The online racing simulator
Quote from felplacerad :...but then I realized that it's the actual word in german.

I thought you were the expert for the german language!?

Quote from Kalev EST :I´ve got kicked several times for calling Zeugnimod a points whore. I just call him a hwore now.

Feel free to do so. You NOB.

Quote from BlueFlame :When i swear on LFS, its usually because im angry at someones stupidity and if i was at a LAN with this person, i wouldn't bother swearing, id get out of my chair, take of my headphones, walk over to them and repeatidly punch them in the face. Like a REAL man. Whether they are 14 or 40, it wouldn't matter to me. After all if you want simulation, a big enough crash threatens your life, so you need to show that person what life means and life means pain.

Why are you acting like an idiot here on the forums?

I have raced with you on the Bump and Jump server 2 days ago and you were a really nice and friendly person there. But thats completely different on this forum. :thumbsdow
Blueflame is just giving a demonstration of why we have a swear filter, it's the virtual equivellent of his beating room. Which makes me wonder what else he beats.... oh, second position of course!
Why do people call me an idiot for stating the truth, alot and i mean ALOT of people will only continue to make mistakes unless you show them why they shouldn't.

Maybe Germany and Russia would be at large today, if it wasn't for the allies, as an example but this is extremely off topic.

And to just add to the guy who said i abuse the english langauge , i would like you to know i can speak alot of different languages and i am more culturally aware of others in different states, than you could ever be. Henceforth my views on bad words, Norwegian for instance, their bad words don't mean anything to me and its the same for them. If your not taught it. It doesn't exist.
Quote from BlueFlame :Why do people call me an idiot for stating the truth, alot and i mean ALOT of people will only continue to make mistakes unless you show them why they shouldn't.

Ok, you wont get any more sets from me.

Maybe that will show you why you shouldnt make mistakes.
Quote from zeugnimod :Ok, you wont get any more sets from me.

Maybe that will show you why you shouldnt make mistakes.

And what mistakes were those?
Wanting to beat other people. :rolleyes:
a mistake would actually be doing it, not talking about it, and besides, its only when people constantly make these mistakes, after saying sorry, and they do it 5 times in a row.
Quote from BlueFlame : its usually because im angry at someones stupidity and if i was at a LAN with this person, i wouldn't bother swearing, id get out of my chair, take of my headphones, walk over to them and repeatidly punch them in the face. Like a REAL man.

So you would punch someone at a LAN party because they made a mistake or were stupid?

That's not the behaviour of a "REAL man", that's the behaviour of a complete c**t.
Quote :walk over to them and repeatidly punch them in the face. Like a REAL man

Eh? ...WHAT?....LOL
The definition of a REAL man is jogging home after vasectomy surgery.
I got kicked once from a CTRA server for swearing. I said F*ck because I crashed. Just as I'd say in real life. Never got kicked from real life for that though
Where is that other thread were I made a point about swear words being not so evil and for the kids and stuff, I'm not making that point again. Look it up.
The definition of a real man is he who doesn't feel the need to prove it.

Back to the swear filter - there's a simple rule: if you wouldn't say it in front of your mum, don't type it.

It's all to easy to forget in online gaming that each of those cars, each of those collections of pixels is another person. A real human being. Just because they're not next to you doesn't mean you can afford them any less respect. Part of the respect is how you behave around them. Part is how you talk to them.

Or as the lament goes: "Why can't you effin jeffers all just get along?!"
Quote from Christofire :Or as the lament goes: "Why can't you effin jeffers all just get along?!"

I've heard the phrase 'Effin and Jeffin'...the effin I can understand, what the hell is the jeffin meant to be ?
Maybe a referral to the son of the christian god?
Quote from JohnPenn :Eh? ...WHAT?....LOL
The definition of a REAL man is jogging home after vasectomy surgery.

Chuck Norris did this. Then as soon as he got home, he impregnated his wife
Quote from mrodgers :Chuck Norris did this. Then as soon as he got home, he impregnated his wife

:ices_rofl
Quote from zeugnimod :Wanting to beat other people. :rolleyes:

I have a desire to be beaten...

Off.

Quote from felplacerad :

Though I guess I had it coming for speaking ikean in the first place! Right, Dustin?

Yes, Ikea-san, I would recommend swearing in a more elegant language, like Spanish or Australian.

Fun story, is I got kicked for calling myself a whore, and I argue that whore ain't abuse because some people are actually whores?...

Christofire, if that adage is what we are supposed to follow, can I have all words but the C word removed from the swear filter, seeing that's the general guideline I follow around my mum...

Mike...
Quote from Becky Rose :Smeg isn't considered a swear word in English, oddly given it's meaning. So you can smegging smeg all you smegging like on the smegging CTRA smeggy smeg of a smegging server.

ROFL

I have banned people as well for swearing on the servers, short bans, but still swearing after multiple requests to stop deserves a ban.

FYI this isn't open for debate, you agree to not swear or say anything else that is vulgar or offensive to others or yourself while on the CTRA servers so we kindly ask not to. In the very extremes you could lose your license... permanently. We don't care if people think that it's 'mature' or not to be able to swear (personally it's childish, swear out loud if you have to and don't subject others to your words, chances are they saw you crash and know your feelings anyways, everyone else has been there too)

This game is a family type environment like Becky said (my 10 year old brother races with me now and then) so please don't and keep it to yourself.

All the talk here so far has been humorous and light hearted, just wanted to put a kabash to anything that might start up later =P
I'm not offended by swearing, but I don't really see the point of it in LFS. Especially when typing means you're not racing. I have a "WTF!?" key reserved for when someone piles into me without even attempting to brake - would that get me kicked here? I don't know.

But as for the word 'smeg', remember it's also a brand of fridge. Would it be fair to get kicked from the server if you happened to be discussing your favourite refridgeration hardware?
They have some pretty good fridges really.
Swearing crops up elsewhere, particularly in music, often in lyrics, in harder styles of music, also in track names, album names and even band names (A.C. anyone?). So you could get 'unjustly' kicked for discussing that too. What needs to be remembered, though, is that you don't join an LFS server to discuss music or debate on refrigeration hardware; swearing just isn't needed when racing.

Quote from VTiRoj :Does the swear filter also see past b***h and s**t for example?

Much as some people may dislike the brand Bosch, I for one have never considered it swearing.
Quote from Christofire :The definition of a real man is he who doesn't feel the need to prove it.

I agree with that alot but it comes to a point where its about making a benefit for the rest of the world. All the mistakes some pollitical people have made and your telling me you wouldn't want to punch one of THEM repeatidly?
Quote from BlueFlame : All the mistakes some political people have made and your telling me you wouldn't want to punch one of THEM repeatedly?

That's a whole different thing. Quite frankly i would not only like to punch President Bush repeatedly, but chuck in a bit of evil ,slow, nasty, painful torture as well. It's the very least he deserves.

Slightly different to punching someone at a LAN because they made a mistake though
Quote from BlueFlame :I agree with that alot but it comes to a point where its about making a benefit for the rest of the world. All the mistakes some pollitical people have made and your telling me you wouldn't want to punch one of THEM repeatidly?

So you're at a LAN party, and Tony Blair crashes into you at T1? And you're all, like, "OK Tony, I was mad when you invaded Iraq, but crashing me like a noob at T1 is the last straw, I am going to punch you like a REAL man!".

:rolleyes:
I'd like to drip acid on two particular war criminal... sorry, world leaders. I wouldn't like to drip acid on somebody who I have just crashed with, at least, not until after i've checked the replay and not had satisfaction from a submitted report...
This thread should be pinned, just for the quality humour that keeps coming out in it... Sorry I can't contribute to it at the moment, nothing good comes to mind

Sam

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG