The online racing simulator
FE1 - Race 2 - Chicane
At the first chicane, there are a number of tyres and bales to stop people peeing about and skipping the chicane. That's all well and good. But unfortunately there is one of the dreaded red and white barriers deposited there as well. I have clipped this barrier on a number of occasions, and it seems to cause more mayhem than it prevents.

What is the justification for the barrier, and is there any possibility for it to be removed?
+1 from me, it's really dangerous as it makes cars fly.
There is no red and white barrier on FE2. ?

Oh, FE1... sorry. Hmmm, well, hmmmm.
#5 - word.
Yeah, its funny when you see 2 cars try to go side by side on lap on, and one ends up flying 30meters into the air.
#6 - Jakg
Quote from word. :Yeah, its funny when you see 2 cars try to go side by side on lap on, and one ends up flying 30meters into the air.

..2 cars side by side will NOT make it through either way, i've been in league situations and while i think the new one "looks" evil, to be quick you've got to be in mid-air with no control on the cars direction for part of the chicane in the default layout, misjudge it even by a few mm's and you'll end up on your roof.
who's idea was it to put the objects there? and why? tricky layouts are part of racing
The barriers were put there to eliminate the curb jumping, I would imagine. If you are clipping the barrier and catapulting yourself in the air, my only suggestion would be to.... get ready for this outstanding wisdom..... don't clip the barrier.

So easy to fix
I dont have problems avoiding it, but I have problems avoiding other cars flying into me from it...
I can remove the pieces at the first chicane at FE1 (i'll leave the back section as is), I agree that the layout does cause as many problems as it solves with the single seaters, with tin tops i'd argue the layout is better. The difference for me will be less people moaning about the layuout - the difference for you is what you blame your accidents on.
Quote from Becky Rose :...the difference for you is what you blame your accidents on.

the wind? the wheel? the cat jumping in front of me while driving?

ohhh i think i´ve enough reasons so far...
Quote :the cat jumping in front of me while driving?

Your name isn't Al Heely by chance is it?
Quote from Becky Rose :Your name isn't Al Heely by chance is it?

http://www.freeman-studios.com ... b2c257e3c9d559b383d4d4783

"Birthday » Happy Birthday Al

Happy Birthday Al
02.11.2006 - 17:59 von !ce.Brainless
Today our member Al Heely is celebrating his birthday.

So we wish you all the best and many happy returns of the day.

Have a wonderful birthday Al!"

and no, it´s not, i´m not racing for !ce
Quote from Becky Rose :The difference for me will be less people moaning about the layuout...

Sorry if I sounded like I was moaning! See it as more of a "friendly suggestion"

Oh and thanks for removing it too, you made the right choice
Quote from Jakg :..2 cars side by side will NOT make it through either way,

Rubbish!

of course it depends who is driving the 2 cars

I actually liked it the way it was a little supprise for the cutters and tyre junkies

SD.
#16 - Jakg
Ok, it is possible, but from my experience on public servers you just end up getting squeezed into walls, i only feel comfortable making a move there in a league or team situation.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG