The online racing simulator
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I actually didn't find any of TeazR's to be special enough, but each to their own I guess, I can't really comment after the pile of crap I submitted lol

Same here, I just didn't get any vibes from his skins unfortunately... they don't look like designs that fit the LX... maybe best fit for other cars

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Justin is my favourite, and most people I speak to love that cell skin. I rekon he could win it, oh and thanks for the vote tweaker! That sums me up perfectly...simple!

Cell skin is nice yes. With the limited space on the LX, it looks nice. Most of the skins that accentuate the nose either with a vertical stripe of some sort wrapped around or any alternate coloring really brings out the look of the LX car.

There are too many skins that have tribal designs and stuff. I did also like this skin though, but one side is a little warped:

Hz-Lab
LX6_KSPERFORMANCE
343938 bytes
7 Jul 2007, 13:53
the cell one is great ... for once a nonsymmetric design
the ksp looks kinds spongebobish to me
still deciding on which skins to vote for
I didn't vote for TeazR's dragon exaust or the cell one becuase I can't see the sponsor name in LFS. people will be wondering where the brand is
That's because they're both made up by the skinners themselves. The dragon exhaust logo is available on master-skinnerz and it's foretold that the cell+ is on it's way.
Hence they ofcourse have permission to use them.

Download Dragon Exhaust here
Exactly, those logos are nothing more than just fictional logos created by the designer. Remember, the rules state that if the designer uses a logo on the skin, it must be cleared by them so they don't have any issues with it being in the game. (If someone worked for Coca-Cola and got it approved, I am sure it would be ok). But these are fictional logos, and Cell looks great. Because it's a shame people have used the old crummy logo pack... most LFS logos our outdated and don't look modern at all.
#81 - aoun
I voted for 4 skins so far, thats all i liked. Looked for good quality, race like skins, not just some blank stripes and personal stuff etc =) Good work to all thoguh..
Quote from al heeley :erm, daloonie has a castrol skin which by the comp rules should not be accepted for the judging. Sorry.

There's 2 Castrol skins in the competition. And since Castrol is ingame I suppose it's allright just as Intel, ATL, Credit Suisse etc. which are on the BMW Sauber.
Since many people committed themselves, I might as well admit that Justin's cell-skin was also my unrivaled number 1 pick. But I've always been a fan of justin's skins. I just like his style .
hm i liked only 2 skins... oO

made my choices. i tried to vote for those wich looked origonal, and not repetitive (by wich i mean alot of skins using similar colours/designs/ decals and so on)

anyone vote for me?
these were my first releases so when the voting is over i like to get some comment on what i did wrong/good .
should i make a other topic then?

i do see a lot of the same designs in my opinion
Quote from swingkid :these were my first releases so when the voting is over i like to get some comment on what i did wrong/good .
should i make a other topic then?

NO!

Just put your LX skins in the finished skins section, thats what it for. People can then say something about them, if they want, you can't force people to comment.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=45
DON'T SHOUT!
i don't force ,i ask!
why did you think i forced?
and i thought this was a normal question , it looks like this is the first skinning competition and I'm just a few Mont's around.
so how should know what to do? ( OK now i do know)

please understand that people who come from not English speaking countries can use the wrong ways in saying things
we should have a zip or a rar of the contestants' skins
Quote from Zipppy :we should have a zip or a rar of the contestants' skins

Only top voted skins to ensure quality and lesser filesize.

Seriously alot of these skins needs alot more love and people should learn not to skin in paint. Anti Aliasing is also a good thing.
I voted for Teaz-R and Al Heelys skins because they are some of the best skinners i have seen
Quote from Dalek0220 :I voted for Teaz-R and Al Heelys skins because they are some of the best skinners i have seen

You should vote for the skins, not for the people who made them.
Just a reminder that the public vote will end today (monday) at 12.00 UTC!
Get your votes in if you haven't already.
shame I'm not going to be here to colenct my prize
Voting is over!

The best 10 LX4 and best 10 LX6 are now visible on the main page of the skincompetition website http://competition.lfs.net/lx_skinning/

We LFS devs will now make the final selection of the winning skins.
WOW I am really surprised to see the skins I liked in there, but also surprised some skins that I know a lot of people liked did not make it in the Top 10 for each. I mean.... a lot of them are just way too similar with colors... wish there was more of a variety Well choose the best and make it a variety then

Too bad "Dragon Exhaust" car has KATT Pipe
Could we have an access to the page where all the skins were stored?
I should have downloaded them earlier but...

If it's there I don't see it!
12 copy&paste jobs in the top 20. What's the point having identical skins on two different cars, I don't know. Variety, like Tweak said.
Quote from Blackout :12 copy&paste jobs in the top 20. What's the point having identical skins on two different cars, I don't know.

How could there be 12 copy&paste jobs if there's only 2 times 10 skins? That's a theoretical maximum of 10 copy&paste jobs if you ask me .

Anyway, pure disappointment for me . There are actually 2 skins out of the 20 I like and I fear those will not even be included by the devs. But that's democracy, I suppose .

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG