Best Gaming Notebook
(31 posts, started )

Poll : Which is a better notebook

Alienware
Other (Please Specify)
Dell
Apple
#26 - JTbo
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Rig Of rods is great for CPU testing, because it's multi-threaded/multi-core.

In Canadian $, the Macbook Pro is much cheaper than the Sager laptop, which is why I suggested it. I guess Apple has messed up prices in Europe (over-priced). Also, I don't really like the form-factor of that Sager laptop, it has that whole bloated bottom that I think looks gross.

Honestly, I've had less problems running Windows on my Mac, then running Windows on any other computer. I guess laptops are different, because most of it is pre-installed, but most desktops I have (because I lose disks easily), is more trouble to find drivers, where installing Windows on Mac is simply inserting the CD into the drive, and autorun starts the Setup, and a restart later, everything works.

Sorry for the Pieced together post, it's sorta a bad post flow-wise, but better than triple-posting.

One thing I hate on most laptops is that there is all kind of stupidly weighty software doing something stupid like showing network status (30mb from memory and 2nd most CPU intensive process in acer for example) and there is loads of this bloatware so naturally windows will be installed with custom settings if I get laptop.

In europe we have small problem with tolls, product that is relatively ok prices in US does get something between 50-100% extra when it enters to this area, really sucks.
Laptops assembled in Germany don't have this problem as it is made in EU product, it does not matter that components do come very same places, stupid laws, but what you could do for them...

Fine example from few years ago, Digital video camera did come cheaper if you fly to US spend few days there and bought camera from US, then returned with it to here rather than you would bought it in here and travelling is not very cheap at all, imo.
Laptops aren't for gaming, end of. How much of a tw@ will you look, taking a laptop to a LAN...

Laptops are for Office Use and Laptops are supposed to be moved around, whats the point buying one if it never leaves your houseand whats the point buying one anyway, are you REALLY addicted THAT much, that you need your LFS 'hit' whereever and whenever?
#28 - JTbo
Quote from BlueFlame :Laptops aren't for gaming, end of. How much of a tw@ will you look, taking a laptop to a LAN...

Laptops are for Office Use and Laptops are supposed to be moved around, whats the point buying one if it never leaves your houseand whats the point buying one anyway, are you REALLY addicted THAT much, that you need your LFS 'hit' whereever and whenever?

I feel someone has not been thinking this very well, why don't you read some posts in this thread first to get idea what kind of use gaming laptops are only reasonable solution
hmm, seems nice, ill look into that later, before I buy a new notebook, I need to find something for my old PC... click

Best Gaming Notebook
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG