The online racing simulator
Race 3 - open for silver drivers ?!?!
hi there!

after the new system has been on i´ve spend most of my time on the
race 3 server, because i love the new GT2 class.

the thing is: its mostly empty there, because just gold and platinum
drivers are allowed to drive there.

even on the best-times (sat, sun-night) there are never more then 10
people on it. sometimes its even empty!!!

so my suggestion is: OPEN IT FOR SILVER DRIVERS !!!!

the GT2 class is very very easy to drive. i think its easier then the TBO´s
are...

its as fast as a TBO with less weight and wings
I have been on your server a few times to say hello and watch your racing with the GTR classes. Sadly, I can safely say there is no chance I will be able to race with you under the current scheme of things.

In the old system I used to make slow but steady progress to get points toward a gold license. Since the new system i think I have managed about 25 points sadly, but its not through lack of trying.

I would love to see the server 3 opened up to Silver license holders as GTR's are a lot of fun.

I just think the throughput of new license holders under the points allocation will be greatly reduced.
You'll have to forgive StableX he's on a campaign to get the points system changed even though it was changed a while ago. Partly this is my fault because I never told him...

Anyway, opening the server up to silver I dont think would help because race 2 is also not fully populated, it gets busy - but not packed.

I think mostly the problem is that the server population is also farmed out to the single seaters and also to bump & jump, this combined with the fact that there are other server operators who still attract a significant number of racers means there are just not enough drivers to fill race 3.

I have been putting some thought into what to do about the current server lineup, but i'm not going to take action just yet. I can say that you can expect a change in the not too distant future, but I dont want to remodel the server makeup too heavily until Sam is back from holiday.
I got the gold badge the other day so I tried the GTR server, but I don't think I'll go on there very often. I've never been a big fan of the FWDs, and the hamstrung RWDs were a bit weird to drive (but that might have been because I had inappropriate setups).

I went there from the TBO server which was populated by a few other gold and platinum racers who didn't seem interested in joining me. Maybe those cars just aren't that popular?
but i notice a lot of drivers who like to join and getting kicked.

the thing is, i´ve no idea, if they are ctra-drivers with a lower licence
or just some random people who like to join a GTR server....

if they are ctra-drivers, the server would´ve filled up at least a few times.

i know, a lot of "higher licenced" drivers like to drive the single-seaters,
but maybe thats the reason to let the lower-licenced drivers in (race 3)?

i know you know what u do, becky, this is just my point of view...
I have to agree that the small GTRs are a piece of cake to drive compared to the TBOs, and when I first joined that server and picked the UFR, I was quite surprised to find out that I was not allowed to.

However, I'm not saying it should be open to silver licenced racers. Nor am I saying it shouldn't. I really haven't made my mind up. Though, seeing that race2 could usually use a few more racers than are there, this might not yet be the right time to open race3 for silver licencees, I guess. But don't know. And who am I to... .
Quote from Becky Rose :You'll have to forgive StableX he's on a campaign to get the points system changed even though it was changed a while ago. Partly this is my fault because I never told him...

Anyway, opening the server up to silver I dont think would help because race 2 is also not fully populated, it gets busy - but not packed.

I think mostly the problem is that the server population is also farmed out to the single seaters and also to bump & jump, this combined with the fact that there are other server operators who still attract a significant number of racers means there are just not enough drivers to fill race 3.

I have been putting some thought into what to do about the current server lineup, but i'm not going to take action just yet. I can say that you can expect a change in the not too distant future, but I dont want to remodel the server makeup too heavily until Sam is back from holiday.

Well I have to say during the beta testing I loved driving the GT2 class. But I am a silver licensed driver and cant join in. Nothing to worry about, someday I will get mine gold license and will join in.

About the lack of drivers on race 2 is easy. Have a look at the popularity of the new servers, Bump & Jump and the singel seaters. Eventually it will reso;ve itselfs when the hype is gone. For the moment people just enjoy the other servers more then the traditional TBO servers.

Not need to worry there Becky, if I were you dont change anything. It is fine the way it is. About point sytem i can be short. If your not fast enough you dont deserve points. Just drive the tracks and earn your points when you start winning.

Off course its annoying when your putting in your best and your not reworded for it. But I seen racers complain about not getting points and there 5-10 seconds off pace. So who is kidding who then ?
Quote from Becky Rose :You'll have to forgive StableX he's on a campaign to get the points system changed even though it was changed a while ago. Partly this is my fault because I never told him...

I think its rather unfair to single me out and then diss me by saying FORGIVE me for something.

I've tried on every occasion to be reasoned and give a constructive approach to things. I do actually have quite a lot of experience in building these things and am only trying to help. Sorry if you feel you need to take a pop!
Sorry, it was meant as a joke. I chose you because you mentioned it in every post relating to the CTRA, sorry it went down wrong.
#10 - Jakg
Quote from LordBlaster :if they are ctra-drivers, the server would´ve filled up at least a few times.

If you have a Bronze or above you can spectate on any server, if you have Copper you will be kicked telling you to get your license on another server.
Quote from Jakg :If you have a Bronze or above you can spectate on any server, if you have Copper you will be kicked telling you to get your license on another server.

ahhh did not know that, thx a lot

ok, in that case, it would´nt help much to open it for silver-drivers...
maybe just a little.

anyway, last time i was racing on race3 (monday night), about 10 people
were online and it was a bit like racing

maybe race3 needed just a bit promotion in here?
Quote from Becky Rose :Sorry, it was meant as a joke. I chose you because you mentioned it in every post relating to the CTRA, sorry it went down wrong.

sorry too Becky. In all honesty, what I say might come across as I am not happy and always trying to change things. However, though I do believe it can be improved on and has bugs, its the best kick arse system out there and you should be proud of what has been created!

I'm just grumpy because I'd like some points, apart from bump points
Quote from Jakg :If you have a Bronze or above you can spectate on any server, if you have Copper you will be kicked telling you to get your license on another server.

Thats true. I have been and specced them playing. GO check out the new website too:

www.lordblaster-fanclub.net

He's the best - woohoo.....
Quote from StableX :Thats true. I have been and specced them playing. GO check out the new website too:

www.lordblaster-fanclub.net

He's the best - woohoo.....

no website yet

i think i should register the domain and make it myself
I'd like a signed poster sized photo pls My Lord. You're the man!:bowdown:
Quote from LordBlaster : no website yet

i think i should register the domain and make it myself

You just register lordblaster.net then. Registering your own fanclub sounds like something Paris Hilton would do.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :You just register lordblaster.net then. Registering your own fanclub sounds like something Paris Hilton would do.

hey, that was meant ironic

it´s just, i enjoyed my 5min of fame
OMG, I didnt realise your fanclub extended this far!!!!
Attached images
lordblaster.jpg
Quote from StableX :OMG, I didnt realise your fanclub extended this far!!!!

Not far enough is my humble opinion. I would not mind if she was my only fan
It's me, i'm holding the Lord Blaster sign, and soon i'm going to rename the Single Seater licence in his honour.
Quote from Becky Rose :It's me, i'm holding the Lord Blaster sign, and soon i'm going to rename the Single Seater licence in his honour.

OK beauty and brains... a rare phenomenon
lol, I should be so lucky
its growing and growing
Attached images
girlsaloud.jpg
Quote from LordBlaster :its growing and growing

Too easy...no link to lordblaster. Well none visible anyway. Proof is needed.
OMG, can't believe it! Lord Blaster gets everywhere!
Attached images
blasteraloud.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG