The online racing simulator
my suggestions
(11 posts, started )
my suggestions
my suggestions for improvements

1.when car rolls on roof people jump over fence and roll it back on wheels like in rbr
2.if u make crash in single player when you respawn the car it would have damage
3.gearboxes,when you choose automatic gearbox it would have less gears than manual,a sample of real lifeontiac gto manual 6 gears and automatic 4 gears
4.if you change the gears the racer would change gear too
these are my suggestions for now
my suggestions for improvements

1.when car rolls on roof people jump over fence and roll it back on wheels like in rbr

I have NEVER once seen spectators jump over the fence and turn a car over in curcuit racing

3.gearboxes,when you choose automatic gearbox it would have less gears than manual,a sample of real lifeontiac gto manual 6 gears and automatic 4 gears

Even better, auto gears should be removed all together, I can't think of a (decent) race car with auto shift

4.if you change the gears the racer would change gear too

You mean the graphical effect like RACE?, makes sense, but its a tad pointless
1. I don't know that spectators should do it, but if the car is still running I don't see why marshalls shouldn't be able to flip the car back over.
I actually think the current reset should be changed a to a gradual flip that others can see, as if the people doing it were invisible - that'd give other drivers a warning that your car was moving rather than it just appearing back on the track.

2. Should be an option, yes. It would help train people to drive with a damaged vehicle.

3. Used autobox in LFS once, but revs were always too low on corners. Manual FTW. Can't really comment on the gearing.

4. Has been suggested a lot. I wouldn't mind a 0.08s delay between the RL shift and the animated shift, but some people seem to object. Works in plenty of other driving games though. But then I play LFS with driver off, so it wouldn't affect me much at all.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :3.gearboxes,when you choose automatic gearbox it would have less gears than manual,a sample of real lifeontiac gto manual 6 gears and automatic 4 gears

We don't have an automatic gearbox, only automatic shifting. Big difference.

Quote :4.if you change the gears the racer would change gear too

Errr.... I do change the gear. I don't do it through the power of my mind (except for the mind telling my hand what to do....)
Spectators are not allowed to jump over the fence and push cars back onto their wheels/the track. In most series (apparently not F1 these days), marshalls are supposed to move cars to safety, not onto the track to continue racing.

The spawning should probably be an option. Maybe you wanted to reset the car to get it back onto its wheels, maybe you wanted to do it to fix the damage - you'd have to be able to choose which condition you wanted the car in first.

Even if we did have automatic gearboxes, why should they have fewer gears? You've come up with one example of a car that has more gears in its manual guise than its automatic spec - this is not universal, and the gearboxes with the most gears these days are almost always automatic - take Mercedes' 7G-Tronic 'box as an example for this.
But, as has been said, automatic is hopeless anyway.

No opinion on the on-screen driver moving.. If you have a wheel, then you can feel free to watch yourself change gears.

Sam
Oh look.....

... another demo racer!
Quote from CodieMorgan :Oh look.....

... another demo racer!

So? Because he may not have the cash to pay for S2 or his parents won't allow him to buy, he doesn't have ideas that he thinks may improve LFS?

It's not like he's suggesting more content for the demo.....
Quote from mrodgers :So? Because he may not have the cash to pay for S2 or his parents won't allow him to buy, he doesn't have ideas that he thinks may improve LFS?

It's not like he's suggesting more content for the demo.....

actually my sentence was never finished.... but it was gonna be something about these really odd and unusual and unrealistic suggestions that demo racers tend to give.....
Quote from CodieMorgan :really odd and unusual and unrealistic suggestions that demo racers tend to give.....

What's so odd, unusual, and realistic?

.... people jump over fence and roll it back like in RBR.... Well, it happens in RBR. He may not realize that this just doesn't happen in normal circuit racing.

.... respawn in single player the car it would have damage.... If you play single player and actually race against the AI rather than hotlap, this is a perfectly reasonable request.

.... less gears than manual... Majority of cars with the option of both manual and automatic gearboxes usually have less gears in the auto. Until recently, most autos were 4 and manuals were 5. Now, the autos are moving to 5 and the manuals are moving to 6. My car that I just bought 5 months ago for the wife only has 4 gears (auto).

.... if you change the gears the racer would change gear too.... What an odd request. It's not like this hasn't been requested before.

Nothing odd, unusual, unrealistic, stupid, retarded, worthless, etc about any of these requests. Four requests, one I don't agree with but wouldn't call it odd, one I agree with, one we don't have the feature to improve on and he misunderstands the feature we do have, and one that doesn't make a difference to me because I don't use the feature.
#10 - Gunn
Quote from Dajmin :1. I don't know that spectators should do it, but if the car is still running I don't see why marshalls shouldn't be able to flip the car back over.
I actually think the current reset should be changed a to a gradual flip that others can see, as if the people doing it were invisible - that'd give other drivers a warning that your car was moving rather than it just appearing back on the track.

Yes, this would be cool, and then the car can be immediately disqualified for receiving assistance.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :my suggestions for improvements

Hmm...But Live For Speed isn't a Rally game, where the cars have distance between them, and no marshals to "save" the car if its still in running order.

my suggestions
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG