The online racing simulator
#1 - P4U7
Off line (single player) training
Hi all,
Just wondering if there is a add-on or feature that will hold PB, splits and other lap information during single player races / off line training.

It would be good to check / know your PB and best splits during offline racing. And that also holds this info after quitting. Fuel burnt # laps per track and car etc. Very similar to LFS stats but for offline / single player racing.

I do a lot of racing / training and testing in offline mode.

Best lap chart is ok, but its resets after each race or when you load lfs again.

Ghost car was good; it had PB and split times compared but no longer works.

Any help or info would be great, or do you think this should go under improvements / suggestions forum?

Paul
As far as I know such an application does not exist. Though it could be done with insim. But here's what you could do:

Start a multiplayer game and "hide" or password protect it. Since you're the one hosting the game there will not be any lag, and LFS World will log your details just like you were racing online.

The only downsides would be that you can not add as many AIs and that you'd have to be connected to the internet.
#3 - P4U7
I looked at lfslapper but it seems to be setup on a server for it to run.
I haved looked at it a few times but not sure how it would work offline in single player.

Having a internet connection and also having greater number of AI is a big downside. So that isn't really an option. I dont think iut gives you your current / PD splits ether duirng online races, just updates on your PB when broken.

So a stand alone apllication or having it a part of LFS would be great.
If you're OK with LFS Stats! you simply could have it connect to your LFS client in what I think is called dedicated mode.
#5 - P4U7
Hmm any more info on dedicated mode or how to have a look at this?
Dedicated mode will simply make LFS Stats! generate stats session after session continously. If you disable dedicated mode the application will disconnect and close as a session is ended. LFS Stats is obviously not exactly what you are looking for since it will do just that, generate statistics for each individual session ie., it will not store all of your records in a database. Though, avoid hitting Shift-R and you'll still be able to generate some neat statistics.

Look up LFS Stats! in the unofficial addons forum.
Just want to bump this as I would also love the same being a strictly offliner atm. In order to post on LFSWorld I have to use another computer that has access to the net and go through my network, i.e., the game computer doesn't have internet access at all. So I'm assuming there isn't anything like this for LFS at the moment... thanks.
Yes there is.

I do not know if the lapper works for localhost. At least VCom works. It actually works for hotlap, single player, multiplayer (dedi, non dedi server) and replay. Some of the tools also work in client (in server).

It is simple. Start LFS with insim port open (e.g type /insim 29999 in lfs or start it with vcom insim=29999). Start Vcom (set the same port in setup) and that's it. If you use it for hotlap training only, then the most useful commands would be !pb (personal best), !laps (laps times, splits done in this run) and !stats (this race/run stats for the player).

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=491149#post491149
Ghost car would do it - but I dont know if it works with X?
#11 - P4U7
Quote from Widdowmaker :Ghost car would do it - but I dont know if it works with X?

Quote from P4U7 :Hi all,

Ghost car was good; it had PB and split times compared but no longer works.

This new vcom insim program seems to be exactly what i want, offline PB, splits, top speed ect. AWESOME! just no ghost car to chase down.
The winamp plugin is also good!

Anyone after a offline program check vcom out! until we have something official within the game.
Aquilifer, Thanks for the info! I'm giong to download now and check it out.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG