The online racing simulator
Help please, i was banned unjustly
Hi my friends, i need a little time to talk to admins or somebody to listen my point of view, becose i was banned and lose 1000 points of my ctra licence today injustly. This is my explanation and excuses:

First i'm a racer who race in ctra since it was STCC since half year ago (i guest more or less ) then i know so much racers very good and really bad ones (crashers, wreakers, spammers,etc never banned) and i always try to be so kind and help to other in the servers of CTRA.

But today, i was a mistake (only 1 of many time racing ) i was confused when i enter to the server en BL1, i have so much lag and i watch in my PC severals blue flags and i dont watch the number of the lap (just begun) becose i was in "shift + F" mode, then like always i wanted to help some players telling BLUE FLAGS !!! but i recognize that it was a mistake.

here some photos, that you can see, that inmmediatly one friend mine (Chano Martinez da silva) told me that i was mistaken, i say to all racers "my excuses" and joking saying "GREEN FLAG TO ALL "

Now another very important thing my report details say that: Banned for CTRA admin impersonation.

I want to tell to all people that never never was my intention to pretend to be and admin or something of CTRA.

I don't know that use [CTRA] in your nickname was not allowed or was
restricted. at the end of the same race one racer told me this and my friend tell me too, I responded astonished and scared with "Nooo" and i change my name for the next race for:
Neo CTRA Racer

This is the pic:

I put the ctra in my name just becose i really love race in ctra and the system of becky, and now i'm really sad and disappointed becose i lose months of gamming in that servers just for 1 mistake of write not even a crash or wreacking of someone really bad. And i was very happy becose just made my skin of ctra, im no happy now :

Please, i know that i was a mistake, but i excused in the same race that someone report me, i'm a really fanatic of CTRA i wish reconsider the sanction of 1000 points, if you want ban me for some days like punishment, but dont reduce my point i request you PLEASE

Thanks a lot for listen me, and for the great work. Bye
Refund Him!
I can see why you would be banned but it does sound like you meant no harm.

I have been racing with people using the CTRA tag in their name that make it clear they are not an admin of the system so I don't think about CTRA in the name and admin status

hope you get it sorted and can get back racing
I posted this, and he changed his name while I was posting the question. ( http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=28993 )
I dont think he meant any harm, and if this was the reason he was banned, I think he should be unbanned. I was merely asking the queston, I didnt report him because I wasnt sure if it was against the rules.

I don't think it justifies banning and taking away all his points. I'd rather have the wreckers banned
As your screenshots show - your actions made you look like ctra admin, you were spamming blue flag messages, people thought you were an admin and you were affecting the races.

Not only that, you were blue-flagging the wrong people - when P2 is challenging for P1 on the 2nd lap of the race you don't blue flag him.

We cannot, and will not, have people pretending to be CTRA admins and ruining other people's races. I appreciate you like the servers, the system and your skin, and are showing support, but the way you went about it was not the best.
I think you did things unattend, but that can`t be tolerated in my point of view. You acted on impulse and you wearing a CTRA tag.

Wearing that tag wasnt really smart but you also start spamming blue flag. If you watch the screen you also see that somebody tells you it isnt the first time you`ve been told not to wear the tag.

So the points drop i think is more then enough punishment, Banning people isnt my style but if they did they must have a good reason for it. They just dont throw around bans.
In my opinion that is not an apropiated excuse to ban at NeoArnold, he said was a mistake and he did not know the [CTAR] tag was not allowed to use.
im the friend of that banned guy, and i told him that was gonna be banned... he changed his name... i dont think he deserves to -1000 of his effort in racing...
#9 - Renku
Pretending to be someone else (doh, what's the word) has quite a big consequences IRL, too. Spamming the blue flag messages would be enough for a ban.
He wasnt really pretending.... He had CTRA in the CTRA colors in front of his name, and he did change that immediately after that race. I had just joined, so I dont know how long he had that prefix, or if he gave more blue flag messages in earlier races.
When I joined, he gave a couple of blue flag warnings, but he wasnt racing. He stopped soon enough (I think because his friend told him in spanish he was wrong)
After that race, and before start of the next one, he had changed his name.
I think he realised people could misunderstand his prefix, and he fixed that immediately, and I think he was just trying to help with the blue flag, but got it all wrong.

(feel free to find this a helpfull post )
Yeah, it sounds like a lesson well learned to me. Time to reinstate.
I have kind of a mixed feeling about this. I do believe him that he didn't have any bad intentions, but so many things happened at once here. First is imposting as CTRA member, which intentional or not is a big no-no by itself, but actually relatively harmless as long as he just has the tag in his name. What in my point of view made the situation really hairy was that he actually gave out flag warnings, which in combination with the CTRA tag made them look official. To top it off it were blue flags, which are a very special topic in CTRA anyway and even without the impersonation part that alone could've gotten him in trouble if not banned, as far as I know. Saying you didn't know all that wasn't allowed is a really bad excuse, I mean that's just common sense. However, it looks like a lesson learned and I don't think an outright ban is necessary anymore.
I think he just made a mistake, he didn't realise what the 'tags' represent so much and got into a tangle regarding it, not sure about the Blue Flag thing going on, but most of the people on that server have UKCT tags on not CTRA, so thats a bit of a blackspot to me...

Unban him, he sounds like he doesn't need to be banned anymore.
After reading all your post, I agree you should unbanned him...
Because:

1- He seems to be honest and we should be aware to disasparate him!
2- The banned seems to be due to cumulation of two errors :
- CTRA Name
- Respect of blue flag.

For CTRA Name we should made the difference (not so easy..) between real cheater and other who use this name for fun....

For blue flag, it is an error, but sometimes human and player makes errors, to forgive is human also ...

I hope you (admin) will take that into account....or sorry if you have already take all of that into account before your decision.
Michel.
To be fair all of this discussion is pointless... A CTRA Administrator has made the call... and the user has to deal with it.

"Help please, i was banned unjustly" - And from what ive seen it was Justified imho.
Quote from DANDAMAN05 :To be fair all of this discussion is pointless... A CTRA Administrator has made the call... and the user has to deal with it.
And from what ive seen it was Justified imho.

For sure the short term ban (one week ??) is justifiable...but the reduction of points as NeoArnold states shouldn´t be applied IMHO..... I know him and can assure you it wasn´t intentional....as he explained

Also I know he has earned every point fair and square...so the 1000 point penalty is very severe.....anyways the point you are trying to enforce has been made....NO IMPERSONATING OF CTRA STAFF WILL BE TOLERATED.....and many will read this.. for first timer hopefully the CTRA administrator that applied the penalty can reconsider.
:( Please, Please :(
Thanks for all guys to read, and write your commentaries, i'm really sorry for my mistake, and understand that we have to follow rules, but with the tag i sincerely don't know that i can't used and i change it, i was just realease that new name and skin (my name before was Neo México and race all nights) and was happy by my new change but i guess do a mistake for give to CTRA 1 more fanatic.

With the blue flags i either don't know really that was the first lap, and my pc for the lag became crazy and show me blue flags lol, I wanted to cooperate, but i made a mistake and i say excuse me with all racers.

Well i understand the ban (don't know how much days) like a punishment by my faults, but i think (like other races) what -1000 its a severe punishment, becose its only a little spam, and i losse a lot of day and hours racing in your servers for nothing, when other racers are crasher, wreackers, unkind, crude and more, and they still "racing".

Thanks however, and i hope really to reconsider my penaltys.
Could a moderator please delete this post.

I have no R%*(£)" clue why an 'I got banned' post has been allowed to stand, and no %£"*() idea why people are commenting and breaking out the koala hugs.

This matter is NOT OPEN FOR DISCUSSION in a public forum.

You know, most racing leagues and race authorities have rules about bringing the sport into disrepute...
I guess it was allowed to stay because it's in the CTRA section...? And don't you have moderator rights here? If not, you should probably get them.
#20 - SamH
I'll get moderator rights set up for you, Becky. Normally I'd shoot down these threads myself, but I'm a little up to my eyes in suntan lotion.

An "I got banned.." thread would normally be shot down in the General Discussion forum PDQ but this is the Teams/leagues subsections, and most LFS forum moderators wouldn't be caught dead in the 'Shades'. They largely let the mob rule run its course down here and don't even look.

Just to reaffirm, Anyone can hold any opinion they wish on any report that has been filed. All reports are available for anyone to look up in game (and it will be easier to do the same in the MYCTRA section when I get back). We are not secretive about the decisions we make at all.. but the availability of information should not be confused with an open-ness for discussion, or worse still - negotiation. Admin decisions will always have the potential to grate with individuals or to create controversy or resentment, but nothing will ever change the fact that they are all admin decisions, beginning and end
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG