/robbed etc.

Simon
I get the impression Mike that LFS isn't really for you, and you don't understand the driving principles behind it.
Quote from tristancliffe :I get the impression Mike that LFS isn't really for you, and you don't understand the driving principles behind it.

I agree. It's not about doing things that are different to GT5. You don't seem to get LFS. I have plenty of friends that don't get LFS either yet play GT4 all the time. They say LFS is too hard and too realistic and so it becomes not fun. But myself as a true racing enthusiast I enjoy the realistic physics and can't wait for more. Realism isn't about a list of real life car's.

LFS fills the gap in the market where people find games like GT4 boring and unrealistic. LFS is the only game I enjoy playing more now than I did 3years ago. All my other games are on a dusty shelf never to be played again.

Long live LFS.
I'm still curious as to how the devs are.
What about they are (still) on holiday?
Quote from Storm_Cloud :I think that S3 should be a bit more expensive. I've spent hundreds of happy hours on this sim so far for less than the price of a night out, so in value terms it is ridiculously cheap.

It reallly won't be a big deal, especially if the license system is refined so that staged content is automatically visible to the correct license level in game. Then all we have is one single sim with 3 levels of content access, and if the sim handles it seamlessly then it wouldn't be a problem.

I would even suggest that servers with unavailable content show up in the server list for everyone, but are greyed out if inaccessable. This would show lower licensed players what they are missing as well.

I would ALSO suggest that each stage of content be available separately, so that those that plan to budget for the sim in stages aren't limited to buying the stages in order. This way we have a very accessible, unified, well structured and reasonable method of delivering multiple interchangable levels of content to the consumer, which means that any level of budget can get started on LFS.
Now, that sounds like a brilliant idea!
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :It reallly won't be a big deal, especially if the license system is refined so that staged content is automatically visible to the correct license level in game. Then all we have is one single sim with 3 levels of content access, and if the sim handles it seamlessly then it wouldn't be a problem.

I would even suggest that servers with unavailable content show up in the server list for everyone, but are greyed out if inaccessable. This would show lower licensed players what they are missing as well.

I would ALSO suggest that each stage of content be available separately, so that those that plan to budget for the sim in stages aren't limited to buying the stages in order. This way we have a very accessible, unified, well structured and reasonable method of delivering multiple interchangable levels of content to the consumer, which means that any level of budget can get started on LFS.

Now that sounds like u no what ur talking about, good suggestion,

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG