The online racing simulator
GFX Problems, or LFS?
(11 posts, started )
GFX Problems, or LFS?
Well, I'm having problems as my screenshots will show.

What could be wrong? I thought it was overheating, so I turned off the PC for an hour and it is still there.

Well, the computer also crashes, or sorta crashes. The sound in LFS and TS loops for a bit and then the screen turns blank and no more sounds. The computer is still on and doesn't turn off but I see nothing, just have a blank screen.
Have you overclocked your CPU or GPU?
They were overclocked, but I thought of that and returned it to stock before my last try. Same exact thing.
#4 - Jakg
They're Artefacts.

What graphics card do you have? Overheating wont be fixed by letting your PC "cool down".
ATi X1650XT, it's one of the heatsink version.

I also looked at another thread right under this, about the X1600 and I have gotten the same VPU recovery thing, and the game has froze a few times with a blank screen. Later, all I got was a blank screen and the computer was still running all fine.
#6 - Jakg
Grab a copy of ATi Tool, play some LFS and see what temperature it gets to, if it doesnt get hot (ie over 70°) then try underclocking the memory.
Ok, I have ATiTool but where in it does it show temperatures?

Edit: I have SpeedFan running and when looking at the temperatures, I see that AUX (probably my GFX) is always over 70 degrees C. And this is just web surfing.
#8 - Jakg
Erm, Aux isn't your GFX card.

In ATi Tool it should show your temperature in the bottom left
if you have previously overclocked your card, it may have permanantly damaged it, which may explain why it still artefacts at factory settings. And you could have buggered your cpu if you overclocked that too.
#10 - Jakg
I'm willing to bet that the memory is overheating - mine does the same - just try underclocking it or putting a case fan blowing on the GFX card memory and i'm sure it will go away
Well, I asked one person and they said to limit my FPS to see if that helped. I limited to 51FPS and it's been fine so far. Thanks for your help though!

GFX Problems, or LFS?
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG