The online racing simulator
Single Seater
(119 posts, started )
Quote from chunkyracer :....

I don't think it is so extreme on this matter. For me, I see a good amount of "Give and Take" on the servers. Like you, if someone gets a nose inside I try to give them the corner. I hope people act the same in turn, but sometimes it doesn't happen. I wouldn't say that the intent is as bad it may seem.

I agree with Deko, on FE people were spinning like it was going out of style, mainly from wheelspin combined with lack of skill/quickness/finese/experience on corner exit.
Quote from csurdongulos :
Is it possible to have dynamic grid size? I mean on smaller tracks you could reduce it to 15-17, and on larger ones increase it to 25 or so.

Only problem there might be, that if you have a full large grid followed by a smaller one, how would you decide who gets ditched for the next race on the new smaller circuit?
Quote from Storm_Cloud :It is a terrific system - thanks and congratulations. Before fiddling with the servers and cars though I think it would be nice to have SS2 running for a bit to see how things develop.

I'll second that
Tracklist for single seater 1

AS1_Standard
AS2_Standard
AS7_Standard
SO5_Standard
WE1_Standard
BL1_Standard
KY2_Standard
FE3_Standard
FE2R_Standard
AS1R_Standard
AS2R_Standard
AS7R_Standard
SO5R_Standard
WE1R_Standard
BL1R_Standard
KY2R_Standard
FE3R_Standard

Just ignore the _Standard, that just denotes some layout information used by X-System mostly on the Bump & Jump server.
Quote from Becky Rose :CTRA licence holders will not get direct access to higher single seater tiers, it's a totally seperate licence tier, as is the bump and jump.

???
On the CTRA website you can read this:
Single Seater Server 1 is a dedicated FOX server, it provides the first rung on the CTRA Single Seater licence and opens the gate to the higher servers.

Doesn't this mean that I (with my National B licence) can drive in the Formule junior and F08 on server 2 when it opens?
I dont like the idea to remove short/narrow tracks couse they are my favorits and there will be noway to have them with FO8 cars in the grid.

But if thats they only way to solve this, then it has to be done...
I believe she means a Gold/Titanium Etc does not equal anything in SS
Sorry for the confusion, I am referring to the CTRA Race licence used for tin tops, there has been some suggestion that high licenced tin top car racers will get access to higher single seater tiers - it's been suggested enough that some are beginning to think it's come from my own typing fingers, but it hasn't. I just wanted to be clear that the two tiers are entirely independent of each other and that doing well in one tier does not grant access to the other.
Quote :I dont like the idea to remove short/narrow tracks couse they are my favorits and there will be noway to have them with FO8 cars in the grid.

They are my favorites too, but I think we should be ok to feature them on SS2 with the FOX and FJR on the track.

I will be opening SS2 when there are about 100 national licenced drivers.
Any chance to get Single Seater License bars Becky?

TBH, I'm not a huge fan of the tin-tops( ) but love the single seater CTRA racing.
Sam is half way through doing a whole new licence bar system, but was not able to finish them before he went away on holiday. I'm sure he'll finish the system off when he gets back in about a week, until then i'm just trying to keep my sanity.
Good Luck with that! (the sanity of course)
"I will be opening SS2 when there are about 100 national licenced drivers."

Ok, all National A and B drivers take holliday now and let others climb!
Quote from Becky Rose :I will be opening SS2 when there are about 100 national licenced drivers.

Hurry up then ya slow bas***ds We need SS2 open

More SO variants on SS2 pls Becky
Glad to see that the FE1 tracks have been removed - they were just inappropriate for the FOX. Why no FE2 though, only FE2R?

I'd like to see SO1 and SO1R put back on, although I agree you were right to ditch the sprint tracks. At least with SO1 you can salvage a race if you need to pit.

Imho there isn't a great need to fiddle with the system too much as it's still early days and a huge range of skills is trying to fit into one server. I'd just suggest dropping the number of entries down a couple of places, and/or ditching FE1. In the long run when enough drivers qualify for SS2, it'll be a lot more balanced. As long as the fast drivers respect the beginner servers by staying on the SS2 server of course, which doesn't always happen on race 1 and race 2.
Quote : More SO variants on SS2 pls Becky

I'm thinking that we'll probably have it use every single non-rallyX track except for sprint 1 and sprint 2.

EDIT:
Posted too soon without engaging brain.
no KY1 Oval, no Fern Bay Black, no Aston Touring or Aston GP.
Quote from STROBE :Glad to see that the FE1 tracks have been removed - they were just inappropriate for the FOX.

Rubbish...they are perfectly appropriate for the FOX, some of the best races in the FOX are at FE1/FE1R .
It's some of the drivers that aren't appropriate for FE1

(hopes no one posts replay of my n00bish FE1 T1 cock up )
Quote from The Moose :Rubbish...they are perfectly appropriate for the FOX, some of the best races in the FOX are at FE1/FE1R .

I had good races there before on ctra, but when starting to lap the field it just becomes a slalom course and a "who avoids the obstacles better" competition.

as I said before, it is not suited for public SS racing on the entry level.
Quote from The Moose :Rubbish...they are perfectly appropriate for the FOX, some of the best races in the FOX are at FE1/FE1R .

Well yes, I've no objection to driving FOX at FE1 myself. What I meant was that in the context of the CTRA's SS1 server the tiny short course, narrow track, and sheer number of unskilled drivers made it a farce, not a race. AS1 is also too short imo, but the extra width of Aston's track makes it a more feasible proposition with so many people on so many different laps.
How about no mid-race join on FE1/R & South City Classic?

90% of the incidents I've had on those tracks are people who join/rejoin/re-rejoin mid-race.

The people who keep their cars on track are usually a) faster/lapped less often and b) know how to control their cars and handle being lapped
Quote from STROBE : What I meant was that in the context of the CTRA's SS1 server the tiny short course, narrow track, and sheer number of unskilled drivers made it a farce, not a race.

I can't argue with that. It was a complete lottery last night. Chaos. I love the track with that car, but it is indeed a nightmare with some of the 'rookie' drivers.

People flying out of the pitlane who obviously haven't checked their mirrors, and people who panic when a faster driver is about to lap them seems to be the main problems as far as i can see.
@Becky: i red, that u wanna kill the BF1 for server 3 i think this u should not do, because the motivation (for me personally and hopefully for other racers) is to get the licence to drive the BF1 in a grid where everbody can drive the BF1. because such a server is hard to find!!!

so i would definitly define the BF1 as the top class you can drive for the SS-servers, please
Quote from Becky Rose :I will be opening SS2 when there are about 100 national licenced drivers.

Hurry up people, we need 73 more!!!

I think the max 1 join/rejoin rule is a very good idea

Quote :@Becky: i red, that u wanna kill the BF1 for server 3 i think this u should not do, because the motivation (for me personally and hopefully for other racers) is to get the licence to drive the BF1 in a grid where everbody can drive the BF1. because such a server is hard to find!!!

so i would definitly define the BF1 as the top class you can drive for the SS-servers, please

+1
The guy in 100th place has 61 points. So, what is it - 10 days of CTRA so far? Extrapolating results would mean we pass the 100 mark in Nat B drivers in 40 more days!!!!
Sooo long to wait. I should have my Nat B by week's end..

Stop Breaking lap records so the 108% stays slower

Single Seater
(119 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG