The online racing simulator
#51 - Jakg
I see your point, and unless your setup is for some important league race and you made it i see not sending it out as hypocritical, as everyone has asked for a setup as some point.

But lots of people magically expect that they'll get to WR pace with a setup in the same way people assume that if they're 2 seconds off pace, if they tried they'd get a WR - a setup will make your apex speed higher and get slightly better entries and exits, it might make your car more controllable trying to overtake, but Race_S is a VERY good base setup. Of course with the inferno package there are some good sets, but usually i find alot of the sets are too loose, not a setup fault, but a problem with me not having enough experience in the car (esp single seaters) to extract all of the good ness.
#52 - FL!P
People are not obligated to send their setups. Besides many of the good drivers that I've seen have a team and it's likely that they use a team setup that they cant share with anyone else.
I don`t completely agree, sometimes when the really slow "newbie" drivers get a set, they really get faster. And not just by little, I rember this one person that was pretty slow, on Blackwood Rallycross, then I gave him my set and that little piece )#"%/"%)(/"%()%() beated the living crap out of me and was like 2 sec faster than me / lap
The only set I've been asked for a few times is the FXR set I use. I didn't make it myself but got it from someone else. I altered it just a little bit. I don't send it to other people 'cause it's just not my set to share IMO

I guess I should really start learning how to properly create a decent set from scratch. It just seems so hopeless, I feel I'll never get anything near as good as some setup geniuses. Maybe if I had the time to spend hours on end everyday tweaking and testing sets but yeah... I've got a job and household stuff to worry about However, although I don't make many sets myself, I also don't ask the set from the fastest guy after every single friggin' race. I rarely ask for a set, really. And I only ask guys that I've raced with a few times and am sort of familiar with. I totally understand if they refuse though, for whatever reason. Even if they just say "No" I'll say "Okay, no problem". It's their set, they can do whatever they want with it.

When asking for sets just remember: nobody owes you anything. Even when they've just sent it to another guy but won't send it to you, you have no right at all to be annoyed or whatever. Also, don't take it personal.
I seldom ask the aliens for sets
I know I can`t drive them anyway

And I`m lying now - I often ask Partyboy for sets, because his sets suits me well

And don`t do this :

Alland44 can i have your set ?

Please
Please
Please
Please
Please
Please
Please
Please

EDIT :
My point was - Only a handfull of drivers, can drive the real fast sets anyway
And the worst thing is.
A guy/girl comes to the server - Ask for a set in the middle of a race. They tend to ask in the middle of the fastest and most difficult corner.
I send the set, and they drive one or two laps, and then leave again ?

That`s annoying
hehe yea, then I also would think "what a thankfull person" :/
Quote from The Very End :I don`t completely agree, sometimes when the really slow "newbie" drivers get a set, they really get faster. And not just by little, I rember this one person that was pretty slow, on Blackwood Rallycross, then I gave him my set and that little piece )#"%/"%)(/"%()%() beated the living crap out of me and was like 2 sec faster than me / lap

U know not all the people who ask for sets are noobs. Some people are actually quite good and just lost their set.
Quote from lizardfolk :U know not all the people who ask for sets are noobs. Some people are actually quite good and just lost their set.

True, so there is a lot of good reasons why you should share your setup with other people
Quote from lizardfolk :U know not all the people who ask for sets are noobs. Some people are actually quite good and just lost their set.

True shit happens - quite often to me.

I have no problem getting a setup from other people. I just wait until the race is finished - obviously they're focused on their driving when race is on.

And then just ask 'em nicely for it - that's it.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Ahah, what? Did you even read his post?

edit: I see you did. Not everyone is comfortable typing or messing with the mouse while driving. I know I'm not. My keyboard is in a very uncomfortable position for typing, so I mostly avoid it when I'm in a race. As for the mouse... if I'm not involved in a chase or a battle, I might thing about it, but most of the time it's a no-go as well.

I see your point regarding your desktop controllers being hard to get to, and as my peace offering, i withdraw my statements.
I completely agree with Gunn, although, my mouse and keyboard are easy to reach and use while driving, I still get annoyed at the disrespect shown by people who enter a server, demand a setup off you, then when you don't send because your racing they start spitting their dummy out.

I allways share setups if i'm asked nicely, except in these autoX compeitions we've had these past few weeks, although I did upload the base setup (Which was generally ok) and I now send out the second version. The thing with compeitions is, people spend time making there setups and perfecting them to their likings, then when someone just shows up and demands your set it's annoying, if I should build a set that suits me, why shouldn't they?

As for dummying up a set when someone asks you....Priceless.

The one I done a few times to people I know was set the brake bias to 5% to the front and watch them....
lol

I usually don't send "joke" sets to people, but I was on CTRA Single Seater recently and one driver managed to take me out. He complained that his set sucked and didn't have any grip. So I pitted, took the Inferno set I was using, set the wings to 0/30, and sent it to him. He didn't complain anymore but I did see him understeering off into the grass a lot.
#65 - Gunn
Quote from BlueFlame :Just shows how Miserable YOU are... your a moderator.. supposed to be an upholder of the community i imagine, yet you ignore a new guys request, to be sent a setup that can help him improve...

Shut your face spam-troll. If you keep looking for a negative reaction from me you'll soon get one that you don't like. Don't try to tell me what I am supposed to be to other people you little twirp. Mind your own business.

If some n00b pesters me while I'm racing they deserve the silent treatment. Take your arcade racer attitude elsewhere and take your spam somewhere else too. Brats who think it's ok to try to talk to someone while they are contesting a race don't deserve my attention let alone my help.
As one of the "setup requesting n00bs", I always wait until post race (unless we are doing STCC wrecking practice... ), and I usually have people who I often ask setups from, because the setups I've requested from them work well.
Quote from Gunn :Shut your face spam-troll. If you keep looking for a negative reaction from me you'll soon get one that you don't like. Don't try to tell me what I am supposed to be to other people you little twirp. Mind your own business.

Seems like an Insult there, and that is against the forum rules

Quote from Gunn :Shut your face spam-troll. If you keep looking for a negative reaction from me you'll soon get one that you don't like. Don't try to tell me what I am supposed to be to other people you little twirp. Mind your own business.

If some n00b pesters me while I'm racing they deserve the silent treatment. Take your arcade racer attitude elsewhere and take your spam somewhere else too. Brats who think it's ok to try to talk to someone while they are contesting a race don't deserve my attention let alone my help.

If you really feel that way, you're incredibly ignorant. Just because someone is a mod or admin on the forums, you want them to ditch races to help out people that will most likely wreck anyway? Hell, they might even wreck other people. With a crap set they're at least crashing at the rear of the pack.
If I ever was to be graced with someone asking me for a set, I would also wait until I crashed or finished the race. There's nothing arrogant about that, just because you might be able to type and drive at the same time. I can't, I'd most likely faint if my nose started to itch in the middle of a race.
Your comments are just ignorant
Quote from BlueFlame :Seems like an Insult there, and that is against the forum rules

I guess what you said to him to provoke the post he made wasn't 'insulting' in any way?

Look at your posts and tell me your not trying to victimise him, even though you fail so miserably and look like such a tosser for trying so.

It's actually looking quite pathetic the way your trying to provoke a reaction that is against the forum "rules".

Maybe you should stick to convesations which might not contain bad words because I think you'll find people have adult conversations in this place and if you can't handle such a small reaction like this without spitting your dummy out when someone tells you where to go, then you shouldn't be here.
Quote from CasseBent :If you really feel that way, you're incredibly ignorant. Just because someone is a mod or admin on the forums, you want them to ditch races to help out people that will most likely wreck anyway? Hell, they might even wreck other people. With a crap set they're at least crashing at the rear of the pack.
If I ever was to be graced with someone asking me for a set, I would also wait until I crashed or finished the race. There's nothing arrogant about that, just because you might be able to type and drive at the same time. I can't, I'd most likely faint if my nose started to itch in the middle of a race.
Your comments are just ignorant

U can`t be danish ?!
LOL !

Danish drivers is covered by vaseline, sitting in leather seats, caring about nobody
Quote from Bawbag :I guess what you said to him to provoke the post he made wasn't 'insulting' in any way?

Look at your posts and tell me your not trying to victimise him, even though you fail so miserably and look like such a tosser for trying so.

It's actually looking quite pathetic the way your trying to provoke a reaction that is against the forum "rules".

Maybe you should stick to convesations which might not contain bad words because I think you'll find people have adult conversations in this place and if you can't handle such a small reaction like this without spitting your dummy out when someone tells you where to go, then you shouldn't be here.

Another bandwagon jumper, just cos you don't like what i say, doesn't mean you have to hint to the moderators does it, whos spitting their dummy out naa?

You don't have to called me a tosser, which, i'd like to point out, doesn't insult me in anyway way. I know nobody agrees with me on here but the fact is, its all down to intelligence all people want to do is be PC, yes, PC even about a game, as long as they can kiss the mods or Devs ass, its ok.

The only thing i see fit to warn me about, is that i go off topic all the time.
Quote from alland44 :U can`t be danish ?!
LOL !

Danish drivers is covered by vaseline, sitting in leather seats, caring about nobody

I'm sorry dude, I have no idea what you're talking about
Not much vaseline or leather here. I care about the Belchums.
Quote from CasseBent :I'm sorry dude, I have no idea what you're talking about
Not much vaseline or leather here. I care about the Belchums.

I think hes saying Danish people are slippery when wet hahah
Or slippery in general :}
BlueFlame - You're being an ignorant spam troll. You're doing the same as if I were to go to RSC and go to the GPL forums and post "GPL SUCKS! LFS IS BETTER!!" because that's exactly what you're doing.

/me is bored, maybe I'm gonna make that thread...
This thread is closed

What is it with people who wont send setups
(77 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG