The online racing simulator
Race 1 Server Restrictions
Hi

My apologies if this has been covered before but I couldn't find any details on it.

I was wondering if you have considered adding a server restriction to the "Race 1" server to not allow Silver and up license holders. Many drivers even with silver and above still race on the this server because "it's much easier to get points and move up", which in turn makes the server very full and the beginners are having to compete with non-beginners to move up. I am sure it would also make more use of the Race 2 and 3 servers which currently are rather empty. What do other people think about this and why? I personally would favour to not allow silver+ racers on the race 1 server.
Quote from F.Rizzo :Many drivers even with silver and above still race on the this server because "it's much easier to get points and move up"

Ever thought they might do it because they enjoy driving XFG/XRG more than the TBO class?

And a better licence is meant to be a "prize", isnt it? Why take away the opportunity to drive 2 cars then?
I guess that is a fair point - I was only stating the reason I usually get from silver+ racers as to why they race on race 1. I have not raced on Race 2 as I don't have my silver license yet, but according to the site you can continue to race XFG/XRG on Race 2 with balanced TBO classes, in which case that is no longer a valid argument? Unless of course they are not actually that balanced!
Quote from F.Rizzo :but according to the site you can continue to race XFG/XRG on Race 2 with balanced TBO classes, in which case that is no longer a valid argument?

Oh, I must have missed that. Must have been changed a few days ago then.

I think you have a point when server 2 is set up like this.

But there should be no reason for silver+ drivers to race on server 1 anyway then, except when the 2nd server is full. Probably most drivers also missed the car change.
#5 - sam93
I think they should do this but try and see if they can put anything into the race 1 server so people coming onto the server have to read the rules before they enter so people know the rules of the server and race more fairly and professionaly.
Well I like the races more on Race 1 due to close racing. Also the drivers on Race 1 seems more friendly to me. Somehow when you getting up in your license and also up in servers it seems it is getting more hostile.
Quote from niels1 :Also the drivers on Race 1 seems more friendly to me.

Well, that can be changed easily enough
Quote :I think they should do this but try and see if they can put anything into the race 1 server so people coming onto the server have to read the rules before they enter so people know the rules of the server and race more fairly and professionaly.

OK Sam93, here's what i'll do. I'm going to edit your licence and clear the 'AgreedToRules' field so you can read the rules you blindly agreed to when you first entered ... lol
I think it is a bad idea to not let silver and up licence holders on race1. If it is for the points as you say, you could give silver and up people less points but they should be able to race on any server they are licenced for.
Quote from marzman :I think it is a bad idea to not let silver and up licence holders on race1. If it is for the points as you say, you could give silver and up people less points but they should be able to race on any server they are licenced for.

in stcc racers with a higher licence than bronze didn't get any points on the 1st server, that was great that way. they could still race, but not for points, just for fun. I don't remember reading about this, why it has been changed, can someone enlighten me?
Quote from Becky Rose :OK Sam93, here's what i'll do. I'm going to edit your licence and clear the 'AgreedToRules' field so you can read the rules you blindly agreed to when you first entered ... lol

:ices_rofl
oh yea i forgot about that i've now made myself sound like a n*bhead lol
csurdongulos reminding us of how it used to be has given me an idea - is it possible, Becky, to make the licences work like a multi-class race? What I mean by this is, Copper and Bronze drivers score as they would if there were no Silver or above licenced racers ahead of them, but the Silver + licenced racers still get the points they would have had?

For example, two Silver racers come first and second, and a Bronze racer finishes third. The Silver racers score points for coming first and second respectively, but the Bronze racer who came third scores as if he had been first - because the drivers ahead of him are more experienced and higher-qualified, they don't count against him for his licence points.

What do you think about this?

Sam
Quote from csurdongulos :in stcc racers with a higher licence than bronze didn't get any points on the 1st server, that was great that way.

Unless STCC changed at some time back then, I clearly recall gaining points as a Silver license on the XFG/RG server. The points were reduced, but you still received points.

I love the XFG racing, which is why I was always on the server with STCC, and why I'm on it now with CTRA (and the fact that the Silver server in CTRA is empty all the time now...) Imagine my surprise when the LX4/LFR server came up and I gained 80ish points rather than my usual 1-4 points in the XFG back then in STCC, LOL.
Quote from mrodgers :Unless STCC changed at some time back then, I clearly recall gaining points as a Silver license on the XFG/RG server. The points were reduced, but you still received points.

With the new system it looks like, the higher the license, more points you'll get, even on race 1 server. This morning I did a race in race 1 server, and the driver who won got 25 pts, with a platinum license, the second got 10 points with a gold license, the third got 2 pts with a copper license, and I got 2 pts finishing 4th with a bronze license. I can´t understand the logic in this, and in this case it wasn´t a question of laptimes since we had pretty much the same laptime. Maybe is because of this that for example the race2 server is empty most of the time. If you have a higher license and want to get some points it's better to race in the race1 server.
I really don´t care about the points, but if you have a point based system, it would be better if it was clearer the way points are awarded.
Chunky, the points do exactly the opposite of what you write (its actually the more points you have, means the less you can earn per race)

I drove on an almost full race1 server a couple of days ago and starting from the back (fe2R) won the race with fastest lap, I scored just 1pt the players finishing below me all scored more up to around 8th place

as I join higher servers race 2 or 3 ect I can earn more points for a win with fastest lap and/or record, IIRC its 6 pts on race 2 (Rb4) and 2pts (Fxo), I will have to check to see if more pts rewards are available in race3 server ,

but I am sure if you play in servers well below your licence level you will score less than in the servers provided for your level.

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :I drove on an almost full race1 server a couple of days ago and starting from the back (fe2R) won the race with fastest lap, I scored just 1pt the players finishing below me all scored more up to around 8th place

So how do you explain in the example that I gave that the platinum driver that won the race got 25 points and the driver in 3rd place who had a copper license only got 2. For me that´s the problem with the CTRA points system. Nobody really knows the way it works...
Drivers currently get whatever points the server dishes out, some high licences however score less points whatever server they are on, this is part of the 'Titanium effect'. The approach to titanium is a slow one, and it gets even worse on the way to 'Unobtanium' too. Just one of the delights of having completed the system.

We currently have no 'unobtanium' drivers, unsurprisingly.
I've really liked the XFG/XRG server over the last week, but I grow tired of the "Why are you here?" questions and snidey "he's just here for easy points" comments from people who obviously find the points far more important than I do, despite the server not being called "beginner" or "copper-bronze only" or anything like that.
Well I have no problem with high licensed racers on the server, but I do think it is unfair to the more casual racers who just don't stand a chance and it takes the fun out of the racing for them imo.

@sinbad - the server is described as "This is the entry-level server for new CTRA-licenced drivers" ... hence my point why silver and up drivers shouldn't be allowed as they are not "new CTRA-licensed" drivers.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG