The online racing simulator
I modded my XFO GTI with mechanik and...
(28 posts, closed, started )
I turned the power up to 0.600 and messed around with the redline etc... my boost is spiking on the guage... its going past 24psi and bouncing, I dunno if this is a bug or what but its very interesting, what im wondering here is did the devs to this or is it just a glitch? thanks

-Jon

btw, my time to rev: is 0.001 and the bov doesnt blow off,
and please dont go over this "what is a blow off valve" crap

thanks again guys
#2 - axus
Quote from gen2integra93 : btw, my time to rev: is 0.001 and the bov doesnt blow off,
and please dont go over this "what is a blow off valve" crap

Can we ask what an XFO GTi is? Because the XF GTi doesn't have a turbo - maybe you mean the FXO Turbo?
Quote from axus :Can we ask what an XFO GTi is? Because the XF GTi doesn't have a turbo - maybe you mean the FXO Turbo?

well, YOU can obviously ask, I dont think anyone else did, why dont you answer the ****in question instead of being a typical online hardass?

and yeah, the """"FXO TURBO"""""
Kort lontje...
#5 - axus
Quote from gen2integra93 :well, YOU can obviously ask, I dont think anyone else did, why dont you answer the ****in question instead of being a typical online hardass?

I can't answer your "****ing question" without knowing that. Now I can go into mekanik and do the same thing and see if it looks like a bug or not.
Chill out, integra. Axus is just trying to help.
#7 - axus
Did the same thing to an FXO here - what basically happens is that the car's revs hit rev limiter, causing the revs to bounce at the redline because of the low time to rev. This makes the pressure of exhaust fumes go up and down,
and exhaust fumes drive the turbo making its pressure bounce up and down.
Quote from gen2integra93 :well, YOU can obviously ask, I dont think anyone else did, why dont you answer the ****in question instead of being a typical online hardass?

I also had no ****ing idea what the **** you were talking about. I thought you meant the ****ing FXO GTR. So Axus isn't the only person who was wondering what the **** was going on.
nice language in here
hehehehe
its funny how you say, the exhaust gasses power the turbo blah blah blah, even though its a video game... but thanks for the reply, no im not being cocky just think its funny.

indeed im sorry for the insane reply I said to you, misunderstanding. Thanks again!
#11 - axus
Quote from gen2integra93 :its a video game

*cough*racing-simulation*cough*

That is what would happen in real life so that is what happens in LFS... (or appears to happen if you create that situation in LFS)
Which is nice. It proves the turbo physics is no hack but works as it would in real life. Except that in LFS the turbo pressure climbs slower the more you rev whereas in reality it should go faster the more you rev since with higher revs you have higher exhaust pressure. Still it's nice to know that it basically works like in reality Go LFS! Can't wait for physics patches
Quote from Frankmd :Kort lontje...

hehehe lol frank
#14 - axus
Quote from Nick_ll :Except that in LFS the turbo pressure climbs slower the more you rev whereas in reality it should go faster the more you rev since with higher revs you have higher exhaust pressure.

Really? I read that and I was just testing it... seems fine to me and it seems to increase pressure slower when you put more throttle on - maybe its just me. I remember that there was a big turbo physics re-write before S2... is the problem you are talking about from S1?
Quote from gen2integra93 :its funny how you say, the exhaust gasses power the turbo blah blah blah, even though its a video game... but thanks for the reply, no im not being cocky just think its funny.

indeed im sorry for the insane reply I said to you, misunderstanding. Thanks again!

[myOpinion]Your a twat![/myOpinion]
Let's not do the name-calling thing.

He's new, he's adjusting quickly, let's get off his case.

On-topic:

Somehow it also seems more logical to me that turbo pressure would rise faster when you rev higher... I'm no mechanic though.
Quote from bobvanvliet :He's new, he's adjusting quickly, let's get off his case.

He joined in July '03. That was b4 me, but i still have the manners and cop-on to not come onto a forum and give people sh1t that are trying to help me. He made the mistake to start with anyway. I thought he was talking about the XF GTi.
Whoops, my mistake. Was looking at the number of post in stead of join-date :banghead:

It's just that name calling usually makes a thread escalate into offtopic chatter (look what it's doing here! ), so I thought I'd say something.

Anyhoo, Moving On...
so much hostility over nothing.

wow... you need some anger management there. illepall
#21 - JTbo

Really good attitude, I'm sure everyone likes to answer to you now

I list this guy to 'me now everything' class in my books now
Quote from nikimere :... i still have the manners and cop-on to not come onto a forum and give people sh1t that are trying to help me.

OK I'll bite, what's a "cop-on"?

Quote from bobvanvliet :... name calling usually makes a thread escalate into offtopic chatter (look what it's doing here! )

*ahem* :icon23:
Quote from nikimere :still have the manners and cop-on to not come onto a forum

"cop on" in this context means "understand"
#25 - JTbo
This thread is closed

(28 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG