The online racing simulator
Is S2 Worth It?
(27 posts, started )
Is S2 Worth It?
Hi, I was wondering if S2 is worth buying, Its a bit much for a canadaian.
I can afford it fine. But its a days work :P

I know it will be cool.
But I would like to hear other peoples oppions and find out if the game gets boring. Or in the patches they add new cars and tracks?

Ty,
Jason.
#2 - Jakg
Boring? There are over 800 combinations of cars and tracks if i remember right, i've done 28 THOUSAND miles and i'm still learning and think its WELL worth what i've spent on it so far
with out any shadow of a doubt its the BEST £24 ive ever spent.
it will take over your life, it has done to mine
50,000 Miles (50,865 to be exact) and I still love it. The patches that get released keep it interesting. The insim mods around keep it fun too.

BUY S2!
Was the best thing I could have done. Had it for a year so far and it is still not getting old.
S2 is more than worth it, don't hestitate.
I have almost 50,000 miles. I've been racing LFS since February 2005. I have very few laps on oval of that 50,000 miles. Last night, in one of my favorite cars, I got the "This is your first lap for this car on this track." message. Two and a half years and there is still quite a few combos that I haven't managed to tried, though mostly because it would be in a car I don't care for...
Quote from GodOfDrift :Hi, I was wondering if S2 is worth buying, Its a bit much for a canadaian.

I know it will be cool.
But I would like to hear other peoples oppions and find out if the game gets boring. Or in the patches they add new cars and tracks?

Ty,
Jason.

no its not worth it, it sucks.
only 800 combos, 600 hosts and loads of setup options which make ur head dizzy.
Lol!

so theres that many cars and tracks?
Cool!

Ill prob get it today. Just need to convince my mom to give me her credit card and Ill pay her full when the bill comes!

Well tyvm you help me alot

,Jason ^^
Now I need a cheap G32 stearing wheel, Or whatever its called

Then It will be like im driving on the road.
I dont even have my real licence yet XD im only 14

:Edit:I mean G25 Stearing wheel XD
I only got it today, I played the demo lots of times.

Let's put it this way, if you like the demo even a little bit, you will love the full . Buy it, you won't regret it at all, I'm already sorry I didn't buy it earlier
The demo track is pissing me off :P

It gets boring if you have the same car and track for a while!

YOU GOTA HAVE CHANGE!!!
I drove the FOX on Redline Racing on Blackwood, the track is fun, it's the cars that makes the difference.
Quote from GodOfDrift :Hi, I was wondering if S2 is worth buying, Its a bit much for a canadaian.

I know it will be cool.

Ty,
Jason.

I can say from my experience, that I get a little bored sometimes.

However, once you get the license and start racing on the CTRA servers you'll never get bored at all. They have a sequence of licenses you can get that come as a result of you accumulating points from races, depending on your laptime and finishing position.

I never get bored of those!

www.raceauthority.com
its kinda bias to be asking here but I'd say its worth it. the exchange rate is a bit high but its well worth the cash!
i have been playing on demo for like 6 months and i still have a lot of fun with it..
hopefully i can get S2 at christmas
S2 is worth it because it's not the kind of game that you play then put away. It's the kind of game where you can start it anytime and have a unique race. That's the best part, the fact that pick-up races are so easy to find and race in. And with this forum here, along with LFS World, it makes for an excellent gaming experience. However there are more things to it than racing. If you know any programming, you can write mods for the game. Or if you know how to use Photoshop you can make your own textures for the cars and tracks, or just basic skins for the cars. I had a go at making some textures and it was a lot of fun and I also kinda learned how to use photoshop while doing them.
It is 100% worth it, I've been playing since probably July of 2003 on the demo, registered in September, and I'm still here.

LFS S1 was my very first purchase as soon as I got a credit card, lol. I was really looking forward to getting it.

Just a note though, there aren't 800 different tracks, just a lot of combinations. There's a lot to master. You'll enjoy it, I promise.
Definitely worth it!!

I bought the game, and for the same cost as the game...I picked up a Logitech MOMO wheel off my friend (he upgraded to G25).

Best 110 bucks I ever spent!!!

I'm now hooked on multiplayer, and I've found that even the vets seem to have a lot of patience with the noobs....as long as you obey the flags and move out of the way for faster racers!!!
Quote from StableX :I can say from my experience, that I get a little bored sometimes.

However, once you get the license and start racing on the CTRA servers you'll never get bored at all. They have a sequence of licenses you can get that come as a result of you accumulating points from races, depending on your laptime and finishing position.

I never get bored of those!

www.raceauthority.com

Becky paying you now? But you are right. And dont forget the generaly full servers and clean racing. The rotation of tracks.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :S2 is worth it because it's not the kind of game that you play then put away.

It is because there is NO gameplay to LFS. There is no feat to accomplish, no goal to achieve (other than personal goals). No end to the "game". You log on, you race. You try to win. If you don't achieve that goal, you try again in the next race. If you do, you may not achieve the goal the next race. There is no "finished the game" in LFS.

I know it will be cool.

Ty,
Jason.

It's definately worth it. A bit much for a Canadian???? Check out the people from Eastern European countries and china playing the game and then come here saying it's a bit much for a Canadian.
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
Yeah it's worth it.

I don't even have a wheel and I still enjoy it. (Good purchase haha)
Quote from GodOfDrift :Lol!

so theres that many cars and tracks?
Cool!

Ill prob get it today. Just need to convince my mom to give me her credit card and Ill pay her full when the bill comes!

Well tyvm you help me alot

,Jason ^^

huhuhu someone seems that made it !! =)

wellcome to S2

Is S2 Worth It?
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG